Home
Having recently purchased a Newton rifle (one I'd put high on my list of "I wish someone would make it again". I just wondered what other firearm models you wish they would come back with? Thinking strictly hunting rifles. Rifles like the Mod 70 pre-64 would be excluded since they have been or still are, being built.

Another I'd add to the list would be the Model 99 Savage. Both with and without the cartridge counter.
The old Winchester 100. My father had one in .308 years ago. Heck, he may still have it. I'd like it in a different caliber though like .243, 7/08.
Savage 99, but that ain't happening- too many used ones for sale.
Yep, the 99....with high grade wood please.
What they make now ain't no real Model 70.
Originally Posted by DubThomas
The old Winchester 100. My father had one in .308 years ago. Heck, he may still have it. I'd like it in a different caliber though like .243, 7/08.

Really?
Originally Posted by Dogslife57
Yep, the 99....with high grade wood please.

I think they would be very expensive.. I have a deluxe model in 308.
Discontinued for a reason, usually poor sales.

And...... reintroductions rarely sell well either.

We now have more access to hard to find or discontinued guns than ever.
I want a stainless Savage 99 with swirly McMillan stock.

Wouldn't really matter as they would take shortcuts and screw up anything they offered...and I would rather not see a square bridge Mauser with plastic fittings and tupperware stock.
A Savage 99 that you could order tailored to your specific wants/needs via a menu option.

Or a regular production Savage 99 Featherweight in 1-7" ROT 22-250, 243, 25-35, 250-300, 260, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, 30-30, 308, 338 FED, 35 REM, 358, and 375 WIN.

Remington 700 TI, 700 LSS-MR, and 700 LVSF.

Ruger 77 RSI in stainless that were a regular/cataloged rifle, not just a Lipsey's special.

Remington dumping the 783 in lieu of a rebirth of the Marlin X guns with a Remington name roll-stamped on them.

S&W 610, 620, 624, 625, 648, and 696.
I'd like a 6 lug wby ultralight in 257wby. Please and thank you.
Browning Safari Grade in 375 H&H!
Bbear: I wish that Remington would resume making the wonderful XR-100 Rifles again!
2% chance of that happening.
And of course I wish Winchester would resume making the pre-64 style Model 70's from the mid 1940's to mid 50's era.
But alas that will never happen - 0% chance there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Win M94 in 7-30 Waters
Originally Posted by kman

I think that action was limited to .473" case heads.
Savage Model 99.
Originally Posted by fremont
Win M94 in 7-30 Waters

The last time I looked, GPC still had some new Model 94AE barrels in 7-30 Waters for under $100.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by kman

I think that action was limited to .473" case heads.

^^^this^^^^^^
Savage 99

BUT with E tronx trigger

........and folding bayonet.

In Camo.

Maybe ported barrel - but that might turn some people off.

Originally Posted by kenjs1
Savage 99

BUT with E tronx trigger

and folding bayonet.

In Camo.

You do know that has doomed you, right?
I added the ported barrel after you posted , but you may have a point. Too much?
99 or 88
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I added the ported barrel after you posted , but you may have a point. Too much?

Please don't go any further as it already sounds a lot like hillary's [bleep]. sex toy.
Winchester's M70-based push feed rifles like the Ranger and the Walmart rifles (Black Shadow?). They made great donors for affordable rebarreling projects.

Weatherby's original Varmintmaster in 224Wby.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Please don't go any further as it already sounds a lot like hillary's [bleep]. sex toy.

Ahh - the 'Huma' edition.
Winchester M70 Classics available in left hand versions.
Reading this I'm beginning to think that my minty M99F .300 Savage with the Leupold 1.5-5x20 heavy duplex shouldn't be my back up rifle. I always liked the looks of a Winchester M88 and I did have a M100, but I'd sure take a M88 redo maybe in stainless before I'd ever look at another M100 again. With CNC machining now days, I'd sure think that they could turn out some of those old designs and make them profitable.
Savage 99F in 358WIN or a Mark12 20mm
Most of my rifles are older and at least partially discontinued, e. g. Winchester model 94. I prefer old rifles, but I honestly couldn't think of one I'd like to see reintroduced. The reality and circumstance that made them possible and poplar are gone. It is time to move on.

I would like to see someone make Redfield Sourdough front sights again, but really what I just posted applies to them also.
+1
Originally Posted by Youper
Most of my rifles are older and at least partially discontinued, e. g. Winchester model 94. I prefer old rifles, but I honestly couldn't think of one I'd like to see reintroduced. The reality and circumstance that made them possible and poplar are gone. It is time to move on.

I would like to see someone make Redfield Sourdough front sights again, but really what I just posted applies to them also.

I just got done writing and deleting an overly wordy post that basically said what you just said so efficiently. The old rifles were neat and I miss the steel and nice walnut in them but if someone were to make them today the first thing people would do is criticize how heavy they are, or how ill suited they are in a rainy climate, or, or.....
Kimber K22 with gorgeous wood and 1/2-28 muzzle threads ... unless a reintroduction/upgrade would significantly devalue the one that I have.
Tangers.
Smooth bolt handled Remington Mountain rifles
Sako Finnwolf lever in 6.5 creedmore grin

Rem700 Alaskan Ti
Dream: Savage 99 stainless laminate tweaked for WSMs.
Slightly-more-practical-dream: Savage 99 stainless takedown with interchangeable barrels in 243, 308, & 358.
The-I’ll-sertle-for-it-if-I-can’t-dream: Savage 99 in any practical configuration with the lever safety
Rem700 Alaskan Ti

I'll sell you mine. laugh
Ruger 44 carbine
THis is interesting as a pure fantasy. Not for real or practical. There is NO turing the clock back. Given that.

1903 Mannlicher-Schoenauer Carbine 1903, double trigger and QD scope mount, preferably chambered in rounds available today
8 Bore rifle, in single shot break open to keep it something I could afford. Not a fancy grade gun, a shooter. Maybe a Manton?
The whole Marlin product line as it was prior to Remington take over.
The Marlin Ballard single shot at a typical Marlin quality and price point. Not a limited production mega bucks gun.
The H&R single shot shotgun as it was produced when the company was in Worcester Mass. I am ok with the transfer bar but, I want lighter frames and barrels in the smaller gauges.
The winchester 1885, like turn of century with out any internal changes. I dont care what country.
First generation (black powder spur hammer) colt SAA. I dont care if it colt or uberti, but I want a true, no added safety revolver.
CZ 453 American including 22mag
Ruger Mk II Govt model, stainless D&T version, with same accuracy spec and test targets
Mauser P08 (Luger) Navy Model
High Standard Citation 104 ..... oh is this rifles only ....
Winchester 52 D and sporter version
Browning Citori Upland Special (sorry not a rifle, I guess the prior H&R is in violation too)
Winchester 1886 and 1892 as they were back in the pre safety days
Remington M7 back to the days of the 18.5" barrel. Not for the barrel, for the quality of that time period.
Brno No1 22LR
Brno M21 with DST
Weatherby XXII

.... I need a break, this is actually rather depressing....

Two thoughts:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-1886/model-1886-current-products.html

Also I would like to see the CZ452 come back.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by fremont
Win M94 in 7-30 Waters

The last time I looked, GPC still had some new Model 94AE barrels in 7-30 Waters for under $100.

Not right now
Marlin 39A
Probably won't get any fans over a few of these choices but here goes

Remington 700 VSSF in 223 and 25-06
The older Winchester .22's- 69A, 75 Sporter, and 52D sporter and target
Remington 40X Sporter repeater rimfire
Winchester 70 Classic Stainless/walnut standard and FW in multiple calibers so we could argue about which was best and which are gay
Having a senior moment, but can't remember the model number of that slick little Browning .22 automatic rifle, tube fed in the stock, takedown.
Lots more, but I'll have to ponder a while to come up with a list of viable candidates... plenty of room for criticism in this list already... wink

Bob
Sako Finnwolf or Win model 88.

Win M52
Rem 541
standard production Marlin 39A
The JM stamped Marlin XS/XL-7.
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Marlin 39A

I wasn't aware they quit making them. Had to check their website to be sure. That is a shame. One of the longest running produced rifles.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Marlin 39A

I wasn't aware they quit making them. Had to check their website to be sure. That is a shame. One of the longest running produced rifles.

i could be wrong but when i checked the website it seemed like a custom order only - no standard production model.
> Left Hand Win M70 rifles
> Left Hand KoO Rimfires
Originally Posted by Recurve1
i could be wrong but when i checked the website it seemed like a custom order only - no standard production model.

It does show it under the custom shop. I didn't check there previously. I have two 39a's in mint condition and one old 39 which I learned to shoot with after a Daisy Red Ryder.
...i could be wrong but when i checked the website it seemed like a custom order only - no standard production model.

Hooooeeeee! Starting at $3,195 MSRP.

Makes those $700 asking prices at gun shows seem cheap in comparison... wink
Ruger Mark II stainless boat paddle
Nice rifles. I remember when they couldn't give those away.
L-Series Sako rifles
Originally Posted by 338rcm

Hell, I’d just love to see the Mark II stainless (the old brushed stainless) in any stock. Wood, boat paddle, or tupperware. My favorite Model 77.
I wish I could have an M70 Classic Compact. It was never chambered in 257 Roberts, but it would be neat.
Husqvarna 146 and 640
BRNO 600, 21H/22F and ZG47

It does show it under the custom shop. I didn't check there previously. I have two 39a's in mint condition and one old 39 which I learned to shoot with after a Daisy Red Ryder.

The custom shop models are out of most folks affordable range. Im wanting regular factory production started again so the average guy can maybe afford one.
Winchester model 70 National match rifle, short action, Marksman stock, medium weight barrel, clip-slotted receiver, ( or bolt on clip slot guide with picatinny / weaver scope base configuration for easy scope mounting), front sight block for aperture/ hooded front sight, and tapped for rear receiver sight, 24” barrel,, simple forearm sling ring ( not a full rail).

Light enough to still hunt, heavy enough to shoot in competition. Chamber in 308 Win, 7mm-08. I know the 6.5 Creedmore has a following, but it has a different case head diameter. .

I just like bolt action target rifle configurations.

Would be nice for cast bullet competition too. Hunting and target shooting. One gun for everything.
Mannlicher Schoenauer's in 250-3000,300 Savage
BRNO ZG-47

Sako Vixen / A1
Originally Posted by 338rcm

I was going to say this....

And the Marlin 30TK.

The custom shop models are out of most folks affordable range. Im wanting regular factory production started again so the average guy can maybe afford one.

Yikes, I just saw Jim in Idaho's post on the price. I doubt they will be selling many unless some Sheik in Saudi has a 39a fetish.

Yikes, I just saw Jim in Idaho's post on the price. I doubt they will be selling many unless some Sheik in Saudi has a 39a fetish.

In fairness, that's MSRP. Street prices will be somehwere in the $2800-$2900 range.... wink
The original 700 TI.
Savage 99
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight stainless/synthetic in 308
Sako Forester in 308

Okie John
Winchester left hand M70 SS Classic. Short action featherweight standard calibers would be a plus.

Oh, and made totally in the USA with the old style trigger
Savage 99C with crisp 3# trigger!
I would like to see the Rem 788 with 22" and 24" barrels and the Rem 581, 541 series rim fire rifles brought back.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The JM stamped Marlin XS/XL-7.

Agreed. I quit liking budget bolt guns when they went away.
The Model 95 Lever Action in .30-06. 35 Whelen & .405WCF. Also, the 95 in .348WCF would be GREAT.

yours, tex
Remington Model Seven XCR
The only one's I'd have an interest in don't stand a snowball's chance. Some others have mentioned:

A REAL Mannlicher/Schoenauer based on the 1903 action, original cartridges are fine.
A decent SXS combination gun, 16 X any classic, rimmed cartridge, hammer or hammerless
A QUALITY single shot on an Ideal action
A small bore single shot on a Daw-Schneider action, hammer or hammerless.

The above goes a long way toward explaining why I haven't bought a "new" rifle in over 20 years. I admit my tastes are.....eclectic, to be nice, weird to be more forthcoming.
sharps4590,

Me too. = There seems to be a shortage these days of Cape Guns with hammers.

yours, tex
Savage 99, Remington 7400, Winchester SxS are in there somewhere. Top of the list though would be the Ruger 77 RSI in 308 or 7mm-08. I believe this year they did have some sort of distributor special for the Mannlicher stock on 260Rem models. The Ruger 77 All-Weather and Ultralight were also good models.
Originally Posted by 257Deland
Smooth bolt handled Remington Mountain rifles

This.

FC
Ruger RSI.

Savage 99.

On a side note, I wish Beretta would bring back the 390. I’d give one to each of my kids for a graduation gift, if they did.
Winchester Model 21
New Savage M99 (with a wider and stronger extractor)

Krag, with an option of having them made with a magazine and extractor made for the 308 in addition to the 30-40 and also made with a side mount for scope use from the factory.

Remington M30A

Winchester M61 and M62 A 22 pump rifles
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
In fairness, that's MSRP. Street prices will be somehwere in the $2800-$2900 range.... wink

I actually prefer my 39 to the newer 39a's and would like to see the original 39 brought back, preferably without any excessive gaudy stamps or notations as a special commemorative. It carries and handles much better with it's thinner stock and I prefer how it looks over the bulky checkered stocks although the old ones don't have as nice wood as the newer ones do. The only difference I would say is to keep the improved bolt of the 39a since the original case hardened bolts of the 39 sometimes crack with high velocity ammo. I also am fine with a blued receiver instead of color case hardened as an acceptable compromise in cost of production but the slimmer octagon barrel is plenty stiff and accurate, looks better and contributes to the overall rifle's svelte handling.

[Linked Image]
Sako M78 22 rimfire.

John
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
Ruger 44 carbine

Yep,and put a rail on it and chamber it in some of the newer cartridges larger than 44 mag as well. One in 460 with an Aimpoint Micro would be a great woods deer rifle.
+3 on the ruger carbine 44.
I have one but I’d like it in 357/38 special.
Thinking for my kids , even the 38 would be enough out of 16” barrel for deer with in 100 yards.
Originally Posted by buttstock
Winchester model 70 National match rifle, short action, Marksman stock, medium weight barrel, clip-slotted receiver, ( or bolt on clip slot guide with picatinny / weaver scope base configuration for easy scope mounting), front sight block for aperture/ hooded front sight, and tapped for rear receiver sight, 24” barrel,, simple forearm sling ring ( not a full rail).

Light enough to still hunt, heavy enough to shoot in competition. Chamber in 308 Win, 7mm-08. I know the 6.5 Creedmore has a following, but it has a different case head diameter. .

I just like bolt action target rifle configurations.

Would be nice for cast bullet competition too. Hunting and target shooting. One gun for everything.

I don't believe so.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by DubThomas

Really?

Yup. The 6.5 Creedmoor craze would be a good excuse to bring it back. Shooters of 10/22s and Beretta shotguns would appreciate the safety location.

Also:
Remington Nylon 66
Browning A-Bolt
Nylon 66.
I would like a Remington 14 1/2 in 44 magnum or 357 magnum but would be satisfied with a 44/40.
Stainless KS.
52 sporter
541-t
Sako vixen

Would love to have a 70 classic in .225 Winchester. Odd cartridges intrigue me.
SAKO FINNWOLF LEVER
Marlin xs7s

What I really want is a 700 sps stainless compact in 308. I guess it is just a hacksaw away from reality.
Remington model 12 pump 22lr, great rifle
Rossi 92 in 480 Ruger, just because I need one
Browning 92 in 357 mag and 44 mag, because they were the best
Bolt guns, with high gloss blue and lumber, no matte, no stainless, no plastic. I guess I got off track
99 Savage with brass counter in 35 Remington
Not a rifle, but how 'bout the Colt Python.
Originally Posted by Higbean
I want a stainless Savage 99 with swirly McMillan stock.

In 6.5 Creedmore
Remington 30S
Was that the P17 in civy form? Lots of luck on that one.
Remington Seven XCR in 7mm-08. It'd be nice if they'd add .22-250 with a 1-12" twist.
Ruger #1H in .375
Ruger #3 in .30-40.
Remington 700 BDL/CDL in the .222 family including .17 Remington and .17 Fireball
Marlin 336 Cowboy versions, 30-30 and .38-55
Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .32 magnum
Winchester 1885 High Wall Hunter in .25-'06 and 7mm mag, Low Wall in .357, .44 and ... .25-20 WCF if possible.

The thing I'd like to see the very most, though, is a Thompson Center Big Boar .58
What American needs is a good $500 double rifle.
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Sure! Why not.
Originally Posted by Otter6

Sure! Why not.

Because it would look like that marlin abomination, only uglier.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Otter6

Sure! Why not.

Because it would look like that marlin abomination, only uglier.

What "Marlin abomination"?
Remington 600
Originally Posted by Sako76
Browning Safari Grade in 375 H&H!

Just pick one up 1962 vintage long extractor in 375 H+H , pure class and workmanship .

Would love one in 405 Win or 45/70
Originally Posted by sjr

Would love one in 405 Win or 45/70

And one in either 33, 35, or 348 Win for hogs and such.
Browning lever rifle. Slim frame.
IMI timberwolf
Sako Finwolf
Ruger frontier
Savage model 99,Parker bolt action
Quality 700 BDL Varmint.

700 VLS with the original VLS stock that was checkered and had black forend tip. Narrower forend and not beavertailed.
Would absolutely love to be able to buy an ‘L’ series Sako again in the Deluxe and Varmint versions.
I have 2 L461 Vixens, one in 222 sporter and the other in 222Mag Deluxe varmint contour with rosewood forend tip and grip cap with white spacers. The latter rifle was ordered with that configuration, wish you could order rifles like that these days.

Cheers.
Rem.660, with an external bolt stop/release.

Ruger should take up this task...the Gold Label would be a fine start...
Originally Posted by Bbear
Having recently purchased a Newton rifle (one I'd put high on my list of "I wish someone would make it again". I just wondered what other firearm models you wish they would come back with? T

I have a first model in .256, it is a work of art!
Sako L579 Deluxe Forester
Wouldn’t hurt to have the Vixen and the Finnbear either in Deluxe
Rem 700 TI
Rem 700 Custom KS
Wish Winchester would make that 22 Magnum pump, the kind Totch Brown used. Ding Darling Preserve on Sanibel Florida had his boat on display, with the rifle, and an Old Hickory boning knife tucked in a gunwale. Guess I should have just grabbed that one.
Winchester M-69 .22. First gun I shot. An excellent .22 bolt action.

I bet they would sell a sack full of them. Ten maybe even twelve.
I think a good rifle to bring back would be the 660 Remington. Use a 22" barrel and a better shaped hardwood stock and keep the price down. I was also a fan of the L series Sako. But way out of my rice range these days.
Originally Posted by SLDUCK
Ruger 44 carbine

I agree, but this time with a S.S. barrel, 1:18" twist, detachable box magazine, and laminated wood stock.
Well I need to add to my earlier post Remington 600 or 660 in 35 Remington. I'm more of a Winchester fan, so I would like to place a order for a model 70 Feather Weight in 35 Remington. Just saying.
Kleinguenther K-15
I wish FN / BACO would make and assemble their Winchester model 70 in the USA . Now currently assembled in Portugal.

I wish FN/BACO would make a short action model 70, in 308 Win 1-12” twist barrel, 22” standard barrel -not featherweight , and with blued steel floorplate/bottom metal, original style trigger, and “Made in USA” stamped on the barrel.

I wish Howa would use 1-12” twist for their 308 Win chambered m1500 rifles ( particularly the varmint configuration). It would be one heck of a cast bullet gun, for Cast Bullet Association postal match competition. Twist is now 1-10” for 308 win. Uggh.
Somehow in my original answer I left out the 308/338 MX. I’d be thrilled to have either, and let’s revive it with a wider selection of bullets. I get that the flex tip is needed to make it safe but surely with today’s tech we can make ammo for those guns that gives a wider spread of performance. My BLR is a good gun but it doesn’t handle quite like my Marlin.
Sako Finnwolf
Winchester Model 71
What I want more than anything is for Marlin to bring back the 444 like they promise annually.
Remington 673

The way it should have been made. Lighter weight 18 1/2" - 20" short barrel.

Chambered in some different deer calibers. 6mm & 6.5 Creedmoor, .250-3000, 7mm-08, .35 Rem & .358 Win.
The Browning 1885 low wall from the late 90’s.

I’d take one in 22 K Hornet and one in something like a 6.5 Swede or even 280 Rem.
remington mohawk in 243....so the friend who sold me mine could buy another
Ruger Hawkeye all weather.

If they brought those back I’d get a 30-06 and a 338wm right now.
I wish Remington would slip into a time warp and it would be 1988 again. Blued walnut Mountain Rifles in .257 Roberts, 7mm Mauser, and .280 Remington. Model 7 and 700's in Brown Precision fiberglass stocks--A factory offering!! The KS Mountain Rifle from the Custom Shop during this era were among the best rifles ever produced. What a difference 30 years makes. I can't think of one offering Remington makes today that I would want.
Ruger Ultralights.
“Remington dumping the 783 in lieu of a rebirth of the Marlin X guns with a Remington name roll-stamped on them.”

On this we agree completely! I keep buying them whenever I see a good deal on new old stock.
Winchester M 70 Featherweight 7x57
Savage model 24V. .222/.20 ga. Was the perfect little brush gun, until I dropped it in a land slide.
Henry lever gun chambered in .44 Flat RF
True muzzleloaders, percussion and rock locks, twisted for PRB's. And no fiber optic sights. Without costing an arm and a leg.
Tansun

How did U dig up this thread FROM 5-25-18 ?

Originally Posted by Bbear
Having recently purchased a Newton rifle (one I'd put high on my list of "I wish someone would make it again". I just wondered what other firearm models you wish they would come back with? Thinking strictly hunting rifles. Rifles like the Mod 70 pre-64 would be excluded since they have been or still are, being built.

Another I'd add to the list would be the Model 99 Savage. Both with and without the cartridge counter.
Pretty easy for me since I'm left handed

MARLIN 39
Marlin 338 Xpress
Savage 99
Winchester 71 without a stupid tang safety and rebound hammer
Left hand Sako rifles

The left hand Ruger compact rifles. I have one in 338RCM and wish I would've found one also in 308win. These are fantastic short rifles with 20" barrels. Outstanding sporting rifles that Ruger should reintroduce in 308, 358, and other shorter action offerings. But im over the moon just to own one even if its 338RCM. I truly despise most of what's new out there as much of it is made cheaply and the handling is all wrong.
Originally Posted by jwall
Tansun

As thread resurrections go, this one wasn’t too deep.

Since it has resurfaced, I’ll add Barrett Fieldcraft to the list.
I wish Weatherby would bring back a fully stainless Mark V. Cerakote is better than nothing, but to my knowledge all of their Cerakote models are standard steel inside the coating. I’d rather just have real stainless.
The Colt-Sauer bolt action that had a tang safety, except in stainless steel with dull gray finish and a high quality classic style fiberglass stock.
Ruger M77 tang-safety.

Sako Finnbear

Savage-Anschutz bolt action .22's

Heck, just make plastic trigger guards go away, and I'll be a lot happier.
Barrett Fieldcraft.
Add me to the list for the Fieldcraft....
1 model 70 FWT. Without the schnabel forend, instead replaced with a piece of ebony.

2 remington 700 Mountain rifle with an edge fill McMillan instead of the clubby B&C
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by jwall
Tansun

As thread resurrections go, this one wasn’t too deep.

Since it has resurfaced, I’ll add Barrett Fieldcraft to the list.

Since it's going to continue I have to enter my ALL TIME fav Factory wood stock.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is my 2nd one. A 6.5X55 and it shoots plus 120s @ 3000 fps ain't bad.

My first was a 270 W but had a short...short throat. The loaded cartridge looked retarded.
Remington Nylon 66. Looking at the prices they are selling for there are a lot of other folks who would like them to make them also.

drover
Nostalgia brings be back to wanting what I gunned my first buck with, a Winchester m64. As a kid I borrowed it from one of dad’s gun guy friends and thought that it was just a renumbered m94.
Stainless Remington KS
Marlin 39A
Bergara Premier Mountain in 280 AI

Not a rifle; but, I have to throw in the Winchester Model 12.
Remington 700 LSS
Remington Classic
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
Remington 700 LSS

I thot so too (?) For years I drooled over the 700 LSS in 7 RM *until* I picked one up...ONE time.
I went to a LGS with a rifle to trade, went straight to the counter in front of the 700 LSS. The guy handed it
to me and .....uggh! Good Lord amighty that thing was HEAVY.

With head drooping, I left. Cured me. Still love the look & idea. Ain't happening.

Jerry
Savage 99 in 277 Deerslayer. Savage light weight rifle that isn't UGLY. Ruger No.3
Marlin MR7
Love to have:

Marlin 336A .30-30 but with a 22" barrel instead of 24" and a slender forend. (Are you listening, Ruger?)

Savage 99A, the straight grip 20" barreled version.

Remington 121 with the original slender corn cob forend

Neat to have:
Nylon 66
Winchester 63
Winchester 9422
Winchester 69A and/or 75 Sporter. Left hand versions would be a wet dream but wth, as long as we're dreaming here...

well ruger just bought marlin so im excited to see a ruger/marlin 30-03 other than that .280rem would be sweet
Remington 700 KS Stainless
Winchester 70 Classic Stainless
Ruger Hawkeye All Weather
Kimber 84m Montana (no threads)
Forgot:

Winchester 1885 low wall in 243
Ruger Ultralight in blued/walnut.
Originally Posted by Elvis
Ruger Ultralight in blued/walnut.

I had one in the 80s, 20" bll. Great ?maybe perfect? Woods rifle.

Jerry
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I’d take one in 22 K Hornet and one in something like a 6.5 Swede or even 280 Rem.

A low wall K Hornet is every bit as good as you may suspect, although mines built on an original. As far as wish list rifles for me, an M1895 takedown, no fussy tang safety, in 303 Brit and or 7.62 Russian would be cool.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Henry lever gun chambered in .44 Flat RF

And a new supply of 44 Rimfire ammo to go with it
Glen field 30tk. Also any American made affordable single shot .22 rifle blued with a wood stock.
All you guys wanting Savage 99's, there are schitloads of them out there you can buy and customize with whatever short action cartridge you can imagine. Well almost anyway. No reason to go w/o! Here's one in 17-22/250 ctw here screwed the barrel on for me.

Me;

Model 70 Featerweight in:
1. 257 Roberts
2. 6.5 x 55

1980s Rem Mountain rifle

1. 257 Roberts
2. 7 x 57
3. 260 Rem
4 243 Win
5. 7/08

Weatherby Ultralite

1. 7/08
2. 243 Rem
3. 338/06
Marlin 336ER .356 Winchester with the 3/4 length magazine. I had one years ago and stupidly sold it.
Savage 99 in a .300 savage
9.3x62mm and 404J that are affordable for mere mortals.
I wish someone would make a 3/4 scale Savage 99 for the 222/223 family of cartridges.
Originally Posted by garddogg56
Savage 99 in a .300 savage

That would be nice ATST, I'd be interested in a good looking stock in 308, 284, & 250.

Jerry
Sako Finnwolf. Finest lever ever made. Luckily I have one in 308 Win.

I didn't read any of this, so don't know if it's been mentioned already or not - but....
I'd like to see KIMBER start turning out their Montana and Hunter models in a properly twisted .223. That it's only offered in their varmint models is leaving a lot on the table....
24" tubes, 1/8 and no threaded barrel....or at least have the option of nonthread.
Not really out of production, but I wish Remington would offer that Model Seven full-stocked rifle in regular production and not from the custom shop.

They are nice rifles, but are grossly overpriced for that rifle in a plywood stock.
Originally Posted by Elvis
Ruger Ultralights.

There's some new old stock available. What caliber do you want?
Remington 720. The best bolt action rifle Remington ever stamped their name on...
Originally Posted by Fotis
Sako Finnwolf. Finest lever ever made. Luckily I have one in 308 Win.

Man. That’s a really cool rifle.
Remington 788 in 223 Remington.
Marlin 39 at a reasonable price.
Ruger 96/22 lever action

Rossi M92 in 480 Ruger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I wish someone would make a 3/4 scale Savage 99 for the 222/223 family of cartridges.

Slightly scale up the "Lever-matic".
This is too easy - Sako 75.

Tim
Originally Posted by MadMooner

My #1 pick as well. I have one currently that will be rebirthed to 308 Winchester.
Originally Posted by Darryle
Marlin MR7

Another vote for the Marlin MR-7. IIRC, this rifle was only produced from 96-99 and has the best features of all the big name favorite rifle makers plus it's super accurate to boot! If they were making a new run, I'd like to see one in stainless steel with a detachable AI-style magazine!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bbear: I wish that Remington would resume making the wonderful XR-100 Rifles again!
2% chance of that happening.
And of course I wish Winchester would resume making the pre-64 style Model 70's from the mid 1940's to mid 50's era.
But alas that will never happen - 0% chance there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Agree on XR100s. Great rifles and great platform for wildcats. Got a couple.
Any decent walnut/blued bolt gun chambered in .250 Savage or .257 Roberts.
Colt Woodsman. Winchester Models 12, 61, and 63.
I will second that late 80s early 90s Remington 700 comment in this thread. I had a 700 BDL in 308 that was the best shooting gun I ever owned. I wish I could get a 700 308 that would shoot with the quality those had back then. I can get a 700 in 308 I just don’t want the junk Remington is making now
Originally Posted by Northman
BRNO ZG-47

Sako Vixen / A1

My exact 2 also!
Originally Posted by Boomboom726
I will second that late 80s early 90s Remington 700 comment in this thread. I had a 700 BDL in 308 that was the best shooting gun I ever owned. I wish I could get a 700 308 that would shoot with the quality those had back then. I can get a 700 in 308 I just don’t want the junk Remington is making now

I always find these posts comical

I have several new (as in 2009 and newer) Remington 700s from ADls up to a New AWR. All, and I mean ALL of them shoot sub MOA with factory ammo. In fact one 223 Heavy bbl shoots 10 shot groups sub inch. And a 700 BDL shoots Federal's Accubon load into sub half inch groups

Me thinks you should spend more time actually out shooting and less time reading internet forums
I've never seen it, Sabatti tried I think but had issues (in that they weren't really embraced by everyone due to how they were regulated) - but I would really like to see an American Double Gun in North American calibers that a blue collar worker can afford and anyone could be proud to own: 45/70, 30-06, 270, 30-30, 338-06, 22 LR and then some magnum offerings like 300 weatherby or winchester, 338 magnum, 458 winchester.

Like priced and workmanship how an over and under would be now. I mean even if they sold a barrel set that could go on existing over and unders, that would work for me.

I think it would be a fun rifle for hog hunting and other 'American Safaris' alligator, black bear...etc.

Just rambling outloud...
Remington 600
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Love to have:

Marlin 336A .30-30 but with a 22" barrel instead of 24" and a slender forend. (Are you listening, Ruger?)

Savage 99A, the straight grip 20" barreled version.

Remington 121 with the original slender corn cob forend

Neat to have:
Nylon 66
Winchester 63
>> ** Winchester 9422 >>**
Winchester 69A and/or 75 Sporter. Left hand versions would be a wet dream but wth, as long as we're dreaming here...

Wow ! Not being a lever action fanatic.... I was not aware that Win had dropped production of the 9422.

blush blush I will admit when I am wrong and/or don't know about certain things. NOT ashamed to admit it.
I just now googlefooed it and found this from 2011.

I have a Win 9422 M in the Win Cam stock and have proudly owned it since the late 80s.
I use it occasionally here at my place for small varmints which we don't have too many.

I have NOT thot about selling it and NOW I would not sell it at ALL.

I'll EDIT this and add a Pic later today. Gotta go for now.

Jerry

I had an errand to do and got back. Instead of editing the previous post I'm just adding another.

I 'probably' could find out what year I bought this but I know it was before 1990. Maybe my ancestry is showing but
I have always like the Laminated stocks, especially the Gray- gray and Win Cam models.
I have a Ruger 10-22, Win 1300 XTR Turkey model 12 ga, & this Win Cam 9422 M.

I liked the Rem 700 SS Laminate so much I tried to trade a 700 BDL for 1 UNTIL I picked it up. TOO HEAVY for me
at the time-- and still is. But I love the looks.

Jerry
Originally Posted by Boomboom726

Agree totally. I have a Remington 700 ADL that I bought at Wal-Mart in the mid-80’s. It shot like a dream with the 180 gr. Core-Lokt ammo I originally sighted it in with, and it shoots like a dream with the Barnes VOR-TEX 150 gr. TTSX that I currently shoot in it. It was the first center fire rifle I ever owned, and I am glad I still have it. I have other rifles I like just fine. In fact, I have become quite a fan of the 7mm-08. But I will never part with my original Remington 700.
© 24hourcampfire