Home
Posted By: kman PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/25/17
Can anyone comment on PRIV and/or Peterson brass in 300 win mag? I've been happy with Norma but am curious of your experiences with the other two types.

Thanks
I've got some PRVI 300 win mag brass it shot good as factory loads and as good or better in reloads. As far as I'm concerned it's good brass.
Posted By: LowerRiver Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/26/17
I really like the PPU brass I use. I use 22 hornet and 22-250. The 22 hornet is way better than any new production Winchester that’s out there. The 22-250 has only been neck sized but has four loads with zero issues so far.
I’m using prvi brass in 9.3x62. So far I’ve had no issues with it.
Posted By: bobmn Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/26/17
PPU brass is heavier than Rem or Win so it has less internal capacity. In 300 Win Mag I had to use a drop tube with vibration to get IMR 7828 (not short cut) into the case. Had to be aware of bulged case when bullet seating. In 22 Hornet 13.0 grains of Lilgun did not fit when seating 40 grain Nosler spire point seated to OAL to fit the Ruger magazine. The water capacity of various 22 Hornet cases was posted here on the Fire and PPU brass was noticeably less, confirming my experience.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/26/17
PRVI seems like really good brass to me.
Posted By: szihn Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/26/17
Prvi brass has been excellent in every caliber I have used. I wish they would make a 404 Jeffery and a 300 H&H.
Posted By: kman Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/26/17
Thanks is all.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: PRIV and Peterson brass - 10/27/17
Have used it in 22-250, 6.5x55, 7x57, and 8x57. Started using it when other brass was hard to find. Good price point and good consistent quality. Only problem was that primer pockets tend to be a little tight but I use a Hornady primer pocket reamer and have no problems.
© 24hourcampfire