Home
What's the twist on a current production Tikka Stainless T3 Superlight .223 as sold by Sportsman's Warehouse? Thanks!
My dad's is 1-8"

P
Mine is an 8 twist
Just looked at one yesterday..yep. 8 twist!

Its a GOOD thing!

Probably the best factory utility rifle I can think of...
Originally Posted by ingwe
Just looked at one yesterday..yep. 8 twist!

Its a GOOD thing!

Probably the best factory utility rifle I can think of...

Have you had one AI'd, Exalted One? grin
No...I have three .223AIs...I think that is enough...though it would be a GREAT candidate!
What weight bullets are you guys shooting out of the 8 twist Tikkas?
50 Vmax
75 Amax
80 Amax

Had a handful of the 80's and threw together a hasty load with some Varget. Tiny little triangles. Knee deep in 75's and 335, but will return once it's burned up. Have to beg for bench time these days.
Originally Posted by STS45
What weight bullets are you guys shooting out of the 8 twist Tikkas?

I had a Tikka T3 lite in 8 twist and shot up to 68 grain match out of it. No 75s....didnt try them.

It perked with everything I put in it.
69 SMK's sucked hind tit, even by Tikka standards.
77gr SMK's and 77gr TMK's for the most part. It averages around 1 MOA for ten(10) rounds with quite a few factory loaded combos. Blackhills Mk262 77gr, Hornady 75gr Match, Federal Fusion 62gr, Speer Gold Dot 62 and 64gr, etc.

Zero confirmation a week ago. Less than an inch for ten rounds with a 6x scope and bipod.

[Linked Image]

Tikkas almost always shoot very well- the 223 8" twist guns are just stupidly wicked precise.
Load development for the thing was a CHORE....
Have one that I bought from Mackay Sagebrush that has been very accurate with bullets it likes. He said the Sierra 52 grain HPBT made groups so small he would not post them because people would call him a liar.

Loads I have tried so far are all with a Federal case, 26.0/748 and a CCI SR-BR primer:

64 grain Nosler: 2940/.5 moa

60 grain Nosler Petition: 2985/ 2.0 moa

63 grain Sierra SMP: 2870/.5 moa

64 grain Winchester PP: 2916/2.0 moa

65 grain Sierra BTSP: not chronoed yet/.5 moa
© 24hourcampfire