Home
I just spoke with the guy who is doing the Talley's for us and he's starting a run this week!

We're going to start with 1" and 30mm lows. Cost will be $65 plus shipping. We'll get them on the website and I'll post the link here sometime Tuesday. The first batch will take a few days, so they won't ship the same day as the order like most of our other stuff.

I'm shooting for 50 each in this first run. We'll keep these in stock for future orders as well. I'll try to keep them on the front page of the website for a while too.

Don't worry about sending emails or PM's. You'll be able to order from the link and it's much easier for us that way. It eliminates confusion between screen names and real names.

Stay tuned....the links will be up in a couple days.
Thanks

HeavyBarrel
Tag
Tagg.
So what is the modification? The set sent by the Whittakers staff along with my Tikka T3x fit just fine.
By the way Darrik, any word on the M+ magazines?
Oh man great news will be watching to order a set of 1” lows!
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
So what is the modification? The set sent by the Whittakers staff along with my Tikka T3x fit just fine.

Assuming that they are the 16Bore mod, they are milled so that the ringmount hangs down below the dovetail top surface. A freckle lower, and a skosh better in the looks department. Other than that, you aren't missing anything with what you already have. It's purely cosmetic, but we know that "looks" can be an important factor for many rifle nuts. I'm not immune to that.

Jason
That's it. Using the drawing provided by 16bore's dad.

That's a cluster. I've really never received a good answer. From what I've been told, the Finn's didn't offer to export the same three round mag that ships with the gun. They are planning (soon) to import a five round version of the mag. Apparently, they didn't think anybody would want to same mag that ships with the gun. They took it upon themselves to assume everyone would want the extended, five round mag.

I'm still working on them...
Dovetailed to fit or flat to sit flush on the Tikka base?
tag. waiting for the link...
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

That's a cluster. I've really never received a good answer. From what I've been told, the Finn's didn't offer to export the same three round mag that ships with the gun. They are planning (soon) to import a five round version of the mag. Apparently, they didn't think anybody would want to same mag that ships with the gun. They took it upon themselves to assume everyone would want the extended, five round mag.

How many do we need to order to get them to do it?
Will the front screw be shortened as well?

P
What if I have several sets of Talley's on my Tikka's? Is there a way i can send them in, or trade them in?
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Will the front screw be shortened as well?

P

Yes.
Originally Posted by GeoW
Dovetailed to fit or flat to sit flush on the Tikka base?

Flush. Just like 16bore sold for a few years.
I'll be waiting for the link as well. I damn near bought some from 16bore, and I didn't even have a Tikka at the time... Glad to see these being produced again... Thanks SAS...
Awesome!
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

How many do we need to order to get them to do it?

Yes keep at it Darrik. I do not want a 5 round mag for this rifle setup.
Will these work with a 40mm scope?
Modified lows with 3.5-10x40 Leupolds seemed to be the most popular set up.
Modified lows on stainless T3 light with Leupold VX2 3x9x40 leaves approx 0.150" clearance under the object bell and approx 0.070" under the power selector ring.

Only have one Tikka. Already have the 16Bore modified lows. However, planning to purchase a 30mm set and another 1" set "just in case". smile
Good! I’ve got a 4.5-14x40 VX-3 waiting to be mounted.
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Assuming that they are the 16Bore mod, they are milled so that the ringmount hangs down below the dovetail top surface. A freckle lower, and a skosh better in the looks department. Other than that, you aren't missing anything with what you already have. It's purely cosmetic, but we know that "looks" can be an important factor for many rifle nuts. I'm not immune to that.

Jason

Ok so, if I understand it correctly, the modified bases will still only fit in the pre-located holes and not be attached via the rail. I'll call and ask Chris at Talley to be sure.

Well Chris and Gary have not heard of this so I presume there is someone doing this an an aftermarket modification for the Lightweight model. Ok. Free enterprise is a wonderful thing.
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Jason

Ok so, if I understand it correctly, the modified bases will still only fit in the pre-located holes and not be attached via the rail. I'll call and ask Chris at Talley to be sure.

Well Chris and Gary have not heard of this so I presume there is someone doing this an an aftermarket modification for the Lightweight model. Ok. Free enterprise is a wonderful thing.

They fit the same pre-located holes and arern't attached via the rail. These modifications are after market. A local gunsmith does them -- just as 16Bore's dad did in the past.
Here are the links as promised:

30mm Lows
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1711281442130

1" Lows
https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1711281442144
Are these a matte finish?
Yes, matte.
Tag.

Thanks for doing this Darrik
Thanks a bunch Darrik for doing this. Just ordered a set of each. Thanks again!!

Thanks! You gave me a little tease with pricing on Tikkas last night. I still bought it -- and the rings, too.
Order sent.

Thanks!
Darrik,

Thank you. One of each ordered...

Warren
Glad to see these back on the market.
Darrik, there you go, costing me money again....
Thanks!
Thanks Darrik!
So glad someone was able to do this on a scale to be feasible. Orders in, many thanks!
The first 20 or so shipped Friday! He should have the next batch done in a few days...
Tag.
Looks nice.
Fantastic! I thought I was SOL. Glad this is being done again!

Gotta get the Christmas list out....
The first 20 or so shipped Friday! He should have the next batch done in a few days...

Looking forward to them, I have 3 sets on the way.

P
Glad to see you take off with this idea. It's a good one. Hope if works out for you.

Now about those RAR modded mags... wink laugh
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Darrik,

Thank you. One of each ordered...

Warren

Both sets received today in good condition. EXCELLENT packaging. Thank you !
Will these work with an SWFA 3-9x42?
I just mounted a set with a 3-15 x 42 swfa so you should be fine
Back to the M+ mags, is there a minimum number of orders you'd need? Been really hoping to get one of these soon.

Thanks Darrik,

bludog
Received my set of 1" rings today. They look great - now I just need a rifle to put them on. grin

Thanks Darrik!

GK
What level of concern should a potential buyer have when it comes to these cracking, now that some material has been removed from the base?

I seem to recall some Talley's cracking on the base. And that was without removing material.

Thoughts?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9432202/all/Cracked_Talley_LW

A few more of these pop up when you Google "Cracked Talley Lightweights"
I’ve owned and used multiple sets that 16Bore’s dad made. None cracked.

I would follow this rule — 22.5 to 25lbs on the base screws, 18lbs on the ring screws. I’d also recommend following the instructions on the little white sheet of paper we send in the package.
We did over 200 sets without any problems. It's s flat surface to a flat surface. The round receivers and "round" bases leave a little room for variance and farmer tight leads to trouble. Use loktite on the threads or nail polish on the heads, proper torque values and you'll be good to go.
My three sets arrived yesterday, Merry Christmas!

P
SWFA in modified lows for those wondering.

[Linked Image]

Are these still available? I got "no product found" when I hit the link. Would definitely like to buy the 1" lows.
Try this:

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/47454

Thanks, just placed an order.
Tagged
We sold out of the 1” lows again, but more are on the way. Still have some 30mm lows.
I dont have the rifle yet. Pardon this question, but; could someone tell me if the rifle is already drilled and tapped for these rings?
Originally Posted by fourbore
I dont have the rifle yet. Pardon this question, but; could someone tell me if the rifle is already drilled and tapped for these rings?

Yes.

Make sure the short screw goes in the hole closest to the muzzle.

P
Originally Posted by fourbore

Actually, these are drilled by Talley to fit the tapped holes in the top of the rail which is part of the receiver of the Tikka. The rings/bases are purchased by Whittaker’s and they have an outside source do the milling of the base. The milling allows the base to set lower on the rail with a lip overhanging the rail just a smidge. Makes a very attractive set-up.
Got it, thanks.
We sold out of the 1” lows again, but more are on the way. Still have some 30mm lows.

I'm struggling to find the 30mm rings. Also, does the weekend discount work for them?

I’ve got a new set of 1” lows I’m not going to use if someone is looking.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I'm struggling to find the 30mm rings. Also, does the weekend discount work for them?

The discount works. Here’s the link:

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/47453
It still cracks me up how popular these things have gotten! I should have stocked up when I had the chance!
Thanks SAS. I'll get some ordered today.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

I'll take them if still available, PM me for payment and shipping details please.

I'm trying to get a set of 30mm's ordered but my MacBook and iMac are not playing well with your website. It won't let me use the discount code and when I tried to check out without using the code, it won't let me move to the next page. Can I call & place an order during business hours?
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

I've got a set too. PM me if interested.

I'm trying to get a set of 30mm's ordered but my MacBook and iMac are not playing well with your website. It won't let me use the discount code and when I tried to check out without using the code, it won't let me move to the next page. Can I call & place an order during business hours?

Yep. We’ll be in tomorrow.
I have standard Talley rings on about 7 Tikka rifles. Wish these had been available when I started picking them up.
Are these modified rings still available? I'd like to get some, hope I'm not too late to the party. .
© 24hourcampfire