Home
Posted By: kfbarter P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
There’s a Ackley made Mauser on GB that I presume is one of his Japanese made actions, P.O. Acley on side of action. It’s in 6mm Ackley. Curious what you guys think it’s worth.

Kent
Posted By: hanco Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
500.00. That’s my guess.
Posted By: kfbarter Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
That’d only be a bit more than an Interarms P.O. Ackley build in an Ackley caliber, but you maybe right. There were no takers at $1000 the first time through.

Kent
Posted By: blairvt Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
Originally Posted by kfbarter
There’s a Ackley made Mauser on GB that I presume is one of his Japanese made actions, P.O. Acley on side of action. It’s in 6mm Ackley. Curious what you guys think it’s worth.

Kent

Japanese made Mauser?
Posted By: model70man Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
I think he even had a few left hand actions made.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
Ackley had a number (I recall the quantity as being 200, of which 50 were said to be left-handed) of Mauser actions made in Japan. I think the info on these is in Frank De Haas' "Bolt Action Rifles".

I would love to find one of the left-handed ones. I would value the others the same as any other P.O. Ackley built Mauser.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
Very interesting thread here........ Even dug out my copy of Mr. DeHass' book to confirm that but my copy states that only 150 were made with 50 of them being left handed (p. 185 in my copy) before the company making them went bankrupt. So those things are quite rare; which is probably why I've heard of them but never seen one. Value of one is probably totally dependent on the overall condition of the rifle itself. If it were just the action I'd still have no idea but it would definitely command a premium.
Posted By: kfbarter Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/17/18
The seller doesn’t mention that it is Japanese, but P.O. Ackley on the side of the action indicates it is one of the Japanese actions. And it is in an Ackley caliber. Don’t think he is too far off on price, but it’s beyond my immediate resources.

A cool bit of rifle history.

Kent
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 07/18/18
Originally Posted by kfbarter
The seller doesn’t mention that it is Japanese, but P.O. Ackley on the side of the action indicates it is one of the Japanese actions. And it is in an Ackley caliber. Don’t think he is too far off on price, but it’s beyond my immediate resources.

A cool bit of rifle history.

Kent

If you pull the barreled action out of the stock, the bottom of the receiver, between the recoil lug and mag box cutout, should say "Made In Japan". And yes, the left hand variants are scarce.
Posted By: kfbarter Re: P.O. Ackley Mauser - 09/01/18
Seller pulled the action and it is stamped Japan, but he didn't add that to the listing.

Kent
© 24hourcampfire