Home
Posted By: whitearrow Tikka T3 vs T3x accuracy??? - 02/07/18
aight fellas I've got several Tikka T3's and like all of 'em but they are slowly fading away on the new market to be replaced with the updated T3x. I know the upgrades and differences between the T3 and T3x but has anybody seen any difference either bad or good with the T3x in the accuracy department vs the beloved T3? I'm in the market for a 7mm-08 and 7mm rem mag and want superlight stainless so I wanted to ask y'all the accuracy question before I make a 250 mile drive to the nearest sportsman's warehouse as I think that's the only place that carries the model I want.
I have never owned a T3, but I can tell you that the T3x’s shoot great in 223 Remington and 7mm-08. Both shot 3/4” groups right out of the box with the first load I tried.
I have a T3x in 243, and it shot amazing right out of the box. The first 3 loads I worked up for it grouped right around 1/2" at 100, and I didn't do any kind of break in period.
My first Tikka was a 695 20 yrs ago. I've had several T3's since, and now have a T3X. All of mine have been extremely accurate.
I like to use the warne one piece weaver/pic style rail along with burris signature zee rings for my mounting option. do the T3 and T3x have the same mounting hole pattern/spacing i.e. will the same T3 warne rail I use on my T3's work on a new T3x?
Originally Posted by whitearrow
I like to use the warne one piece weaver/pic style rail along with burris signature zee rings for my mounting option. do the T3 and T3x have the same mounting hole pattern/spacing i.e. will the same T3 warne rail I use on my T3's work on a new T3x?

Yes
I assume also the same thread pattern for the (4) base screw holes on the top of the action is the same as the T3???
Posted By: KenMi Re: Tikka T3 vs T3x accuracy??? - 02/07/18
Very little difference, and nothing that would affect accuracy.
I see no difference in accuracy b/t the T3 and T3x.
Originally Posted by devnull
I see no difference in accuracy b/t the T3 and T3x.

I see absolutely no difference in accuracy as well
no difference in accuracy, its superb. only differences are good ones. metal bolt shroud, enlarged ejection port, steel lug
Posted By: grovey Re: Tikka T3 vs T3x accuracy??? - 02/09/18
Any of you fellas floated the bbl or bedded and floated the bbl on the tikka t3/t3x lites?
I'd buy either one with complete confidence.

Okie John
Posted By: drover Re: Tikka T3 vs T3x accuracy??? - 02/09/18
Originally Posted by grovey
Any of you fellas floated the bbl or bedded and floated the bbl on the tikka t3/t3x lites?

The way they perform out of the box I have never seen the need for doing that. But with that said - there was a thread on here a while back where someone had done that and the accuracy degraded a bit. On the other hand I have a friend who did it to his and it did not seem to make any difference whatever in the accuracy.

So does it hurt or help - Maybe!!

drover
Originally Posted by magnum44270
no difference in accuracy, its superb. only differences are good ones. metal bolt shroud, enlarged ejection port, steel lug

I think the T3x also has a softer recoil pad than the T3.

I have floated two T3 Lites and accruacy didn't change, at least not noticeably. Floating the barrel was done primarily to keep POI from shifting while shooting from a bipod or sling.
Originally Posted by wareagle700

I have floated two T3 Lites and accruacy didn't change, at least not noticeably. Floating the barrel was done primarily to keep POI from shifting while shooting from a bipod or sling.

Good reason to float the bbl, if it was causing issues when shooting from a sling.
© 24hourcampfire