Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Happy.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Throwing some loads together now
H4831sc and some 130 gr partitions and some Hornady interlocks
Posted By: Muffin Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Is this another 270 thread?????
Posted By: FLNative Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Gay? That thing is flaming, and H4831SC and 130 Hdy IL's are just flipping joyous fantastic together. Kisses and hugs abound when they hold hands in gay rifles.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Nice. I've always liked the look of striped maple stocks.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Gay - 01/17/17
That's purty.
Posted By: Sheister Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Gorgeous stock. Had a Pre 64 Model 70 243 FW in a stock very much like that and let it go to pay for my daughter's wedding. The only rifle I ever owned that I thought was too pretty to take afield so it had to go.

Looking forward to see how it shoots. My favorite load in my 270 is H4831SC, 130 PT's or Hornadies. I'll be trying the ballistic tip hunting this year just to check them out.

Bob
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Throwing some loads together now
H4831sc and some 130 gr partitions and some Hornady interlocks
A match made in heaven.
Posted By: viking Re: Gay - 01/17/17
GAaaaay. Lol. No that is really nice.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by muffin

Duh, with a name like muffin you'd think you'd be the first to post a picture... laugh
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Gay

If that's what it takes to get the wood you want...who am I to judge.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Sharp, they have a .300 like that down town.. Love beautiful wood..
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Gay - 01/17/17
That rifle belongs in a glass case above your big screen T.V. so you can stare at your M-70 work of art during commercials.

Doc
Posted By: Muffin Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by muffin

Duh, with a name like muffin you'd think you'd be the first to post a picture... laugh

AHHhhhh! She was a lovely creature that gave me that moniker, firm thighs, supple, pouting breasts, brunette. Called me Muffin one day in front of the work crowd and as was their habit, the nick stuck....

Often we do not get to choose the handle.........
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Gay - 01/17/17
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
That rifle belongs in a glass case above your big screen T.V. so you can stare at your M-70 work of art during commercials.

Doc

Great wood was hunting entertainment before cell phones.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Gay - 01/18/17
270 don't make it gay, regardless of what the 'Fire says. Being a Winchester Model 70 does make it gay though..
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Don't care I like it!
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Reassignment therapy: See MD's RL26 plus 150 gr ejaculate thread.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Thats a gorgeous rifle. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Got yur thong on?
Posted By: GeoW Re: Gay - 01/18/17
If you can't be with the wood you love, love the wood you're with!

😆😀😝
Posted By: tzone Re: Gay - 01/18/17
liberace himself would hunt with that rifle.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Gorgeous rifle, I'd hunt the gay schit out of it.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Paint it
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Yawn...

59.5 gr H4831sc 130 gr Hornady
[Linked Image]

59.5 gr H4831sc 130 gr Partition

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Gay - 01/18/17
So it shoots.....

Now paint it
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by tedthorn
So it shoots.....

Now paint it

"paint it" you like wimmin in mumu's, too? smile
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Yawn...

59.5 gr H4831sc 130 gr Hornady
[Linked Image]

59.5 gr H4831sc 130 gr Partition

[Linked Image]
Looks like you can use that load interchangeably.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Shoots great with a classic load, and looks flashy. Great buy.

If that looks gets old, a light stain and satin finish would make it a whole new rifle.
Posted By: hanco Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Nice
Posted By: Sheister Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Love that load. Almost exactly my load in my 270. Deer really hate it! smile

Bob
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Sooo Gay.....it don't want to go in the diamond thingy. smile

Nice shooting and good looking rifle.
Posted By: Capt_Craig Re: Gay - 01/18/17
So are you tired of it yet and ready to sell?? 😉

Nice rifle and a shooter too, saw on a shot show thread they also have a featherweight with a similar maple stock. Not sure how great they will be for production wood, but the shot show example was similar to yours. Nice buy there

Craig
Posted By: Cigar Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Originally Posted by 222Rem

If that looks gets old, a light stain and satin finish would make it a whole new rifle.

Would that darken it ? Pictures if you have any...
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Gay - 01/18/17
Yes. Extremely!

Originally Posted by Cigar

No photos, but many (most?) of the traditional Penn/Kentuck Long Rifles use maple stocks, and are stained to varying degrees of darker.
Posted By: Cigar Re: Gay - 01/18/17

No photos, but many (most?) of the traditional Penn/Kentuck Long Rifles use maple stocks, and are stained to varying degrees of darker.

Wow...
Wow what?

How many flintlocks have you seen the same shade as this M70?

Posted By: Cigar Re: Gay - 01/19/17
I do love the way the flintlocks look.. Man that would be beautiful in a bolt gun... Not a big fan of that bright of a gun stock...

My buddy is real big into rocklocks.. He go's to Winchester Va for the NSSA shoot each year.. I have been once and saw some drop dead gorgeous guns there.. Life has stopped me every other year..
The "WOW" comment was just a quick one.. Sorry..
Posted By: littlecmonkey Re: Gay - 01/19/17
I have a Sako Super Deluxe with a similar stock, but it's also engraved with the oak leaves that a Super Deluxe sports.

When I take it to the deer camp once every ten years to hunt it, my nearest neighbor up there asks if I brought another gun as well. I ask why and he responds because one needs another gun to protect that one.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/19/17
Wondering if brass that is fire formed and neck sized will tighten things up even more
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Gay - 01/19/17
I do love the way the flintlocks look.. Man that would be beautiful in a bolt gun... Not a big fan of that bright of a gun stock...

My buddy is real big into rocklocks.. He go's to Winchester Va for the NSSA shoot each year.. I have been once and saw some drop dead gorgeous guns there.. Life has stopped me every other year..
The "WOW" comment was just a quick one.. Sorry..

Thanks for the clarification. I read it differently last night. No worries. smile

I love the look of flintlocks too, and appreciate the way curly maple can be dialed to the builder's tastes depending on how its finished.

I have a buddy that builds nice flintlocks, with the stocks from scratch, so I know the hours involved. Definitely a labor of love...........and why I remain at the "appreciation stage." Too many irons in the fire.

Posted By: EdM Re: Gay - 01/19/17
Wondering if brass that is fire formed and neck sized will tighten things up even more

I am thinking it is good to go on the little spot behind the hogs ear.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Gay - 01/19/17
Try it. wink
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Gay - 01/19/17

Not to piss on your campfire, but I'd be more concerned with what happens if the stock moves on you a little and kills your sweet spot.

I have a GAY M77 MkII that shot as well as yours with cheap Rem Greenbox 130s, and in the "3s" with hand loads (130BTs and H4831). It was a crazy quick rifle to work up a load for, and I loved shooting it. A couple years later I got married, moved from a rental on a 20K acre ranch to a nice house in town, and bought a big gun safe. A couple years after that I take my rifle to the range to confirm my zero is where I left it, and all of a sudden I'm shooting 2" groups! Long story short, the walnut moved a LOT............he wood crackled as I backed out the action screws.

I bedded the action, floated the barrel, the old load was still crap, but no longer stringing. I worked up a new load that got things down to a consistent inch, but I've never approached those first groups with the factory settings. The barrel is capable, so I'm sure I could get much of that accuracy back if I stuck with it.

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/20/17
Stock is bedded I'm not worried about it moving
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Gay - 01/20/17
I've been wrestling with the idea of a new super grade. Those maple suckers are gorgeous. Especially when the curl is end to end like yours. This doesn't help with my latest infatuation.

Looks like a shooter too. Can you touch the lands before you have magazine interference? Just curious about the new Winnys.

Nice!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Gay - 01/20/17
Yes you can touch lands with out a problem
© 24hourcampfire