Home
Posted By: Seven_Heaven Kimber Hunter Magazine - 12/22/16
I've got a Kimber Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor with magazine issues.

With 3 rounds in the mag the top round does not want to rise up into the chamber. Seems to be too much pressure. Spread the feed lips slightly and it helped some. This happens with both factory A-max and hand loaded Nosler BTs.

Rounds 2 and 3 feed fine.

No one seems to have spare mags, including Kimber, so I could.nt try a different mag.

Anyone else having this problem? Thought I'd ask here before calling Kimber.
Posted By: covejeepsxj Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 12/22/16
I have not had the issue.
I have a spare magazine that I will try to see if it functions correctly.

I do have the issue of not being able to push down the top round and close the bolt though.

I bought a spare mag from Euro Optic. They appear to be out of stock now though: http://www.eurooptic.com/1002294A-Kimber-Kimber-Sporting-Rifle-Accessorie-84M-Hunter-.aspx
Eurooptic was the only place I could find spare magazines as well.

All three of mine feed fine.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 12/22/16
Mine works great.

Looking to order 2 extras.
Posted By: Blacktail53 Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 12/22/16
Mine works fine.

To load a 4th round (chamber) I simply retract the bolt halfway and feed a round into the chamber....

You can buy spares through Kimber online.
Looks like I'm the only one with the problem?

I've played the Kimber lottery several times and won, (I have them in 257, 260, 7-08 and 25-06)but I may have finally lost this time.

Have also had accuracy issues that I'm pretty sure may be the scope. Will address that after the holidays.

I'll also renew my spare mag search as every source I tried was out of stock.

Thanks for the input so far.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 12/23/16
I would disassemble it if possible and check for a likely problem and then spray Rem Drylube inside and reassemble.
Is the action on these custom made for the DM (ala Remington) or the magazine made to work with the existing 84M action?
Posted By: djp Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/06/17
the barreled action of the Hunter is exactly the same as the Montana. I switched both and function was the same.
Originally Posted by djp
the barreled action of the Hunter is exactly the same as the Montana. I switched both and function was the same.

Thanks!
We have spare mags. I'll send you one next week. You send the bad one to me and I'll get a replacement for the bad mag. I'll include a return shipping label and have Kimber reimburse me.

Sound good?
Posted By: Billy_Goat Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/07/17
funny I found this thread.

I just got through loading up a bunch of 308's for my dads brand new Kimber Hunter. Once complete, I discovered that the magazine was considerably shorter than my Savage LWH mag.

So much so, that the loads that fit comfortably in my Savage LWH magazine have no chance at all of fitting in the Kimber Mag.

to make it "clear" the magazine cleanly, I have to load Pops cartridges 0.090" shorter than mine. No clue how far I am off the lands.

Range session to follow, once rings and scope arrive. Hope it shoots well.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/07/17
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We have spare mags. I'll send you one next week. You send the bad one to me and I'll get a replacement for the bad mag. I'll include a return shipping label and have Kimber reimburse me.

Sound good?

Now that is service! No wonder why people sing high praise for Whittaker's.
Posted By: taz4570 Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/07/17
Yep, SAS is a first class guy with equipment and advice!
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Sound good?

SAS, I just saw your post and thank you so much. I'll shoot you a PM.
Posted By: Lazrbeam Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/12/17
Outstanding service.
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Kimber Hunter Magazine - 01/13/17
Out of curiosity, what max OAL are people seeing for the short action hunter mags?
© 24hourcampfire