Home
Posted By: Bbear Pulled the trigger, so to say - 02/18/18
Some back story.

I grew up spending summers and winters in Idaho. One of my Uncles owned two rifles that I shot a couple of times as a kid - Newton Arms first model in 22 Newton and a Buffalo Newton 256 Newton. I read everything I could on them and always wanted one. My cousin has them now and if he ever feels the need to part with them...

Fast forward to yesterday. I'd spotted a 'package' listing on an auction and placed a bid. I got a call yesterday afternoon that I'd won. I will FINALLY have a Newton Arms first model 256 Newton! Double set triggers and all! The package includes another interesting rifle, a Savage Model 1920 in 300 Savage. This little jewel comes with a 24" barrel to boot!

The Newton has been D/T and has a Leupold M8-4x mounted. Can't WAIT to get my hands on it! I feel like a kid at Christmas!

The Newton is the top rifle in the pic. I'll post some more when I get it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tomk Re: Pulled the trigger, so to say - 02/18/18
Nice snag--both interesting rifles, but the Newton is a find.

Always interested in Newton history.
Holy crap! What an awesome pair. Those are a couple of my favorites as well. Classic rifles and I’d bet they still bring home the animals! Very cool.
Those are the two coolest rifles I've seen on this site in a long time. I would hunt the snot out of both of those. Especially that Savage.
Awesome. Great snag
© 24hourcampfire