Home
Just wondering if anyone has used this bullet on some big game already this season? I shot my antelope with it, but it was close at only 100yrds. It was a straight on shot, bang flop kill with no meat ruined. But I’m more interested in it’s performance on some bigger critters.
404 yards one shot can’t say it didn’t ruin anything. 2900ish fps at the muzzle.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by fredIII
404 yards one shot can’t say it didn’t ruin anything. 2900ish fps at the muzzle.

[Linked Image]

Are you happy with the results? Or going to change bullets for next time?

So - what that a downward shot entering the neck, or an upward shot exiting the neck?
Bullet went in low brisket hit the heart stuck in off side leg. Elk died really quick not much to be upset about killing is a messy business.

No neck hit at all the heart just pumped blood through the whole cavity
You know damn well that you can't shoot no elk with no 270
Originally Posted by 16bore

Sorry my bad. Can’t convince my uncle he needs a magnum lol 😂
Killed a decent (very heavy body) muley buck today at 250ish.

He never took a step. Bullet exited with a fair amount of damage. Count me a fan with a sample of one.

Dave

Also note the op was smart enough to avoid the long range section with a 270 question.

Also note the op was smart enough to avoid the long range section with a 270 question.

They only go to 100 yards too. And recoil too much. And don't got no BC.
I was more concerned about how the bullet performed. Did it gernade or hold together nice, good penetration etc. Looks like it did that...
Elk looks pretty dead from my angle. Killing is messy.
I was a bit tired/chilly for many photos, but here is the exit on the buck I shot a couple of days ago with the 145 ELDx out of my .270 Montana...

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire