Home
Was straightening out my ammo cabinet last weekend. I've got a ton of .308 ammo and brass and no .308(sold it a year ago)...maybe I need to keep my eyes open for a closeout deal on a Savage 16...(being replaced with the new 110 Storm)...
M1A will solve your problem, in style.
Said that more than once. The hardest part is finding a rifle in which to use the ammo as anything that would use the ammo is either no longer found or ungodly expensive. Last ran into that with 351 WSL and 401 WSL with the problem reversed until recently- had the guns but no ammo or bullets available.
I got a small pile of 223 ammo and I've never owned a 223. My only trouble is deciding which one. I'm torn between a something akin to a superlight and a dual purpose with a slightly longer heavier barrel, but leaning more towards short and light recently.
I kind of like the idea of a sub-6 pound Savage 16 Lightweight Hunter stainless or an X-Bolt carbine for a woods loafing rifle, but the stainless 7 has more style.
Nah its usually a have more rifles then scopes or visa versa.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
M1A will solve your problem, in style.

I like your thinking there...
Every time I move those sealed cans of .410 shotshell....
I’m exbarrased at how many guns I’ve purchased over the years because I had some ammo or loading components.... Don’t ask me to justify owning ammo/components for guns I didn’t own....:)
Found a stash of 270 brass a while back. Should I get one?
I’m covered in 22 Hornet. I sold my rifle to a fellow that wanted it more than me. I’ve got to get another one.
Originally Posted by papat
Found a stash of 270 brass a while back. Should I get one?

Probably. Hate to see brass go to waste.
I've never owned a 30-06 only because I never wanted one. A couple family members gave me some old -06 ammo and a some spent brass too. I'd like to find a M700 LH for a song if I could. I'd hate to see this ammo not get shot up.........it's not all that much but I now have a slight interest in owning and using a 30-06. smile

[Linked Image]
I have a bunch of 300 H&H, but no rifle to shoot it in.
I'm all stocked up on 9.3x62 brass! But where is the rifle?
I've got a bunch of .30 and .32 Rem ammo. I had a 141 in .32 that was stolen, so still have several boxes for it. I'll eventually get another one. About 10 years ago I found 10 boxes of .30 Rem in a old store that was closing and bought them, even though I've never owned one. I hope to find a cherry model 81 or 141 to use it in. The SMART thing to do would be to sell the .30 & .32 ammo because it is worth a penny or two, but I don't often make smart decisions regarding guns. Also have a bunch of 7.65 Argentine because some day I might rebarrel a commercial Mauser to it.
© 24hourcampfire