Home
Posted By: mjbgalt how'd I do? - 08/22/17
Bought a Remington 700 adl in 7mag, blued, non j lock. Has a weaver 40/44 series scope, looks new.

$325 shipped. Going to do some handloading for it and see what it can do. Gunbroker can sometimes have good deals smile
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: how'd I do? - 08/22/17
Doing some looking online...looks like a 150 dollar to 200 dollar scope plus the rifle. That makes the deal better smile
Posted By: Jericho Re: how'd I do? - 08/22/17
Wood or synthetic stock?
Plain old synthetic
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: how'd I do? - 08/22/17
The owner of my LGS told me Friday that the market is very soft right now, so "motivated" sellers should be looking to cut deals.

I don't even like Remingtons and still think you did well. Enjoy.
Even with shipping and ffl its 340 total
So now to find a good load for fall smile
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: how'd I do? - 08/22/17
For out of state, I presume.
Yup
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: how'd I do? - 08/22/17
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Bought a Remington 700 adl in 7mag, blued, non j lock. Has a weaver 40/44 series scope, looks new.

$325 shipped. Going to do some handloading for it and see what it can do. Gunbroker can sometimes have good deals smile

Nice snag! I don't load for the 7mm Mag but there might be some good loads here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7999630/all/Good_7mm_Mag_loads
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: how'd I do? - 08/25/17
Got it today, looks nice and will shoot it tomorrow.
Posted By: jwall Re: how'd I do? - 08/25/17
mj -

A. 1 of the 2 MOST accurate rifles I've ever owned was a wood stocked ADL in 30-06.

B. I've had a SYN ADL 7 RM since I bought it new in 1995. I still have it. It shoots 139 HBSP
and 162 HBTSP equally well. I shot 154s a little but didn't concentrate on them.

I'm not crazy about the blind magazine but other than that mine has performed very well.
I've killed deer w/it out to +/- 325 yds. Until I got my Tikka T 3 Lite in 270, the ADL Syn 7 RM
was my lightest rifle.

I hope yours does as well as mine. You'll be happy.

God Luck

Jerry
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: how'd I do? - 08/25/17
Going to load it to 7mm08 levels for now but it's heavy enough to soak up recoil if I need the heavy stuff. Great trigger and a pretty nice rifle. Not often I find one in this shape and with a very nice scope. Usually have to replace the mounts and rings and etc...this one was all good to go with leupold bases and rings and trigger already adjusted. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a 1995 ish model like yours.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: how'd I do? - 08/25/17
I'd get a Limbsaver recoil pad for it.
Sounds like a good deal, I like those old 700's
Posted By: 16bore Re: how'd I do? - 08/26/17
120 TTSX are mild and essentially a 270 wrapped in a belt.

Interesting comment about rifles being soft right now. Have heard others saying the same and what's sitting in the classifieds right now speaks volumes. Lotsa good stuff, including my 7 RM!
Posted By: Oakster Re: how'd I do? - 08/27/17
I have an older 700 ADL in 7mm RM and it shoots really well. I hope you have the same results.
© 24hourcampfire