Home
Posted By: StudDuck Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/02/18
Does anyone know who manufactures the lowest picatinny rail for a T3X?
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/02/18
The Warne Mountain Tech 0moa is pretty low. Area419 just released a Tikka rail that is very low despite being 20moa.
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Does anyone know who manufactures the lowest picatinny rail for a T3X?

I would use this one ...I like the locating pin on the bottom.

Mountain tactical picatinny
Posted By: KenMi Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/02/18
Yep, can't go wrong with Mountain Tactical items.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/02/18
[Linked Image]
The CTR rails are very low ain't they?
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[Linked Image]

Whose rings are those?

They fit Tikka dovetail?
https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/collections/scope-rings/products/30mm-scope-rings
APA Tru-Loc. They're Picatinny compatible AND $195. . wink I have no experience with them but they sure did a fine job IMO.
APA Tru-Loc. They're Picatinny compatible AND $195. . wink I have no experience with them but they sure did a fine job IMO.

They are great rings...I put them on a CA Mesa .

Yes. That's what I'd suggest and what I use for a low mount solution. You can find them used pretty cheap if you ask around.
Mountain tactical 0 MOA rail and APA 30mm lows:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Its a very close fit between the rail and the scope. Can’t go any lower with this combo.
Posted By: cotis Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/04/18
That is a great looking setup, Kimber.

I agree that the CTR rail is pretty nice. I have one on my CTR 😎. I debated switching for a canted rail but decided on Burris XTR II rings with the insert offsets. I went with 25 MOA, very happy with the setup.

For aftermarket rails and other items Mountain Tactical has been 1st rate for Tikka products.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/04/18
Sportsmatch with more budget scope (stock, and trigger guard LOL). (stolen pic, Castle Rock's I think) a bit lower to my eye, $53..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
No need for inclination with a decent scope, lower is better
[Linked Image]
Posted By: StudDuck Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/05/18
[Linked Image]

That's the direction I'm headed with rings, although I'd like to try a set of the 1" ARC rings.
Would this be the CTR rail? Rail
That doesn't look like the same rail as the ones that come on CTR's. The CTR rail is tapered on both ends and doesn't extend past the receiver.

Here's mine

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by wareagle700
That doesn't look like the same rail as the ones that come on CTR's. The CTR rail is tapered on both ends and doesn't extend past the receiver.

Here's mine

[Linked Image]

Yes, that appears to be a much more svelte rail. Aluminum or steel?
It's steel.
Posted By: StudDuck Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/07/18

Yes. That's what I'd suggest and what I use for a low mount solution. You can find them used pretty cheap if you ask around.

I've looked everywhere for the CTR rails and I have a WTB ad on the Classifieds. Do you know where I can find one?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/07/18
That's the ticket! Somebody needs to fire up the ol'CNC and make them. Or Tikka could do integral slots and all would be solved.
Originally Posted by StudDuck

I've looked everywhere for the CTR rails and I have a WTB ad on the Classifieds. Do you know where I can find one?

You can ask on other forums if you aren't having any luck here.

Snipers Hide is a good place if you are a member.
Posted By: tomt53 Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/07/18
I have a Tikka CTR 24" SS that came with the picatinny rail. I have a Leupold LRP VX-3i 6.5-20x50 coming from Optics Planet. Yesterday I started doing some measuring to see what height scope rings I would need. The rail that came on the CTR is very thin, so I decided to take it off and install the Mountain Tactical 20 MOA rail that I have. Removed the 5 screws expecting the rail to come off, nope, nada. Tikka must have bedded the rail to the receiver. Cleaned up the 5 screws, applied purple Loctite and torqued to 25 inch pounds. I took off my Leupold Mark 4 50mm scope with Mark 4 medium rings from another gun and tried it on the CTR, I could not fit a business card between the objective and the barrel. I wanted to use Leupold Mark 4 medium rings on the new scope, but that is to close.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Tikka T3X Picatinny Rail - 11/07/18
File it. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire