Home
Posted By: jeeper PTG shipping - 08/14/17
I haven't ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge in a couple years. I don't remember it taking 3 weeks to ship an in stock item back then , but I have now been waiting 3 weeks for an order. I haven't communicated with them yet , will give them a few more days. I was just wondering if this is the norm for them nowadays.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: PTG shipping - 08/14/17
I ordered a few in stock floorplates a few months back and got a notice that they were not in stock. LOL. Took a while to get them.

Their computer system must suck very badly....or goodly....depending on how you look at it.

Posted By: Higginez Re: PTG shipping - 08/14/17
It's not just their computer system that sucks, it's their ENTIRE system.

Bunch of retards (no offense meant to JeffO) running that place.
Posted By: RickF Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
The fun part is when the package arrives, and you discover they sent you the wrong item.

So you return it, and they once again ship a different yet still incorrect item.

Good times... grin
Posted By: peeshooter Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
How this company is still in business is beyond me. Just stay away.
Posted By: bbassi Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
PTG CS just sucks.

It ain't just you
Posted By: TATELAW Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
Originally Posted by jeeper
I haven't ordered from Pacific Tool & Gauge in a couple years. I don't remember it taking 3 weeks to ship an in stock item back then , but I have now been waiting 3 weeks for an order. I haven't communicated with them yet , will give them a few more days. I was just wondering if this is the norm for them nowadays.

Don't bother communicating with them. It accomplishes nothing, and you'll just end up even more pissed off.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
Looking for 1 pc floor plate about a year ago. Showed as "In Stock" on PTG website. Ordered it. Waited a month. Called them. It was "out being made". Two months later (3 months total) my "In Stock" floor plate arrived...

I am still willing to consider PTG for items unique to their offerings. But, only for projects where I have absolutely NO timeline or timing expectation...
Posted By: JSH Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
I ordered a couple of 'In Stock' trigger guards a couple of years ago and they took about a month. The quality was nice but I was surprised at the delay for something they supposedly had on the shelf. it sounds like it hasn't changed much.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
For Oregon they are actually well above the curve.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
Originally Posted by peeshooter
How this company is still in business is beyond me. Just stay away.

Agreed.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
Last time I dealt with them was thru the Better Business Bureau.
Posted By: 16bore Re: PTG shipping - 08/15/17
I got lucky with them twice, which seems to be 2 times more than most.
Posted By: Legionnaire Re: PTG shipping - 08/18/17
Ditto 16bore. And one of the two times, I ordered the wrong part. I called, and they shipped the replacement before receiving my return; parts passed in the mail. That was a while ago, though.
Posted By: Elvis Re: PTG shipping - 08/19/17
I recently ordered a 7x64 reamer from them and it arrived here in Australia 7 days after I ordered it online. Can't complain about that.
Posted By: coleridge Re: PTG shipping - 08/22/17

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Ditto 16bore. And one of the two times, I ordered the wrong part. I called, and they shipped the replacement before receiving my return; parts passed in the mail. That was a while ago, though.

You must have started a trend & now they send the wrong item on purpose thinking everybody orders wrong...

Originally Posted by RickF
The fun part is when the package arrives, and you discover they sent you the wrong item.

So you return it, and they once again ship a different yet still incorrect item. Good times... grin

This happens WAY too often. Way more stories than I can type. PT&G makes some good stuff but they are 100% last ditch effort for anything I need.

However, if you absolutely need something they have, Midway, Grizzly & places like that are carrying some stuff PT&G makes. Otherwise call JGS or Manson for your specific needs...
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: PTG shipping - 08/22/17
Their Yelp and Google rating is low enough to scare me off. I would never deal with them based on that. Their Facebook rating needs adjustment to reflect reality.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: PTG shipping - 08/22/17
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Their Yelp and Google rating is low enough to scare me off. I would never deal with them based on that. Their Facebook rating needs adjustment to reflect reality.

Having witnessed businesses using Yelp, in particular, to do bad things to competitors it would be the last place I would look for a reference. Not saying PT&G do not deserve their ratings, just that Yelp is a bad joke.
Posted By: vabowhntr Re: PTG shipping - 08/23/17
Ordered a bolt head from them. Six months later I called. They said sorry, they would get right on it. 2 years later I still don't have it!
Posted By: 406_SBC Re: PTG shipping - 08/23/17
I've ordered various things from PT&G over the years, online and over the phone. I've never had a bad experience with them and wouldn't hesitate to call them for an item. Obviously this isn't everyone's experience, but I've no complaints with their products or CS.
Posted By: bigJ Re: PTG shipping - 08/24/17
After being screwed a handful of times, I have had enough and no longer order anything from those clowns. As others have suggested, they very much deserve to go tits up.
Posted By: Sevens Re: PTG shipping - 08/24/17
Ordered something from them once. Took forever to get the item, so much so I ordered from a different source. When the part finally arrived (I think maybe a month later), just sold it online versus trying to bother to return it.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: PTG shipping - 08/25/17
Originally Posted by jeeper

I like their products but they can be a disappointment to deal with directly. My 6.5 SAUM reamer had a7mm pilot on it. Talked to THREE PEOPLE there; never did get a new pilot. Finally made my own.
Posted By: Brad Re: PTG shipping - 08/25/17
I have ordered a LOT of bottom metal from them. Quality is hit and miss, but the last go around took 8 months to get resolved after nearly dozen phone calls. It took me a lot of trying to find a slaes person that actually cared.

They really do suck, but are about the only game in town for lightweight Model 70 Bottom Metal. If there were someone else at a similar or even slightly higher price point I'd be a buyer elsewhere. I'd be willing to pay 50% more than not having to deal with PT&G.
Posted By: johno Re: PTG shipping - 08/26/17
Bad experience here also, ordered a 5.7 MMJ ( Johnson) reamer to my drawing stated it has to be 28* shoulder angle not there stock 22* paid the price for a custom reamer ended up sending me the stock 22* nothing like I ordered. Being down under it took some time to get a refund as they said they could not do the reamer I wanted. I would not deal with them again, yes the prices are good but you guys have Manson, JGS etc so why go to PTG and be disappointed.

End of bitch session

Johno
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: PTG shipping - 08/26/17
I have ordered 4 or 5 Rem bottom metals. I usually order them about the same time as the McMillan so they are here in plenty of time. A couple of them took 6-8 weeks. It's a long wait but I really like their aluminum bottom metal for $90. Does anybody have another suggestions in the same general price range?
Posted By: outahere Re: PTG shipping - 08/26/17
All products I have purchased from PT&G have been top quality but their customer service has been uniformly poor. Having spent my life in manufacturing, I find it odd that PT&G management has done such a good job on the design and manufacturing end but completely fail to get their hands around customer service.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: PTG shipping - 08/26/17
Agree. In my case it was a crises; I had a barrel all set up in my lathe, I had paying work stacked up behind it that I needed to get to ASAP, and my brand-new reamer is nonfunctional because of a tiny little tube of metal on the end. All I needed was someone to walk out, grab a 6.5 pilot, and mail it to me. I literally could not get anyone to resolve my problem. I finally made my own pilot- what choice did I have?!- but that's some really exacting work; I was polishing half-tenth-thousandths off the [bleep] thing to get it perfect, it took a while and I was not a happy camper.

You'd think they'd have more empathy for a fellow machinist in a bind due to their error. Nope.
© 24hourcampfire