Home
Posted By: iddave T3X Superlites on sale tomorrow - 09/15/17

Just an FYI to my Campfire brethren...

Sportsmans Warehouse will have Stainless T3X Superlites with a Burris Fullfield II for $650 staring tomorrow according to a buddy that works there.

They usually run $750 without a scope that retails for $200-250ish fwtw. Pretty great deal on a solid, if homely rifle.

Dave
Damn great deal here! ...Cabelas just got done with a sale on their Superlites, they had them for $779 with no scope...These are outstanding hunting rifles, I own 3 Myself and wouldnt mind another one in .223 Rem.......Hb
So, are people seeing these in stores? Not seeing it advertised...
Yes. Stopped by local store today.

My buddy was $50 off on the price, as it was $699 for the rifle and scope. Still, flipping the scope for $200ish yields a T3X Superlite in your caliber of choice for $499. That's still a pretty fair deal and it resulted in a .270 sneaking into the safe.

Dave
Wish we had a SW around here. Good deals...
Stopped at our local store today. Not on sale.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Stopped at our local store today. Not on sale.

Tom, I was at our local SW yesterday (9/15) and they had the T3x Superlites on sale for $699 with the free Burris 3-9x scopes. Not sure why they don't today but maybe they ran out of the scopes or the rifles, since the fine print in the ad says limited to stock on hand.
Here's a link to the SW Sept Hunting sale flyer: SW Sept Hunt Sale Flyer
Day late and a dollar short.

Just as well....I can't even think of a rifle niche to fill.....
Originally Posted by ingwe
Day late and a dollar short. Just as well....I can't even think of a rifle niche to fill.....

You speak too soon my friend. I just returned within the hour from our local sports worehouse, and the Tikka T3x Superlite/free Burris deal is still on, and they have a very good selection of Superlites, including 223s!
I just called my local branch and they have the sale going on, and have 223 7-08 308 and 270 in stock. I have a novice friend looking to get into hunting and told him to go buy one.
Originally Posted by iddave

My buddy was $50 off on the price, as it was $699 for the rifle and scope. Still, flipping the scope for $200ish yields a T3X Superlite in your caliber of choice for $499. That's still a pretty fair deal and it resulted in a .270 sneaking into the safe.

Dave

I think you'd be hard pressed to get $150 for that scope.

P
I wish we had a SW here in OK.

Sako A7 Roughteck Big Game are on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for $698.00. Sale ends soon, maybe today.
That's a hell of a deal.... $400 off most places prices.
If I'd have seen this before I'd have a T3x 308 now
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Sako A7 Roughteck Big Game are on sale at Sportsmans Warehouse for $698.00. Sale ends soon, maybe today.

That is a great buy. I just jumped on their website and the sale must have ended. They do have the .300 Win Mag for $799, "Unavailable Online."
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by iddave

Dave

I think you'd be hard pressed to get $150 for that scope.

P

I think you might be right about not getting $200 for the scope. I'm pretty sure I can sell it for $130-150 though in only a day or two locally. Tis the season and all.

It should still pencil out to be a pretty fair deal for a T3X Superlite.

Dave
Yes. Stop by the local SW today.
Any of yall want to sell that Burris FFII, let me know...
How long does this sale last? Im thinkin about a run to the Roanoke store........Hb
Through Sunday I believe...though you might want to call and confirm.

Dave
Thanks Dave...ill call Roanoke and make sure first....Hb
I think it runs through the 24th. I believe they also have the scope alone on sale for $150.
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I wish I would have gotten a FFII with mine, but the store I went to said they didn't get the shipment of scopes like they were supposed to. They gave me a Burris E1 3-9x40 with ballistic plex instead. One of my buddies wants the scope since I have no use for it. He said he'd give me $185.00 for it... Not a bad deal on these Tikka T3x superlites, I had to buy one... Chambered in 7mm rem mag....
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I wish I would have gotten a FFII with mine, but the store I went to said they didn't get the shipment of scopes like they were supposed to. They gave me a Burris E1 3-9x40 with ballistic plex instead. One of my buddies wants the scope since I have no use for it. He said he'd give me $185.00 for it... Not a bad deal on these Tikka T3x superlites, I had to buy one... Chambered in 7mm rem mag....

If you want a great recipe with a 162 ELDX let me know.

P

P

Thanks buddy. I'll keep that in mind. I just loaded up some 162gr. btsp's to play around with. I'm hoping I have just as good of luck with this one as you have with your Tikka's!!! I was hoping they had a 7-08, but they were down to their last 3 yesterday (308 that another guy was buying when I got there, a 30-06 and the 7mm rem mag). I opted for the 7mm rem mag because I wanted another long range big game rifle for just in case...
Picked up an E1 ... Thanks.
Love my 70's a lot but the T3X 22-250 8 twist is pretty danged good. Wouldn't mind adding another to my inventory in the future.

P

Thanks buddy. I'll keep that in mind. I just loaded up some 162gr. btsp's to play around with. I'm hoping I have just as good of luck with this one as you have with your Tikka's!!! I was hoping they had a 7-08, but they were down to their last 3 yesterday (308 that another guy was buying when I got there, a 30-06 and the 7mm rem mag). I opted for the 7mm rem mag because I wanted another long range big game rifle for just in case...

I'm getting 2799 fps with a 150 ELDX out of 3 different -08s and half-minute groups. I'm really close to 3100 fps with 162s out of two 7mm Rem Mags, also great accuracy.

P
Originally Posted by beretzs
Love my 70's a lot but the T3X 22-250 8 twist is pretty danged good. Wouldn't mind adding another to my inventory in the future.

I love my model 70's as well, but there's a lot of beauty in these superlites....
I agree, I think the Superlites look great!.....Hb
Pharm what powder are you using in your Tikka 7 mag.
Originally Posted by byd

Reloader 26

P
Originally Posted by byd

Reloader 26

P

I'm going to try RL25 and RL26 in mine:

[Linked Image]

I'm hoping it's a tack driving SOB....
They didn't have a 7 Mag at the Kennewick, WA store or Mrs Walter wouldn't be talking to me now.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
They didn't have a 7 Mag at the Kennewick, WA store or Mrs Walter wouldn't be talking to me now.

LOL, that is my next buy as well.
Originally Posted by byd

Reloader 26

P

[Linked Image]

If below .6" consistently qualifies, I'm two for two. Try R26 first.

P
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Ha ha...
Originally Posted by byd

Reloader 26

P

[Linked Image]

If below .6" consistently qualifies, I'm two for two. Try R26 first.

P

Well, maybe the next time around. I've got new Hornady brass loaded up with RL25 right now... I really liked RL26 in my 270 w. Great stuff...
Hell, I already had a Tikka T3 Superlight.
I didn't have a Sako A7 Roughtech.
I do now.
Fuggin' Sportsman's....
Saw their ad that was linked in this thread and it says it is their Fall September hunting sale. When I went in to my local Sportsmanswarehouse they said the sale had ended September 17th. Do you guys know for sure if it is still going to thw 24th? I think I want to pick up a 300win mag.
Yes, it is for sure running through the 24th. Sounds like you ran in to one of Sportsman's 'special' employees.
Have ya'll considered that the sale dates may vary by location? Our sale here in AK ended several weeks ago. And welcome to the 'fire Giddu.
Thanks, I have considered that the sale may have ended earlier here but it doesn't seem like their ad was location specific and the only date I could find is September in general so I am hoping it is still going. I will look again on my way home today. Sorry for all my mispelled words, I have fat fingers when using my phone.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Yes, it is for sure running through the 24th. Sounds like you ran in to one of Sportsman's 'special' employees.

The Sportsman's guy here (Portland area) also told me the 17th. was the last day of the sale.
Originally Posted by Giddu
Saw their ad that was linked in this thread and it says it is their Fall September hunting sale. When I went in to my local Sportsmanswarehouse they said the sale had ended September 17th. Do you guys know for sure if it is still going to thw 24th? I think I want to pick up a 300win mag.

You can always check, but they are very limited to stock on hand...
Dang it, I am in Northern CA so maybe it is was the 17th here. They had the 300win mag in stock but I am not sure about the scope. Just located an email they sent me about their Fall sale, it says ends the 17th maybe I won't be going back to the store today.
Originally Posted by Giddu
Dang it, I am in Northern CA so maybe it is was the 17th here. They had the 300win mag in stock but I am not sure about the scope. Just located an email they sent me about their Fall sale, it says ends the 17th maybe I won't be going back to the store today.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. They are damn nice rifles. I've wanted one for years. They will have another sale, just keep an eye out..
Interesting. Didn't realize the dates varied by region.
I shot my 7mm rem mag today. Pretty sweet rifle. Worked up a load and it's not too shabby. About what I normally expect from my Winchester model 70's... I screwed up and weighed it too. My model 70 338wm weighs 6.4 oz's more... crazy.. Those damn rings I bought for this rifle are a TANK.... Never did like Warnes, but they seem to be highly sought after for these Tikka's...

Got my A7 Big Game last week at Sportsmans in Roseville Ca. Sale may be off but manager said
they had some left. Shot real good at the range Sunday. Best load was RL23, with 140gr Accubond
and Win cases and CCI250 primers. Had to Keep OAL to 3.300 to feed thru magazine. Used Talley
mounts on mine.
© 24hourcampfire