Home
Posted By: bmoney Remington 783 HBT (Ruger clone) - 01/21/18
Check this thing out, they didn't even try to not copy it. HOLY SMOKES.

[Linked Image]
best image hosting site free

[Linked Image]
best image hosting site free
Where did you see that. What caliber is it in?
Remington can't figure out what's going wrong internally , they shamelessly copy a succesfully ran companies ideas.
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
Where did you see that. What caliber is it in?

They posted it on Instagram this afternoon. 223, 308, 300BLK and of course 6.5 Kardashian.
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser
Remington can't figure out what's going wrong internally , they shamelessly copy a succesfully ran companies ideas.

I agree, at first I was kinda annoyed that they did that (I love my ranch) but then I just kinda felt bad for them. That is just so blatant. Reminds me of when Smith got sued because of the Sigma.
Oh and the colors are spot on, the Ruger in the pic is more green than the real thing. My ranch in real life is the same color as the Remmy in that pic.
Last, desperate, gasp?
"Big Green" is certainly a trend follower now, rather than a trend setter....
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser

You mean, like Ruger?
They both have accu triggers
Originally Posted by DollarShort
They both have accu triggers

Don't forget barrel nuts as well.
Originally Posted by bmoney
6.5 Kardashian.

lol.
I wish remington kept the Marlin x7 as their budget gun. Was a much better looking gun.
They can keep it.
Hopefully it is better than my Ruger. I am tired of trying to make it accurate, extract, and eject.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Last, desperate, gasp?

My thoughts exactly. Sad.
Making fun of Rem for copying Ruger is a classic.

I guess maybe it is sad, considering that Ruger has copied more stuff than Xerox.
True. Mini14, american, mk11, number one, 77, etc are all copies or at least partial clones
I'd buy one if they eliminated the retarded magazine and corduroy ribbed bolt that the Ruger has.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Making fun of Rem for copying Ruger is a classic.

I guess maybe it is sad, considering that Ruger has copied more stuff than Xerox.

I'm not really making fun of them, just pointing out how blatant it is. If I was gonna make fun of Remington I would post a pic of one of their handguns. Hell, I kinda like that little 783, could use an 18" barrel chambered in 243.
I just want mine (Ruger) to go bang every time. It’s a 300 bo. Headspace is long, I think.
The Remington bolt handle looks more useful.
Yeah, when it falls off you can club a deer with it.
Good example of "followship" instead of "leadership".
looks a little short. thats what she said
I just want mine (Ruger) to go bang every time. It’s a 300 bo. Headspace is long, I think.

Yep. That's why I got rid of mine.
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by bmoney
6.5 Kardashian.

lol.

I know right! I will now only refer to as such. laugh
Here we go again with Yet another cheap ass budget gun, well crafted rifles you can take pride in owning are getting more and more scarce......They will sell these budget rifles for no other reason than so many shooters aren't interested in a quality rifle, they are only interested in finding cheapest possible rifle they can find, i'm sure Wally world will have plenty of room in their racks for these next to the Ruger Americans.....lol......Hb
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Here we go again with Yet another cheap ass budget gun, well crafted rifles you can take pride in owning are getting more and more scarce......They will sell these budget rifles for no other reason than so many shooters aren't interested in a quality rifle, they are only interested in finding cheapest possible rifle they can find, i'm sure Wally world will have plenty of room in their racks for these next to the Ruger Americans.....lol......Hb

I can kind of see that point. I got a little tired of the flimsy stocks on my Axis and American ranch. I decided when I got a 25-06 I would get something nicer. I got a Vanguard S2 and put a Vortex Diamondback on it. It barely shoots an inch with my handloads. I have put over 20 combinations of powder, bullets and OAL's through it. I think I am finally close to 3/4 MOA (maybe). I learned that my idea of quality is going out and shooting ragged holes in the .3's and .4's with 419 dollar rifles. Boyds stocks fixed my issue of flimsy stocks. Now I have solid rifles that shoot bug holes with a whopping 1 hour of load development. I am hoping the next round of OAL's in the 25-06 gets it where it should be but so far it has not impressed me in the least.
Do you guys think this will ever come to market ?
I wish remington kept the Marlin x7 as their budget gun. Was a much better looking gun.

+1

The Marlin was a good budget rifle.

Brother in Law had two like that before Ruger replaced it with another caliber.
Originally Posted by TnBigBore

+1

The Marlin was a good budget rifle.

They are still available from CDNN for a whopping $239.99 plus shipping.
I Headspace is long, I think.

There is a quick, cheap way to check for sure. Stop thinking, get it checked. Then you know......
© 24hourcampfire