Home
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

Any one happy for this offering?

I'd be happy if they brought back the unlimited and/or the limited Classics.............in chamberings I can use........

Casey
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I'd be happy if they brought back the unlimited and/or the limited Classics.............in chamberings I can use........

Casey

Me too and with 22" barrels.
For their sake, I hope the limited run is about two-dozen rifles. smile
I like the CDL SF's except for that "gold tooth on a brutha" bottom metal.
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

Casey

Me too and with 22" barrels.

ESPECIALLY with 22" bbls.........
Originally Posted by barm
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

Typical Big Green.
and bring back the wood stocked mountain rifle also....problem is they want 800-900 dollars for these models know and most people wont spend that for a rifle they use a few weeks out of the year
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

No.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I like the CDL SF's except for that "gold tooth on a brutha" bottom metal.

Thruth ^^^. That said, it can be swapped out.
Asinine
Maybe they felt they had to offer something but didn't really want to have many/any orders.
Regardless of the platform, I don't have a use for a 300 Roy, so I won't be a buyer.

Does anyone have a list of the limited run 700 CDL-SFs by year and cartridge?

I like the 700 CDL-SF, but the three that I have in 243, 257 Roberts, and 260 were much improved after being bedded in McM Hunter style stocks.
I'm not going to be buying a 300 Wby but I bet they sell pretty good.
Handled a 7mm CDL last week when I went hunting , it was chambered in 7mag. I called a few local high volume Remington dealers and they have stopped stocking them. Plain CDL's and SF's , the only thing they keep in stock are SPS.

Casey

+1
Originally Posted by SKane

I can't fathom their choice. If you wanted a Weatherby cartridge, wouldn't you buy a Weatherby? Aren't they proud of their Ultra Mag? How about something interesting? A 222 Remington, or a 250 Savage, how about a 35 Remington, or a 6.5x55? I digress. I guess I am too much of a rifle looney for them.
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
I'm not going to be buying a 300 Wby but I bet they sell pretty good.

You are probably right. The bean counters will win again and the customers like us have no choice.

I can't fathom their choice. If you wanted a Weatherby cartridge, wouldn't you buy a Weatherby? Aren't they proud of their Ultra Mag? How about something interesting? A 222 Remington, or a 250 Savage, how about a 35 Remington, or a 6.5x55? I digress. I guess I am too much of a rifle looney for them.

Remington is the king of discontinuing cartridges. No one can touch them in that department. The 300 Ultragag is priced right with Weatherby ammunition if you can even find it most places.
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

No, not even close.
Well, I gotta admit I don't have a 300 bee. It gets repetitive if it were a 06, 270, or a 7mm RM.
They did a 35 Remington several years ago. I almost bought one a few times.
Sometimes I think you could market firearms very successfully by just watching what Remington does, then do the exact opposite.
Originally Posted by kingston

When? I never saw it. Was it something through Grice?
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Sometimes I think you could market firearms very successfully by just watching what Remington does, then do the exact opposite.

True.
I bet it sells pretty good. The 300 Wby is a fairly popular round. Just not so much here on the CF, where Weatherby hate seems to run rampant.

Who did a 35 Remington several years ago and what did they do it in?
So back-to-back Weatherby cartridges on these? This is for all practical purposes a press release that admits that they are out of ideas.

Maybe next year's will be a commemorative .22-250 EtronX
Would I buy one? No because I have one in a Mark V rifle. I don't have a problem with Remington chambering the 300 Roy. Maybe the 257 Roy would be a better choice.
Originally Posted by livefastjohnny

Ha!
I really think Remington just wants to go out of business. The level of stupidity that comes from that company blows my mind.

When? I never saw it. Was it something through Grice?

I'm outta my mind. It was a Whelen.
I bought a brand new 700 cdl sf in 257 Weatherby( not a limited)in April. Shot factory 115 Ballistic tips. It shot a half inch group! Hunted with it last month. Killed a nice doe about 170#s at 60 yds. Dead instantly. Had a guy reload for it. It now shoots 1/4 inch groups at 80 yds! I absolutely love that rifle and the 257 Weatherby cartridge. And I consider myself a Winchester guy!Wish I knew how to post pics. 300 Weatherby too much gun for where I hunt.
The 300 may not be of use to a lot of people but gives those who don't like a Mark V or vanguard another option. Economically for remington it may not be the best choice but I see no issue, then again I like weatherby rounds.
P.S. If it was a 240 wby I probably would crack and buy one.
I hope the twist rate is not the same as the classic they put out a few years ago. I believe it was 1-12"
Hopefully they went 1-10" this time around
Originally Posted by Dogslife57

THAT would be sweet.
At least they are offering something inexpensive to shoot....

A 350 mag would be the t!t....

W
Originally Posted by livefastjohnny
So back-to-back Weatherby cartridges on these? This is for all practical purposes a press release that admits that they are out of ideas.

It wouldn't shock me crazy

Actually, I would but one of those.
Barrels can be cut off... It is difficult to add on.. I have a couple short barreled rifles, but they see very little use.. I don't hunt much brush country, and rarely sit in a tree stand..

I would be pleased with the .300, but already have one.
Weatherby tends to have a little bit too much freebore. They are accurate but a remington version should be the bomb. You just have to watch for pressure signs.
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

Absolutely makes you wonder what Remington management is or not thinking!!! Every year Remington marketing people show us they have no idea was the American gun market wants.

A 6.5 Creed would have us sleepless in anticipation.

Doc
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Weatherby tends to have a little bit too much freebore. They are accurate but a remington version should be the bomb. You just have to watch for pressure signs.

Remington will stick to SAAMI specs and will have the same freebore. I have yet to see a 300 weatherby coming out of a Mark V that was not extremely accurate.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

Absolutely makes you wonder what Remington management is or not thinking!!! Every year Remington marketing people show us they have no idea was the American gun market wants.

Doc

Remington is run by bean counters not hunters,target shooters or sportsmen.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
300 Weatherby. Sigh.

Doc

They'll give in to finally chambering for the Creed in another year or two when they're a day late and many dollars short.

I would love to see a 270 Roy from Remington. Good luck with that... laugh
I don't see it selling many rifles, but I don't see anything wrong with chambering the 300 Bee. At some point, there is nothing left to do, so they might as well chamber in famous rounds that bring nostalgia.

If Remington wants to sell more rifles, they have to get on the Creed bandwagon while it's still hot.
I'm not sure I understand the disappointment. Why pet chambering were you all hoping for?
I own a CDL SF in 260 Remington and it is a sweet shooter. The stock on them is a bit cheesy I changed it to Mcm Game scout. Been waiting for them to come out with one in 25-06.

Better offer a muzzle break on it in 300 wby recoil will be pretty stout. My 300 wby was an Accumark muzzle diameter of .720 without break recoil was manageable with the accumark and the B&C stock.

I was shocked when they offered it in 35 Whelan to me the firearm seems a bit like an ultralight with anything 30 caliber and above.

Have to wait another year to see if they come out with 25-06. Or just go custom. By the time you consider the rifle and a replacement stock you're getting there anyway.

Good luck and shoot straight all

Bob
A 300 Roy in a Remington is going to be one accurate rifle. It will not have the freebore that limits inherent accuracy in weatherby rifles. It will be a dog that can hunt.
The 6.5 Creedmoor would sell as fast as they could make them.
Originally Posted by kaboku68
A 300 Roy in a Remington is going to be one accurate rifle. It will not have the freebore that limits inherent accuracy in weatherby rifles. It will be a dog that can hunt.

Saami specs call for a freebore in that cartridge, WHen I find a WBy Mark V 300 that does not shoot I will let you know.

grin
© 24hourcampfire