Home
Posted By: ChrisAU Kimber 84M Trigger Adjustment - 01/22/18
I know a lot of people here have to of adjusted their trigger pull. Mine breaks right at 3.5 lbs, but was thinking about lightening it to help me on the bench. Frustrating when you know you pulled one trying to sight in a new scope when 3 shots will nearly melt the barrel ha.

So, anyone here only adjust the lower nut and leave it? I don't want any other change than the weight. Would like to get it around 2.5 lbs I think.
Adjustments to the bottom screw will take care of the trigger weight. I’d leave the top screw as is, over-travel, as well as the back screw, sear engagement.
Chris,I'm sure you know but do a good bump test as well as working the bolt and pulling trigger in safe mode after an adjustment just to make sure. I like to bump on the action with a rubber mallet,especially with wood stocked guns rather than bumping the stock.
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Adjustments to the bottom screw will take care of the trigger weight. I’d leave the top screw as is, over-travel, as well as the back screw, sear engagement.

This is dead on. Bottom front is all you’ll need to turn. Counter-clockwise.
Yeah, I only adjust the pull weight on them anymore, assuming they pass the drop and bolt slam tests.

I used to follow the “Remington protocol” and work backwards through all three screws. But the Kimbers don’t need that most of the time to operate safely and smoothly.
How worried should I be about removing the stock to adjust the trigger affecting zero? I can put it back at exactly the same torque it is now, just don't know if I'll have time for a range session before my next hunt.
Chris,if the bedding is good,and it goes back together right,it should be fine,but personally,I would always shoot to confirm before going hunting.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Chris,if the bedding is good,and it goes back together right,it should be fine,but personally,I would always shoot to confirm before going hunting.

This for sure
Can the Kimber trigger be adjusted below 3 lbs?
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Can the Kimber trigger be adjusted below 3 lbs?

Oh yeah. I set all mine to 1.5 lbs
Mine passes all the safety tests at 2 lbs. I didn't try any lower.
Hi,
On my 84L the lower set screw is loc-tited into a nut. My question, do I have to loosen the nut before turning the set screw? Also, what will remove the red stuff?
Thanks
Yes, loosen the nut then adjust the screw, then retighten the nut.. Keep the red thread locker on; it helps prevent the nut from loosening inadvertently.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Yes, loosen the nut then adjust the screw, then retighten the nut.. Keep the red thread locker on; it helps prevent the nut from loosening inadvertently.

This. If you can't move them independently, a little heat will losten/soften the red stuff/thread locker enough such that you can move the nut and then the screw and then re-tighten the nut. Don't remove the red stuff/thread locker.
I adjusted my Montana, and after breaking the red compound loose I didn't trust it to re-lock the set screw, so I replaced the red with blue Loctite. I used a needle to clean the screw threads.
anybody know the size of that nut off the top of their head?
thanks!
Originally Posted by kstockfo
anybody know the size of that nut off the top of their head?
thanks!

1/4”
© 24hourcampfire