Home
Posted By: 16bore Last FIREARM you would sell... - 01/15/18
Just a tag on the Rifle version, found the subject interesting. Between my 1896 Colt 45 and 1911 45 Acp (circa 1988), the 1911 wins. She still needs sights, checkering, and a little work in the guts, but my favorite by far. Fun with a 22LR top end too...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
1970’s era Remington BDL 25-06. Inherited from my grandfather.
Glock 19 Gen3. My first handgun that I ever put 15K rounds through. I know it seems strange to develop an attachment to a Glock, but there it is. Dead reliable and easy to shoot as well as conceal.
The 3 Featherweights I have...

223, 7 x 57, 6.5 x 55...
Ruger 10/22 Carbine, Dad gave it to me in 1987 when I finished the Hunter's Safety course. They will probably have to bury me with the damn thing.
Originally Posted by Seafire
The 3 Featherweights I have...

223, 7 x 57, 6.5 x 55...

I sold a FWT 6.5x55 some years ago. Dumb. 😢
The last rifle would be my old 1961 Model 70 Fwt .30-06, although I won't sell it--it will go to my daughter or one of my grandkids. The last shotgun is a well-used Parker Reproduction 20-gauge that was a gift from a dear friend many years ago. I have used it hunting birds in just about every state west of the Mississippi, and it will go to one of my younger brothers when I can't use it anymore. The last pistol, an S&W Model 66 that a game warden friend obtained for me back in the early 1970s, already belongs to my wife who keeps it somewhere close at hand every day.
Posted By: RGK Re: Last FIREARM you would sell... - 01/15/18
Originally Posted by mudhen
The last rifle would be my old 1961 Model 70 Fwt .30-06, although I won't sell it--it will go to my daughter or one of my grandkids. The last shotgun is a well-used Parker Reproduction 20-gauge that was a gift from a dear friend many years ago. I have used it hunting birds in just about every state west of the Mississippi, and it will go to one of my younger brothers when I can't use it anymore. The last pistol, an S&W Model 66 that a game warden friend obtained for me back in the early 1970s, already belongs to my wife who keeps it somewhere close at hand every day.

I could be very happy with just those three.
Bob
My old Remington .30-06 742 handed down from my Granddad. After over 40 years and still killin,' I retired it last year.
Will never sell my grandfathers pistol, stored in a sock in his tackle box when I was a kid.

[Linked Image]
If things really got that bad, I'd say it would have to be my Ruger Mark II w/ Tac-Sol threaded barrel. Would cover a lot of bases as my ONLY gun.......
[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Last FIREARM you would sell... - 01/15/18
My tweaked SS Win M70 375 H&H without question.
My Grandfathers deer rifle a 1959 Marlin model 336C in 30-30........Hb
win mod 70 308 1953 vintage was my dads.as far as handguns my 475 linebaugh built by dustin linebaugh it was my first custom gun
MY 1972 supergrade mod 70 in 270
Well of course there are those that I'd never sell. Then there are those that are designated for my kids. But one that I'd sell - last?????
Have 3 . Commerical FN 9.3x62 in a McMillan. 1950's FN Sako 300 H&H mag in a McMillan McWoodie and a Voere Shikar 30-06, Dads last deer rifle.
Not my best or true favorite but it’d still be the last to go. Weatherby Vanguard VGX (the deluxe one w/ fancy claro etc.) in 243. My dad bought it for me around 1983 from a guy he was happy to help get out of town and away from my sister with the $! I killed my first deer with it and another 3-4 more bucks back home in ND. Both of my sons have used it to kill the half dozen deer they’ve killed. It sits in an Axiom stock now so the LOP can be adjusted quickly depending on who is shooting. The last time I used I killed a very nice Axis buck in full velvet. Many a happy memory tied to that gun and it will be passed to my boys to hopefully be used by their kids.
My 1100 lightweight 20 gauge , my Dad gave me for
Christmas 1983. He gave one to both of my brothers also. Uncountable hunts , game and miles carried , across many states. Hardly a mark on it and I love it .
Trick question. I can’t sell a single one.
Posted By: RGK Re: Last FIREARM you would sell... - 01/16/18
As far as handguns go, this one. I won it while still on probation, shooting in my 1st PPC match with the LAPD pistol team. It was engraved with my badge and initials as a trophy. Carried it as a backup and off-duty gun for many years as a patrolman and narcotics detective. It was there for me and saved my butt in more than one OIS caper. I still carry it (or my Airweight) daily in retirement.
Bob

[Linked Image]
RGK - Salute to YOU !
Very Nice (price ) PRIZE & trophy.

I've given this subject a lot of thot. A fellow could look at it from survival food sit. and have a diff view point.

From a Big Game Hunting perspective could have a diff view point.

I'm pretty sure my LAST firearm to sell would be this: 6906 plus ALL of it's accoutrements.
The 40 SW was rather new when I got this one. I'd be just as happy w/the 40.

[Linked Image]

Jerry
Ruger MKII SS/Lam in 338 Win Mag that Dad bought be as a college graduation gift.
Ruger No.1 30-06 my Mom bought me. Browning Bar 300wsm my Grandmother bought me just before she died.
Easy one for me, my well worn Remington Model 11 20 gauge. I'm the third generation of my family to carry it in the field and my oldest boy is already claiming it at the clay range.
I'll never sell my Savage Fox double barrel shotgun in 16 gauge. It was my Grandpa's before being willed to me. This shotgun swings and points perfectly for me and I've downed much upland game with this fine old shotgun.

Sherwood
© 24hourcampfire