Home
Came across Tikka T3 blued in 222 rem with 1 in 8 twist with M14x1 threaded 20" barrel. My question is what the f is m14x1 threading? Would be all over this if it would fix my 1/2"x28 threaded cans.... someone shed some light on this, please T3 Tikka 222 rem 8 twist
Cant shed any light on the threaded muzzle, but if I didn't have a Superlight in .223 with the 8 twist I'd be all over this rifle at that price!
I presume it would be 14mm x 1mm thread. Metric.
FWIW 14mm is as close to 9/16" as to be interchangeable when wrenching on cars and motorcycles, thread pitch is another matter. Seems like it should be simple enough to turn and thread the barrel to fit your 1/2" suppressor if you really want that rifle.
Anyone know if an adapter is available? Currently have a 222 rem in a T3, but it's twisted 1 in 14....verses 1/8
Mistem,

I had spoken to a rep at Euro Optic about that rifle the other day. He thinks the 1 in 8" twist is a typo. He went and physically checked the gun in the ware house and said there was nothing on the barrel, box or paperwork to identify the twist rate. He thinks it's 1 in 14 and didn't think Tikka produced the 222 in any other twist. Maybe Beretta could confirm that info.
Originally Posted by m77
I presume it would be 14mm x 1mm thread. Metric.

Correct. Metric threads are not simply referred to as coarse or fine. they give the major diameter and the pitch measurement. M14X1 is a fine thread. The outside of the threads measures 14mm and the threads themselves are 1mm in lead (ridge-ridge).
I occasionally see M14X1.5 and M14X2 as well.
Originally Posted by MCT3
Mistem,

I had spoken to a rep at Euro Optic about that rifle the other day. He thinks the 1 in 8" twist is a typo. He went and physically checked the gun in the ware house and said there was nothing on the barrel, box or paperwork to identify the twist rate. He thinks it's 1 in 14 and didn't think Tikka produced the 222 in any other twist. Maybe Beretta could confirm that info.

I see Euro Optic has changed the listing.... they don't list the twist
Thanks for the explanation John. Learned something new today. smile

G
Wow you Americans really have to move to the 21 century and give up this UK imperial gibberish ! The metric system is SO much better and simpler.........
CNC Warrior has adapters to Us for like $29
© 24hourcampfire