Home
Hi guys,

I've ordered up a Tikka T3x in .30-06 based largely on all the great reviews here. I have a 3x9x42 Cabela's Instinct Euro Scope that I wish to mount on it. Can any of you knowledgeable fellows offer some advice as to which mounts and bases you would use for this setup? I've read where Talley LW might not be as secure as the Optilock or Warne rings that make use of the pin and side grip. What about Burris? Thanks for any feedback.
I bought the Warne rings for mine. The only downfall with those are the weight. They are absurdly heavy.... I'd also like to hear others thoughts as well...
I’ve used the one piece DNZ mounts on several and have been very happy with them.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I bought the Warne rings for mine. The only downfall with those are the weight. They are absurdly heavy.... I'd also like to hear others thoughts as well...

The tikka I had in 300 wsm I ran the Talley lightweights never had any issues whatsoever. The guy I sold the rifle to kept the same setup.
I have optilocks on my T3x in 30-06, I really care they might weigh 3-4 ounces more then other mounts on a 6 lb 2 ounce rifle.
All the tikka rifles I have all have Talley's
Talley split rings and bases.
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
I’ve used the one piece DNZ mounts on several and have been very happy with them.

DNZ also makes a ring/base similar to the Lwt Talleys only a bit beefier. They aren't the prettiest set-up but work well and are lighter weight then the Warnes. I've got them on my SL 7MM-08 and have been happy with them, the lows are just right IMHO.
Originally Posted by 79S

The tikka I had in 300 wsm I ran the Talley lightweights never had any issues whatsoever. The guy I sold the rifle to kept the same setup.

Thanks buddy. What I really wanted was the modified ones 16bore used to sell........ I almost bought a set of the damn things back when I didn't even own a Tikka. Talley needs to get their act together and just mill theirs out like 16bore's dad did...
DNZ on five Tikkas
Warnes on all 3. Never considered any others
Originally Posted by KU_Geo

Bingo. I prefer DNZ lows on Tikkas... And just about everything else.
Think the Cabela's Euro Scope with 42 bell in DNZ lows will fit OK?
Personally I like the looks and function of the one piece Sako Optilock ringmounts. They work well and the plastic insert prevents any scope damage, plus grips it really well.
I used the factory rings that came with a T3 and they worked fine though most folks don't care for them. I recently bought a T3x which didn't come with rings and was torn between DNZ and Talley LW. Went with Talley in extra low and they seem just fine. I like the idea of the factory style rings clamping to the receiver but as others have said, Warnes are a bit chunky on an otherwise lightweight rifle and other options in that style seem limited.
DNZ low here too
Warnes for both of my Tikkas. No complaints.
DNZ lows.
Recknagel rail and Recknagel rings work well on my T3x in 7-08.
Pay attention to Shortactionsmoker, me thinks good things are coming.....
I have used Talley LWs on Tikkas ranging from .223 to .300 and .338 WM and have never had a single problem. These are not safe queen/range rifles either. I would rock the Talleys and not look back.
Originally Posted by 79S

Thanks buddy. What I really wanted was the modified ones 16bore used to sell........ I almost bought a set of the damn things back when I didn't even own a Tikka. Talley needs to get their act together and just mill theirs out like 16bore's dad did...

You are pretty skilled/handy with tools I bet you could come up with something, to mill them. Me on the other hand I just end up in the hospital lol.. there is reason why I’m in the Army..
I have Warne rings on all of mine.
I use DNZ on both my Tikkas and one Browning BLR
Nobody likes the Leupy dual dovetail and Burris Sig rings?
Silly there's not more options that utilize the dovetail. I'd like something horizontal split exactly like a Warne made Leupold PR(not W), call it a PRT. Not too hot for the Leupold Sako RM.
Originally Posted by elelbean
Think the Cabela's Euro Scope with 42 bell in DNZ lows will fit OK?

These are DNZ Hunt Masters (pretty sure they are lows) with a Zeiss HD5 2-10x42 mounted. I think they are the same height as the equivalent one piece DNZs. I had a 3-9x42 Conquest on there before installing the HD5, isn't the Cabela's 3-9x42 Euro a rebranded older style Conquest? If so I would bet that the lows would work for you.

[Linked Image]
I know why you have them turned that way, but they look peculiar.
Sorry the Optilock Ringmounts look so much better...never had an issue with a set either
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I know why you have them turned that way, but they look peculiar.

Because they look just like the one piece version with the center connector missing, so I put them in the same configuration. They're not directional, it worked fine.
I get it, and it gave you necessary room to move the scope
SWFA in 30mm Modified Talley Lows

[Linked Image]

Leupold M8 6x42 in 1" Modified Talley Mediums

[Linked Image]

Leupold M8 6x42 in 1" Modified Talley Lows

[Linked Image]
Decisions.....decisions. Looks like I can't find any DNZ lows where I'm at. I can find DNZ mediums and Talley Lows. Do you think DNZ mediums would cause any problems with a 3x9x42 Euro scope? Or, do you guys think I'm better off with Talley Lows?
© 24hourcampfire