Home
Posted By: mooshoo 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/26/18
Being a long time lurker on 24 hour I predict the future gay cartridge will be the 6.5 creed, I think the 270 should be released from the gay title! What say ye to that
I think neither are gay nor ever have been.

I personally think the .338 Win Mag should wear the title.
You are right on the money!

In my mind, a Tika rifle chambered for a creadmore cartridge screams teenage metrosexual "hunter".

The world has gone bat chitt crazy.

But hey, if that's what floats your boat..........
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
I think neither are gay nor ever have been.

I personally think the .338 Win Mag should wear the title.

I'm gay X 3 then I have all 3 chamberings
I have heard that the great Ingwe is having a love affair with a 6.8 remmy 700!
.270 creedmore...
Uber gay!
someone has a gay fixation...
Besides all this talk of 6.5 creed has increased the price's of cool 6.5 bullets, and besides I keep thinking of a little 270 win love myself, and yes the 338 mag is border line, if I"m going to get that much recoil I'd like it to be from a 375 H&H.
Posted By: jwall Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/26/18
Originally Posted by mooshoo
Being a long time lurker on 24 hour I predict the future gay cartridge will be the 6.5 creed, I think the 270 should be released from the gay title! What say ye to that

I also heard THIS:

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
... I'd avoid the Creedmoor unless you want to be like every other skinny jean wearing, Bin Laden bearded millennial.

whistle whistle grin grin laugh laugh -- ROTF

sorry blush I stole that from another thread here.

Jerry
I love it jwall! keep up the good work!
Posted By: jwall Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/26/18
mooshoo - A guy's gotta do all he can to help. L O L

Jerry
we need the grand ingwe to release the 270 from its gaydom to the creed, how about oh great one!
just picked up a Winchester model 70 classic in 6.5x55 swede, don't need creed of any kind, a classic always a classic, the creed will go down just like the wsm and saum! I will surly smoke turds in hell for this!
Posted By: Brad Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18
My experience in life leads me to the conclusion those worried about what’s “gay” are...
well this is all in fun!!! just wanted to stir the pot! and get the popcorn ready!

Lmao! Sounds good to Me.......Hb
Posted By: prm Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18
No, .270 just needs to own it.
Here's the problem. Father Time evaluated our myriad of calibers and made the following determination. Findings were based on the most advantageous designation, ie. caliber in inches or millimeters. If the numbers can be found on a clock it ain't gay.

4mm/.177 - 4 ain't gay. Dang near time to start swillin' good liquor.
5mm/.20 - Ditto
.221-.224 - not gay
.6mm/.243 - not gay
.257" - 42 times zones removed from gay
6.5mm/.264 - In all fairness, there sorta is a 6-1/2 o'clock so it gets a pass. Borderline....but not gay.
6.8mm/.277" - Well, hello there! You kinda stand out in a crowd. Is it painful?
7mm/.284 - It's Dinner Time! Not gay.
.308 - Manly stuff, not gay
.321" - nope
8mm - no way
.338" - Mountain men are jealous
.358" - negatory
.375" - Ho LI Flamer!
.405" - Whiskey on the house!
.416" - Don't let the rhino fall on ya
.430" - no
.458 - Elephants don't think it's gay at all
.510 - Boy, what is this "gay" you keep prattling about?
.570 - As a 3 dollar bill.....

Don't ask about pistol cartridges. I don't have much use for them.

Like ol' Quigly, the Barbarian don't have much use for them.....

he didn't say he didn't know how to use them.
Posted By: Adams Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18

What he said. The creed is way more gay than the .270 which is best friends with the 30-06. But the friendship ends there.
If the 6.5 Creed is wrong, I don't wanna be right....
Tell that to Hornady....it's their number one selling centerfire cartridge. And by quite a stretch I'm told.

And no, I don't own one.
The long winter doldrums must be setting in. Some threads are trending into filling time and eating popcorn.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Here's the problem. Father Time evaluated our myriad of calibers and made the following determination. Findings were based on the most advantageous designation, ie. caliber in inches or millimeters. If the numbers can be found on a clock it ain't gay.

5mm/.20 - Ditto
.221-.224 - not gay
.6mm/.243 - not gay
6.5mm/.264 - In all fairness, there sorta is a 6-1/2 o'clock so it gets a pass. Borderline....but not gay.
.321" - nope
8mm - no way
.358" - negatory
.375" - Ho LI Flamer!
.430" - no

Hhmmm...conspicuously absent is the .366 / 9.3mm. Has it just been outed?
Hey! I don't see .338" on the ungay list either!

whistle
Originally Posted by RiverRider

5mm/.20 - Ditto
.221-.224 - not gay
.6mm/.243 - not gay
.321" - nope
8mm - no way
.358" - negatory
.375" - Ho LI Flamer!
.430" - no

Yer clock ever say it's 3:66 AM or PM?
RR, the old man got in touch, the oversight has been corrected. His memory ain't what it used to be...4 billion years ago...
Originally Posted by RiverRider

5mm/.20 - Ditto
.221-.224 - not gay
.6mm/.243 - not gay
.321" - nope
8mm - no way
.358" - negatory
.375" - Ho LI Flamer!
.430" - no

Yer clock ever say it's 3:66 AM or PM?

When I rafted the Rio Grande and jumped outa the raft having forgotten I had my watch on, it said many odd things. Not legit, I know...but I just don't want the 9.3 to be gay. Can't we say 9.3 is like 9:30? The beauty of it is we would not have to give the .270 / 6.8 a pass. See how that works?
The 300 mag toters are compensating, and saying the 6.5 Creedmoor is gay is just projection of their feelings of inadequacy. whistle
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18
It's a coin toss on which is funnier. You've got one group who think the creed is cool and don't really know why. Then you have the other tools who want to poke fun at th creed more while most of it goes over their 62 year old heads.
6.5 creedmoor could be the "Hipster" of the cartridge world.
Posted By: jwall Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18
Originally Posted by mathman
The 300 mag toters are compensating, and saying the 6.5 Creedmoor is gay is just projection of their feelings of inadequacy. whistle

The 300 mag SHOOTERS can shoot more than 49 grs of powder w/o crying to Mom. shocked
grin

Jerry
Originally Posted by jwall

The 300 mag SHOOTERS can shoot more than 49 grs of powder w/o crying to Mom. shocked
grin

Jerry

Yup. All while 48 grains could get the job done.
I shot magnums when I was young and dumb, but I grew up before my skull got numb. grin
I shot magnums when I was young and dumb, but I grew up before my skull got numb. grin

huh ? whadayasay ? can't HEAR ya ! ear drums GONE !! grin

Jerry
RR, after consideration the ol' man relents. He sez 9.3 would be the same as 9:18 and that is on the clock.
That guy throws a rifle like a pro.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Adams Re: 6.5 creedmoor is the new gay - 02/27/18
Their both gay.

The .270 is considered the back door bandit or bone smuggler.

The creed is the Carpet muncher or Pussy Puncher.

-sniff-

Was using belt feed before I ever shot a bolt action. You want a numb skull, park your butt about 6' from the muzzle of a minigun. laugh

Tend to under compensate in my later years.
All my live, having refused to use the word "gay" to describe a homosexual, I won't attach that sobriquet to either cartridge. The 270 has more than proven itself after almost 100 years. The 6.5 Creedmoor....the thing with it is that it does no more, and sometimes less, than a dozen cartridges that came before it. Some by well over 100 years.
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Then you have the other tools who want to poke fun at th creed more while most of it goes over their 62 year old heads.

Back in my day, we didn't need some ammunition company hyping the crap out of a new 6.5mm cartridge. We just reloaded our 6.5 swedes to a decent pressure in rebarreled "modern" WWII surplus Mauser 98s, and WE LIKED IT! It was good, clean fun ...

(We need an old fart emoticon)
you guy's are awesome! you did not let me down! and I think I belong to this crowd (We need an old fart emoticon)

I suppose an expert would know. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

grin
Originally Posted by sharps4590
The 270 has more than proven itself after almost 100 years. The 6.5 Creedmoor....the thing with it is that [/b]it does no more, and sometimes less[b], than a dozen cartridges that came before it. Some by well over 100 years.

cool smile

Jerry
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...gm.1097549097052902&type=3&ifg=1

PERFECT PIC FOR THIS THREAD!
Originally Posted by magshooter1

you are sooo right!!! love it!!
[Linked Image]
Let the record show that my first post in this thread was obviously (hopefully) all in good fun.

If your buying and enjoying firearms responsibly, for hunting, protection or just paper punching, I'm on your side, regardless of brand or cartridge.

Take a kid with you and teach them the right way.

Good shootin'.
Of course it's in fun. So are my responses, I like to cut up sometimes.
It's official now

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
beautiful group from a lovely 260 Remington way to go Camaran! I see no gay on that rifle grin
beautiful group from a lovely 260 Remington way to go Camaran! I see no gay on that rifle grin

Of course not, it's not a Creedmoor.
Originally Posted by Brad
My experience in life leads me to the conclusion those worried about what’s “gay” are...

Getting down to what the definition of the word is, is.... shocked

Once gay how can one be suddenly "Un-gay"...?

Like the Un-cola...?

grin

DF
Eng is tri, don jum to con.
Nothing screams "fist my dirt chute" quite like a 6.5 Creedmoor

[Linked Image]
This is now known as the creedgaymoore? and before I get any death threats, how long have the good 270 win shooter's have been saddled with same stigma from a few of us that wear leopard shorts? and have been known to blast away at zebra's heading north with such manly rifle's as a 7x57 Mauser.
© 24hourcampfire