Home
I've been waiting since last fall to get this one to the range. Since we've had numerous threads on "pre-range" protocol, I elected to break the mold and forego all except one thing. I brought the trigger pull down from 4# to 2 3/4#.
I even used twice fired brass from another 300. I just posted the 200 yard 5 shot group as exemplary of everything the rifle did today - it was the last group. That is a 5" square piece of card stock I shoot and record the data as a permanent record. Center to center extreme is 1.25 inches.
Probably won't bed this one - I'll give it another session to see if it can be duplicated.

[Linked Image]
Nice!!
That looks like a good start😉
As long as it doesn't start shooting a tight group like that one with some fliers a lot farther off,I wouldn't fool with bedding it,but you would know more than me about that.

I would be very very pleased with 200 yard groups like that in such a great hunting platform.
Congrats! Looks great!
That'll work Joe!
Just when I think I'm done wanting one in 30-06 / 308.......damn you!
Nice- That's a winner!
2 Questions

Was that purchased new?"

How would you rate felt recoil?

I know of the wherabouts of 2 of them locally grin
I, too, have been working with a 8400 in .300 WM that I just "had to have." I'm getting groups like yours, only at 100 yards. 165 TTSX's over R22 look like they'll be my mountain goat load this October.

FC
Wow! Nothing to complain about there! Great load as well.
Very nice!
I was wondering about the recoil too!
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I've been waiting since last fall to get this one to the range. Since we've had numerous threads on "pre-range" protocol, I elected to break the mold and forego all except one thing. I brought the trigger pull down from 4# to 2 3/4#.
I even used twice fired brass from another 300. I just posted the 200 yard 5 shot group as exemplary of everything the rifle did today - it was the last group. That is a 5" square piece of card stock I shoot and record the data as a permanent record. Center to center extreme is 1.25 inches.
Probably won't bed this one - I'll give it another session to see if it can be duplicated.

[Linked Image]

When you sell it and you will. I know I've bought at least one other if not two from you. Dibs....Greg
Originally Posted by STS45
I was wondering about the recoil too!

Well its not a beginner's rifle but the lack of drop and an ample recoil pad make it tolerable. As pictured it weighs 7# 11 oz.. A firm grip at both ends helps to control recoil.
Thanks for that writeup. I had picked one up many years ago and really liked the way it balanced. I was waiting for more of them to hit the streets and see a review on them before buying one. A not so local dealer has 2 of them , one is NIB and the other comes with a box and appears to be almost new. He is talking mid 800's for the used one.

I cannot imagine a nicer ELk , Mule Deer rifle to tote around with.

Looks good Joe.

If you don't mind, what's that setup weigh (scoped as shown)?
The out of box weight is 6# 8oz. and the Talleys plus the VX-R makes it 7# 11oz..
Lighter than most factory guns unscoped!!!
© 24hourcampfire