Home
Hey guys!! I am getting ready to load for a 25wssm it's a Winchester model 70 Stealth II 26 inch heavy barrel. Is there any loaders out there that's found a good light weight varmint load
I've shot a couple thousand 75 grain Vmax at South Dakota pdogs ahead of 45 grains of H4895.
Thanks, there's not a lot of load data out there. Did you get some decent groups an speeds with that load
Originally Posted by Jeremy783
Thanks, there's not a lot of load data out there. Did you get some decent groups an speeds with that load

Accuracy has consistently been MOA or better with 1-10" ROT barrels and sub-MOA in a 1-14" ROT barrel.

Speed with that load, +/- 0.5 grains, runs between 3,500 and 3,650 fps in barrels between 21" and 26".

I use resized Federal 223/243 WSSM brass and have used a variety of primers, but have settled on CCI 200s.

For a few years there was a site dedicated to the three WSSMs and their necked up and necked down off-spring, www.wssmzone.com, but it has disappeared along with all of the good WSSM information found there in.
Thanks
You're welcome!

It doesn't appear as though there are many 25 WSSM fans out there, but I'm still doing my part.

I also have good loads for the 87, 90, 100, and 110 grain bullets. I don't have one for the 80 grain Barnes TTSX, but may get around to it later this summer.

Originally Posted by Jeremy783
Thanks, there's not a lot of load data out there.

Nosler has some:

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/25-winchester-super-short-magnum-wssm/
© 24hourcampfire