Home
I've got a McMillan hunter stock in the 'McWoody' flavor on order for my favorite deer rifle. Although it'll be a while, I'd like to get some ideas on a Cerakote color for the barreled action... was thinking plain old graphite black. What does the 'fire say?
Originally Posted by Big_Red
was thinking plain old graphite black. What does the 'fire say?

Never a bad choice, IMHO.
Originally Posted by WiFowler

+1
Midnight blue with extra hardener if you want to get close to the look of bluing.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by WiFowler

+1

+2
[Linked Image]

That's what I did and I have no regrets
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Midnight blue with extra hardener if you want to get close to the look of bluing.

I prefer that over graphite black as well...
Thanks folks. Any pics of the midnight blue with extra hardener?
Another vote for graphite black in a dark McWoody...

[Linked Image]
Thanks folks. Any pics of the midnight blue with extra hardener?

Not in a mcwoody, but brown precision pounder:

[Linked Image]
Love the brown and mcwoody
Originally Posted by Orion2000

[Linked Image]

What McMillan style is this? Like the lines of this stock.
bsa1917hunter - Boy, is this one of those '6 of one, 1/2 doz of another' moments. Both the black and the blue look really nice. Guess this is what flippin' coins is all about...which one looks better to you? Homesteader
Black graphite on both.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Homesteader
bsa1917hunter - Boy, is this one of those '6 of one, 1/2 doz of another' moments. Both the black and the blue look really nice. Guess this is what flippin' coins is all about...which one looks better to you? Homesteader

I think it's hard to go wrong with either color, honestly. However, having had both cerakote colors on rifles, I do like the midnight blue better. If you like more of a matte finish, go with the graphite black. If you are looking for something that is more of a satin finish (looks closer to bluing than any other color), I'd go with midnight blue. I do like those mcwoody stocks too..
Originally Posted by tm7554

[Linked Image]

I'm not Orion, but it looks like the pre-64 Monte Carlo pattern, I've got one in the Woody swirl pattern but it's not cerakoted.
Originally Posted by CFVA
Originally Posted by tm7554

[Linked Image]

I'm not Orion, but it looks like the pre-64 Monte Carlo pattern, I've got one in the Woody swirl pattern but it's not cerakoted.

Yes, it is a Pre-64 Monte Carlo pattern. This was my attempt at a "faux" Left Hand Pre-64 .300H&H. Besides the Pre-64 pattern stock, it also has factory original pre-64 sight set (18 line front ramp+hood, Lyman 16A folding rear). I eventually bought/traded my way into an LH Echols Legend which replaced this stock. The McWoody looked nicer, but, the ergos of the Legend fit me better.
Cool LH rifle Orion.. I like your rendition on a left hand pre 64..
© 24hourcampfire