Home
Posted By: 79S Well it looks - 06/09/18
Like I will be using the 270 Winchester for my TMA sheep hunt. I bought a 5 digit stainless classic in a 270, couple weeks ago. Initial load development is very promising. I will be using 150 part. With RL26. I know it's not what Jack O'Connor used far as bullets and powder but it will work. I don't twist turrets so the bullet is just fine for me out 400yds I suppose. I have 3x9-33 leupold compact sitting on top of it in Talley lightweights.
Posted By: Judman Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Solid setup, can’t wait to see pics
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Nice set up 79s . I have that 270 wsm I bought from you shooting very well with 150 partitions and mag pro. Good luck on your sheep hunt.
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Very nice!! Best of luck on that hunt. smile Don't forget the MNT OPS hat or best just not go at all. smile
Posted By: 79S Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
Nice set up 79s . I have that 270 wsm I bought from you shooting very well with 150 partitions and mag pro. Good luck on your sheep hunt.

Those 270 wsm are fairly easy to load for. I see one in the classifieds almost bought it lol. I sold my last 270 wsm couple yrs ago. Might be time to get another one smile
Posted By: 79S Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Very nice!! Best of luck on that hunt. smile Don't forget the MNT OPS hat or best just not go at all. smile

I was going to wear my beaver hat.
Posted By: alaska_lanche Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
Originally Posted by 79S

HAHA that'll work too wink
Posted By: VernAK Re: Well it looks - 06/09/18
It won't be the first 270 in the TMA.
If this rain keeps up, you'll be hunting in the clouds.
They should be flying a sheep survey any day now.
Best of luck!
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Well it looks - 06/10/18
Originally Posted by 79S

Seems fitting, for a 270 shooter. whistle
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Well it looks - 06/10/18
laugh
Posted By: winchester70 Re: Well it looks - 06/10/18
270 Winchesters and Model 70 Classics are never bad choices.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Well it looks - 06/10/18
Should be a good one. Those 270 stainless classics seem to be getting harder to find.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Well it looks - 06/10/18
Haven't you heard? 'Stick says model 70's don't "connect any dots". laugh
Posted By: 79S Re: Well it looks - 06/11/18
Originally Posted by Mike74
Haven't you heard? 'Stick says model 70's don't "connect any dots". laugh

I like stick when you decipher through his rants some useful info. I also traded pms with him and he's helped with what I asked. With that he's entitled to his opinions, but I will stick with model 70's for the kind of hunting I do. I don't shoot 500 yds plus, I don't twist turrets, I only have one rifle bdc reticle. The rest regular have regular old 3-9 leupolds on them.
© 24hourcampfire