Home
I have a 308, 7-08, 223s and 243s.

I'm looking for a supressor for my rifle, and stumbled on this two for one deal.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/silencerco-bogo.6890747/

Which rifle can should I order?

https://silencerco.com/summer-kickoff-promotion/
Omega
yup
David, I work in a Class III dealer shop, and although, I had other projects on the burners, the Silencerco deal was too good to pass up. I went with the Omega suppressor, but chose to receive an Octane 45 for my free model. (I already have a Gemtech 22 Suppressor) .
Omega hands down
If I didn't already have a few 30 cal suppressors (one being an omega) I would get the Omega again. As it is I got the hybrid so I can suppress the big bores now. Then got the 45K Octane as my free one to primarily use as a 22 LR suppressor that I could toss on a sub sonic 308 or 300 blackout as well as a pistol, though I don't see putting it on a pistol.
I'd buy another Omega. Mine has been exactly what I needed, very quiet, compact, and lighweight used on all kinds of rifles.
Looks like the omega is the one.

And the 45K
Originally Posted by David_Walter

And the 45K

Thats what I would do if I was in the market for a 30 cal.

Thats what my buddy did...well he ended up getting one for him and his wife with this deal going after shooting mine last month when I told him this promo was going on.
Thanks for posting this info guys.
Definitely pick up an Omega from one of the places that is selling them right at $800, then pick out an Octane as your freebie, more bang for your buck than buying an Omega at ~$750 (cheapest I've seen) and only getting a .22 can for free. I picked up a Saker 762 right before the Omegas came out, and it sounds good but I'd take the lighter weight weight of the Omega any day of the week.
Bought an omega several years ago and highly recommend it.
I bought another Hybrid and sent in for the 45 can. I went with the Hybrid because it’s more of a do-all. It’s .46 caliber, so I can use it on big bore stuff too. I also have a couple of additional plates for .224 and .308. I’ve shot it on every centerfire I own that’s threaded.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I bought another Hybrid and sent in for the 45 can. I went with the Hybrid because it’s more of a do-all. It’s .46 caliber, so I can use it on big bore stuff too. I also have a couple of additional plates for .224 and .308. I’ve shot it on every centerfire I own that’s threaded.

Yup thats why I picked one up. I have 30 cal covered so Hybrid it is. Problem I gotta get a few more rifles threaded now. smile
I found an Omega, will be easy to top the $800, lol. Any last hour advice?

Done deal. Gulp.....
What's the benefit of the Omega over the Harvester, besides the fact it is AR rated and the Harvester isn't? I have no AR's and don't intend to get one. Also, where are you guys finding the Omega for $800?
JG, I know little, damned little, and have references to this fact.... . But look at the decibels. The Omega with 308 is ALMOST 1/2 of the Harvester.... Every 3 decibels is double the noise, 133 vs 136.... I had to pay a grand and the other option I could locate, in stock at a brick and morter, was $1130 @ suggested retail 150 miles further. BOGO did the trick for me, and a recent bonus.....
JG,

Going off memory here, from when I was suppressor shopping and comparing the two, and the Omega is shorter. Like a couple inches shorter. I run my Omega with just a flat end cap and remove the anchor brake which makes it 6" long. With the anchor brake, the Omega is about 7" Harvester is about 9" ish? I think the Omega rates as slightly less decibels when comparing them also?

I wanted to keep the length down as much as I could so it didn't totally screw up the balance and "packability" of a hunting rifle.

More accessories for the Omega and the titanium/stellite/ stainless build on the Omega will likely make it last longer over the long haul?

Not a knock on the Harvester by any means and if a guy wants to save some bucks, I'm sure it would work well.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I found an Omega, will be easy to top the $800, lol. Any last hour advice?

Done deal. Gulp.....

Congrats Mtn Boomer on the purchase! After the first shot, you'll wonder why you waited so long to jump in the pool. smile
Thanks Lonny. Paperwork sent. Hoping I did'r right. Now regretting cutting those threads off........ smile

And the 45K

If I read correctly, the decibel reduction on the 45K is not as good as the Octane, although, it is shorter. If the overall length means more to you than the sound reduction, I can see going with the 45K.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

I bought an Omega and a Hybrid. shortactionsmoker is right. The Hybrid is multi caliber. Once you get the additional end caps, you're good to go.

Not downspeaking the Omega. It's still in my FFL's safe and looking forward to shooting it. I have shot the Hybrid and like it. Very quiet, even with 5.56.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What's the benefit of the Omega over the Harvester, besides the fact it is AR rated and the Harvester isn't? I have no AR's and don't intend to get one. Also, where are you guys finding the Omega for $800?

Much shorter overall package, longer life due to better materials, no shooting a few shots and waiting to cool down to room temperature (silencers heat up fast), fewer reports of blowing up. If you're going to wait all that time, might as well get the best within reason... In the end it's not the cost that's bad, it's the wait, you don't want to be regretting going cheap by the time your number is finally up.

As for where to get them, keep in mind that this special has been going on almost a month, so some of the places with best deals (like Lanbo's Armory) are out. That said, Esilencers has them in stock for $835 with free shipping to your SOT, and Hansohn Brothers has them in stock for $904.

Esilencers - Omega

Hansohn Brothers - Omega

Also, Capitol Armory has Omega 300s with a direct thread mount, ASR mount and a muzzle device for $905, the two mounts and no muzzle device for $855, or just a direct thread mount for $770.

Capitol Armory - Omega
Much appreciated Gtscotty.
Found a LE priced 338 Harvester. Anyone using this for lesser calibers?

It's rated for 338 LM, and weighs 21 OZ.
Have been on the fence to buy my first suppressor for a while now and couldn't resist this deal either. After some pretty thorough research have concluded the Omega 300 would best fit my needs (AR's in 223 Wylde and 300 Blackout along with a Montana in 308). Found one on Gunbroker with a "buy it now" for $800, no tax or CC fee + $20 shipping. Leaning heavily toward the Octane 9 for my freebie as it'll be mainly used for 22LR.
What kind of transfer fee for the suppressors are you guys seeing? I’ve never researched them before today, but my LGS stayed $100 for suppressors, while only $25 for normal firearm transfers. Maybe that’s for the months of safe storage they have to provide??
$100 is pretty typical around here too to receive it and do the paperwork. I've got one pretty close by that is charging $50 and also has one of the Silencer Shop kiosks that's included in the deal that should simplify things. I've decided for my needs to just do the purchase as an "individual" vs the trust route (Convenient & quick,
NO LEGAL COSTS, LESS PAPERWORK, and SMALLER MARGIN OF ERROR) not to mention a quicker approval from the ATF..
Originally Posted by ga whitetail
Have been on the fence to buy my first suppressor for a while now and couldn't resist this deal either. After some pretty thorough research have concluded the Omega 300 would best fit my needs (AR's in 223 Wylde and 300 Blackout along with a Montana in 308). Found one on Gunbroker with a "buy it now" for $800, no tax or CC fee + $20 shipping. Leaning heavily toward the Octane 9 for my freebie as it'll be mainly used for 22LR.

I think the Omega is the premier SiCo offering for 95% of people's uses. It's tough, relatively light weight, quiet - especially for only being 6 inches, and uses probably the most common mounting system (with more options popping up all the time.)

If I didn't already have a Saker 762 for tough use, and a Liberty Sovereign for lightweight, I'd be jumping on this offer as well.

Given how many people seem to be doing the SiCo BOGO, I'm wondering if the volume hike will drive a mini 41F style wait time increase spike.

As for transfer fees, I think there is one guy in town that charges $100, but others are less. My last two have been transferred by a dealer that charges $65, I think I'll have the next one transferred by TBAC since they are in town and do transfers for around $50.
I’m a first timer here ... Silencerco needs a serial number to take advantage of this promotion, no later than, July 30. If I purchased online this weekend, when do they typically provide a serial number?

Never mind, I see it on my order now. Thanks to those who’ve contributed to this thread, for making me spend more money.
Smokin' deal regardless of what you choose. Good time to be buyin'.
Finally got notified my submission for a free suppressor has been approved by Silencerco! Feds cashed the check but nothing yet on the first one.
Stamp arrived today. Wow, that was quick! 11 months and 3 weeks.
Which free one did you pick and have you heard anything on it yet. I received and email several months ago from Silencerco saying they will arrive at dealers by no later than June 29, 2019. They better hurry
Originally Posted by BATSCH30
Which free one did you pick and have you heard anything on it yet. I received and email several months ago from Silencerco saying they will arrive at dealers by no later than June 29, 2019. They better hurry

No word on it since the same email you got. They got swamped. I bought the Omega 300 locally in a hurry and free "Something" pretty sure the Hybrid but maybe Osprey. I'll update when I can.
Did not get in on the free one deal, but I am currently waiting on the Hybrid 46. Got a 5.56, 6.8, and 308 that it will go on, and maybe a 9mm is I get a threaded barrel for it.
Got a omega last July 15th I believe and the free octane 9. My omega still hasn’t cleared. My 2 dead air cans did in 10 months. Octane arrived at dealer 2 weeks ago. Going tomorrow to do paperwork and then wait again.
Holy smokes! I was not expecting it to be this quiet! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Anyone on the fence about getting an Omega? Just do it.

[Linked Image]

BTW: Free one is close, Silencerco contacted the flunky retailer for updated paperwork.... 365 days from paid to pickup on the Omega.
Sounds like I probably need to hurry up and get my rifle chopped, threaded, and ready for my currently incarcerated Omega. Still haven’t heard from Silencerco on my freebie. I’m done with those clowns.
'Boomer after he gets his suppressor...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Uhhh, no pic.

Free one is on the way. Guess way back a year ago, I chose the now discontinued Octane 45. Silencerco let me change the receiving FFL today, hopefully I am done with the clown show at _______ in ______ Montana.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Uhhh, no pic.

Take two.
[Linked Image]
I received an email yesterday stating that the free one has arrived. Still haven’t seen the omega, 12 months and one week into the wait
I received an email yesterday stating that the free one has arrived. Still haven’t seen the omega, 12 months and one week into the wait

Hang in there man, we're here for you!
Just got the call yesterday my omega is ready to be picked up. Purchased July 15 or 16th 2018. Free octane 45 came in 4 weeks ago
Yahoo!
Mine made it home Friday!
Holy smokes! I was not expecting it to be this quiet! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Anyone on the fence about getting an Omega? Just do it.

[Linked Image]

BTW: Free one is close, Silencerco contacted the flunky retailer for updated paperwork.... 365 days from paid to pickup on the Omega.

Congrats on getting your can! I've got two in jail right now (Obsidian .45 and DA Nomad). Btw, how long is the barrel on that Tikka? Is that a chopped 24" CTR?

The Omega has been out for several years, but still meters really well in comparison to it's competition. Suppressed Nation did a good series "Suppressor Showdown" comparing top rifle cans, and the Omega came out looking pretty good:

Sorry, missed your question. My CTR is factory 20" .

Not going to bad-mouth the company but for phucqk's sake no free unit shipped yet.

Mine made it home Friday!

Congrats!
I have a 308, 7-08, 223s and 243s.

I'm looking for a supressor for my rifle, and stumbled on this two for one deal.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads/silencerco-bogo.6890747/

Which rifle can should I order?

https://silencerco.com/summer-kickoff-promotion/

Curious what you did?
Josh,

I spent the money on climbing Kilimanjaro instead.

I still need to get another can or two.
Right on!
© 24hourcampfire