Home
Posted By: hillbillybear These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
I went over to a local gun shop this morning and two more rifles I do not really need followed me home. The first is a Model 30 Remington .30/06 built around 1928 complete with a Pachmayr tip off scope mount that somebody put a 1980's vintage Simmons 3-9 scope with the dual crosshair BDC on it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The second one is a really neat 1950's-1960's era Type 99 Arisaka 7.7 Japanese that someone did an excellent job sporterizing. It has a Williams reciver sight on it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
Nice X 2.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
smile
Posted By: Youper Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
I love that model 30. I could have passed on the 99, but that's what makes America great. Have fun with both. The Arisaka is the nicest one I've ever seen.
Originally Posted by Youper
I love that model 30. I could have passed on the 99, but that's what makes America great. Have fun with both. The Arisaka is the nicest one I've ever seen.

The Arisaka is the nicest one I have ever seen too. Whoever put it together really knew how to do it.
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
Neat old rifles! Thanks for sharing. You don't see Remington model 30 very often.
Posted By: jwall Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
Congrats !!

Very Nice !!

Jerry
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/15/18
Done good
I would be envious if that Remington was in 25 Rem but I would probably have picked up a 30/06 if the price was right. I kick myself for not buying a Model 30 barreled action in 358 Norma mag but I didn't want to find a stock for it.

The Arisaka would be a tough one to pass up, I have a pair still in military configuration which makes them a little problematic for hunting. A nice sporterized like that would be a lot of fun.
Posted By: moosemike Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/16/18
Cool
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I would be envious if that Remington was in 25 Rem but I would probably have picked up a 30/06 if the price was right. I kick myself for not buying a Model 30 barreled action in 358 Norma mag but I didn't want to find a stock for it.

The Arisaka would be a tough one to pass up, I have a pair still in military configuration which makes them a little problematic for hunting. A nice sporterized like that would be a lot of fun.

A .358 NM in a Model 30 would be a great gun.
Posted By: Switch Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/16/18
Love the Jap! I want it!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/16/18
Good for you.

Not long ago, I picked up a copy of the Williams Gunsight book on sporterizing military rifles, same one I had as a kid in the 60s. Neat stuff, especially the prices! Those Arisakas are Hell for stout.
Posted By: K22 Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/17/18
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Good for you.

Not long ago, I picked up a copy of the Williams Gunsight book on sporterizing military rifles, same one I had as a kid in the 60s. Neat stuff, especially the prices! Those Arisakas are Hell for stout.

I've got that book Pappy. I bought it when it first came out. Wow, memories.

Hillbillybear,
Nice looking sporterized rifles. I love those old sporterized military rifles. Great memories too.
Posted By: blairvt Re: These Followed Me Home - 07/17/18
That is a nice looking Jap. Any more pictures of it?
Originally Posted by blairvt
That is a nice looking Jap. Any more pictures of it?

I will see if I can find some more.
© 24hourcampfire