Home
LRI has a coupon code that discounts the rifle bolt fluting from $65 + shipping to less than $25 with free return shipping.

Use the code "NEW HAAS" at checkout.

They have several styles of fluting to choose from.

Turnaround time is only a few days.

For push feed type actions only.

http://www.longriflesinc.com

This is a smoking cheap price if you ever wanted a bolt fluted

Ted
This was mentioned in the classifieds but posts get lost quick over there.
I have 3 Tikka bolts in transit back to me. They just received them yesterday mid-day.

They only need the bolt body, if you are adept to disassembly yourself.

The diamond pattern is higher in cost ($85), but comes to $32 with the code. That's the one I chose.
Thanks for the heads up. I’ve seen some fluting that I really like.
I’ll check it out.

Thnx again

Jerry
TAG
I had my Rem 700 bolt done last week and it looks excellent. LRI did and excellent job and I had it back to me within a week.
I've never shipped a bolt before, assume it has to come back to my FFL?
Why would you assume that?
Tag
Originally Posted by cast10K
I've never shipped a bolt before, assume it has to come back to my FFL?

Only the steel with the serial number must go to an FFL. Additionally, since you already own the firearm, it [complete rifle] can come back to you without an FFL.
How long you suppose this deal will last?
I have a rifle at the smiths right now I’d like to have done but won’t see it for two weeks.
I've done several with them. They started this last year. Kinda old news.

Fast turn around time.

Buy the service now and send your bolt when you get it back.
Wish they would do it with barrel fluting!!!!
They do barrels too
Originally Posted by Lungpuncher1
I've done several with them. They started this last year. Kinda old news.

Fast turn around time.

Buy the service now and send your bolt when you get it back.

That’s an idea.
I’d really like that wrought iron look.
Ok, I done it.
I just got an email confirmation.
Is that my receipt?
Double TAG
Originally Posted by Tom264
Ok, I done it.
I just got an email confirmation.
Is that my receipt?

Yes and your order number
Ok. Thx.
Thanks for posting. I think it's time to trick out a rifle!
These were in the mailbox today. Even with the USPS holiday on Monday, they were still back in 7 days from when I sent them.
[Linked Image]
Made the order for one in wrought iron. Thanks for the heads up!
KenMI,

Is that their diamond pattern?

Does anyone have photos of any of their fluting patterns? I’m not sure which one to choose. Thanks.
Tag
Any pics of their wrought iron bolts?
ive tried to order all week i put in the code and it says Your cart does not meet the requirements for the NEW HAAS discount code

any ideas
Did you start it off this page?

Here.
Yes, those 3 Tikkas I had done are the diamond pattern. I guess that is the same as the pattern B cut, except it in a diamond pattern

Here is the wrought iron.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 300stw
ive tried to order all week i put in the code and it says Your cart does not meet the requirements for the NEW HAAS discount code

any ideas

The code is only good for bolt fluting, so it won't work on other products and services they offer. You can still order other things on the same order, but you have to have bolt fluting in the cart for the code to work, and that is the only thing that will be discounted.

Other than that, not sure why it would say that.
Originally Posted by KenMi
Yes, those 3 Tikkas I had done are the diamond pattern. I guess that is the same as the pattern B cut, except it in a diamond pattern

Here is the wrought iron.

[Linked Image]

Looks good!!
Yeah. That wrought iron looks good.
I really like the look of that wrought iron bolt. All of my bolts are CRF though...
Here is my Remington 700 SA bolt done in wrought iron.

Remington 700 SA - Wrought Iron Fluting
Thank you for posting this up. For that price, I decided to treat myself to fluting the bolt on my rifle.
Seems like a solid deal and something I absolutely didn't need in the least. So of course, had to do it. I sent one in late last week and am looking forward to getting it back.
Looks like they removed the free return shipping, but the code still works
Would you guys quit! I sent two bolts off. It really is attractive! I now need to use restraint to keep from sending more.

I also picked up some magazines this week. I may need to pay a few bills this month.

I appreciate the tips for specials.
I had one done in a high helix flute, about 7 days total time from when I mailed it. Looks great!
I couldn't resist, either. Got my bolt back the other day. Went for the wrought iron look. If anyone is wondering, my Rem 700 SA bolt lost 12 grams, less than half an ounce, after the fluting. I was always curious how much weight fluting might take off. Now I know. At least it looks kinda cool and was cheap...
Is disassembly of the bolt necessary, prior to shipping to LRI for fluting? This is a T3X.
They will do it, but if you know how, it saves shipping the parts they don't need. Plus, when you get it back you can clean, lube, or assemble however you want, to ensure there are no leftover particles in your bolt.
© 24hourcampfire