Home
Posted By: JerradPelzer Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
I had a guy drop off a Weatherby Mark V made in Japan stainless synthetic. Eddie Fosnaugh cerkoated it and put a Kampfeld muzzle brake on it that was turned down to match barrel contour. Looks great. Anyhow he wants me to sell it for him. What's a good starting point? I've not owned or been around many Weatherby's. Its a 7mmRemMag also. Thanks Jerrad
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
Not sure, but I'd cut the threads and put an eleven degree crown on it, or at least have a nice looking thread protector for it, muzzle brakes make my checkbook sit lower in my rear pocket. smile
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
2 strikes against it, Not a Weatherby cartridge or a factory brake. Maybe $700 if hes lucky
Posted By: Ringman Re: Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
Originally Posted by gunner500
Not sure, but I'd cut the threads and put an eleven degree crown on it, or at least have a nice looking thread protector for it, muzzle brakes make my checkbook sit lower in my rear pocket. smile

Interesting. I have to factor what it's going to cost me to add a brake into the cost of a rifle. I like seeing bullet impacts.
Posted By: ChipM Re: Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
Brake or no brake, if the stock is the black plastic and made in japan, are you sure its stainless and not the "Alaskan model" that was nickel plated. I would say between $600-$750 depending upon condition
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Weatherby?? - 08/21/17
Originally Posted by 338rcm
2 strikes against it, Not a Weatherby cartridge or a factory brake. Maybe $700 if hes lucky

Same.

P
Posted By: JerradPelzer Re: Weatherby?? - 09/08/17
So I did a little more looking online to try and find out more if it is an Alaskan model. From a couple things mentioned on internet if has H in serial number and black bottom metal. It does have both the H serial number and black bottom metal (no wasn't coated with rest of the rifle). He thought he paid a decent chunk for it when he bought it years back like $1000 possibly wholesale.

So if an Alaskan what kind of value? Thanks
© 24hourcampfire