Home
Don't ya think?
No
I've got lotsa bucks.

They are a poor cash outlay.

Hint..................
I saw some Tikka’s on the shelf for more than 800 bucks...

So, not anymore.. they are shifting the product to a higher line of goods, and more expensive to boot.
No.
Custom can't hang
Other than twist rate,COAL,throat geometry and chambering...all on an action suited to same.

Hint....................
Yours shot pretty well.
Someone point me to the dude eating popcorn emoji, this should be about 8 pages of hate.
I can name that tune in 4 notes
Reality...don't need an emoji.

Hint...............
Absolutely! And be sure to use Peterson brass in them.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Other than twist rate,COAL,throat geometry and chambering...all on an action suited to same.

Hint....................

What is a Barrett Fieldcraft, Alex.

Barrett's for $500 please.
💩
Tikka, for those who can't save enough for Sako. Don't own a one.
Tikka.

For the CLUELESS.

Hint...................
Tikka.

For the CLUELESS.

Hint...................

How many options are really open for Lefty's tho ?
Few care,less than I. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
Tikka, for those who can't save enough for Sako. Don't own a one.

Is it Say-ko or Sock-o? The Sock-o guys seem a little snooty...pinky out types.
Sucko................
Few care,less than I. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

I was asking for advice.

Hint....
You "thought" you were.

Hint................
You "thought" you were.

Hint................

So if you're politely asked for advice, because of your outstanding knowledge and experience...you have no intentions of answering ?

Candid, yet courteous....Hint
That you cannot begin to keep pace,is solely upon your narrow shoulders. Your STUPIDITY,ain't my burden.

Hint...............
That you cannot begin to keep pace,is solely upon your narrow shoulders. Your STUPIDITY,ain't my burden.

Hint...............

Last question please,,,do you work at being a doochbag azzhole jerkoff, or does it come naturally to you ?

Hint.....
Cheer up...nobody can "make" you appear to be a Dumber Fhuqk,than you doing your BEST. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............
Cheer up...nobody can "make" you appear to be a Dumber Fhuqk,than you doing your BEST. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Tell me, why do you have gay colored tape on all your faquet guns ?, inquiring minds want to know how queers like you think.

Hint....
Tikka makes a good rifle.

But they are pricing themselves out of their market.

At $400 they were a steal.

At$6-700?
Weren't my intent to horn you up and bolster your Fashion Statements,nor coax you outta the closet(yet again). Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Bless your heart.........................
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

At$6-700?

More like $800 heading for $900 now
I only got one, a 223 with 1/7 twist. I think I paid 550 for it.
tikka's are a bargain at anything south of $800 imho.
16bore just how fast are ya trolling bud? ha!!
Big Ed
Tikka reliably misses throat geometry and mag "latitude",though they "laude" the schittiest DBM in da' bidness...and all upon a single length receiver.

FUNNY schit!

Hint....................
Stick, what recent out of the box rifle under 1k that you thought was a bargain and what chambering? No tweaking. Just out of the box. Thanks.
PSA AR's...for under $400.................
Bolts?
I am looking for a 6.5 cm for steel plate fun out to 550 and humble enough to listen.
Best bang for your buck is a higher end used gun.

For new guns, a synthetic blued Xbolt.
Ruger RAR with AICS footprinted DBM......................

I do like that arrangement.
I got my first one for 389.00 from sportsmans warehouse, that was a bargain. I got my 6.5creedmoore for 650.00 this past summer, I like it but I probably wouldn't spend more than that on one. Id like one in 300wsm but not for the prices they seem to be going for right now.
Tikka reliably misses throat geometry and mag "latitude",though they "laude" the schittiest DBM in da' bidness...and all upon a single length receiver.

FUNNY schit!

Hint....................

Ya, my Stainless tikka 6.5X55 swede kissing the lands with a 147 eld-m at 3.200 with 8 twist barrel.....Warne Rings and a Fixed 6 Super Chicken isn't no fun at all! The worst part is at $550 for the rifle $45 for Rings and $260 for the super chicken the entire setup cost me $855.

For just $1000 more I could have got a rifle that's 1/2" shorter, uses Creedmoor Lapua brass that cost $40 more per hundred than Swede Lapua Brass and almost shoots as well. I don't even want to bring up the fact that a fella named Form found the tikka platform to be more durable, dependable in bad weather than most every other brand including the Barrett Fieldcraft 😲 When one is roughing Alaskan weather that simple fact alone will trump....coal, throat geometry, etc,etc,etc! In fairness concerning geometry most tikka's dont lines up dotz like a swede. If you were to invite me to ala Alaska hunting I would gladly shoot your critter for you whilst your digging the mud and Frozen snow outta your Crafty rifle's action all while pissing on your trigger to unfreeze it. Just trying to be realistic 😁

Trystan

Got one en route for my 9 year old for Christmas- his first CF rifle. Already got the SS 6x to throw on top. I'm thinking he'll be pretty thrilled. I've had too many problems with the RAR CF rotary mags to endorse the original RAR as a utility rifle out of the box, but the AICS bottom "metal" removes my only real beef with the original. I ended up putting my rotary mag RAR in a MDT ESS to get away from the rotary mags and into AICS nirvana. The stupid things just shoot.

At$6-700?

I agree 100% and I’ve been a big proponent of the Tikkas. Currently own 3 of them. But they are IMO making the price too high. A SL SS Tikka at SW after Tax is over $800. At Cabelas they’re over $900. It’s a great rifle at $600-$650, but $800-$900 is too much. Even the ones at Whittaker after FFL /background check fees puts it just under $800. Can’t imagine they won’t see a reduction in sales this year with the price increase. Defendants of Tikkas will say we’ll what else would you buy that would compare? If I’m at $800-$900 for a Tikka I’m spending more and getting something else. If a guy wanted to put a Tikka in a Mc Edge now your into that Tikka for $1400 and you still have a plastic trigger guard, and mag. Just not seeing it.
Glad I already have 5 as I was thinking the same thing.
Teekers remain a poor value.

Literally by design..................
I like my Tikka, but I’d vote for my Marlin XL7 for best bang for the buck.
Too funny!

Hint................
The best bang for the buck is often used rifles, especially those chambered for non-varmint cartridges. Half my rifles came to me used and you can't tell which were new or used by the way they shoot.

If "bang for the buck" is defined as "bang/cost", then nothing beats a functional rifle that is free. As cost decreases, "bang for the buck" approaches infinity.
Tikkas are accurate and functional, but I in now way consider them to be a bargain anymore. I’m not paying the current prices for a rifle that (in my opinion) has no soul.
The best bang for the buck is often used rifles, especially those chambered for non-varmint cartridges. Half my rifles came to me used and you can't tell which were new or used by the way they shoot.

THIS
If a Tikka is not in your price budget the T/C Venture will almost hang with a Tikka in accuracy for several hundred $$ less.
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

At$6-700?

I agree 100% and I’ve been a big proponent of the Tikkas. Currently own 3 of them. But they are IMO making the price too high. A SL SS Tikka at SW after Tax is over $800. At Cabelas they’re over $900. It’s a great rifle at $600-$650, but $800-$900 is too much. Even the ones at Whittaker after FFL /background check fees puts it just under $800. Can’t imagine they won’t see a reduction in sales this year with the price increase. Defendants of Tikkas will say we’ll what else would you buy that would compare? If I’m at $800-$900 for a Tikka I’m spending more and getting something else. If a guy wanted to put a Tikka in a Mc Edge now your into that Tikka for $1400 and you still have a plastic trigger guard, and mag. Just not seeing it.

This is one time I agree with Big Stick.

Tikka's aren't necessarily bad. At old Whittaker pricing, for the trigger, stock and the way they shoot you could overlook the mag length, action length, twist rate, etc.

Now they're approaching $800. If you're looking for a turn-key rifle you're in Browning territory. May not be a favorite here, but they're paying attention with the twist rates and mag lengths for around the same price. They also shoot. Kimber Hunter is in here too, and they aren't getting bad reviews either.

Want to save a hundred or so? Pick up a Bergara.

Put a couple hundred more with it... because honestly whats $200 more when you're at $800, now you can get a Montana, or a CA.
I got my first Tikka a year ago, it was $454 out the door at Sportsmans Warehouse. With the prices they are charging for new one, I'm not paying it. If I find another one on clearance and under $550, maybe. I wish I would have bought one about 5 years ago I found on clearance at Sports Authority, I believe it was $299 or $349 out the door. I just remember it was under $350 and when I went back to get one, everyone of them were gone.

Despite their virtues, no.
There's a lot of lower priced rifles that shoot as well as a Tikka, in my experience. My Ruger American, TC Venture, Weatherby Vanguard and a couple Savages match my Tikka for accuracy.
About 15 years ago -thought i'd try one to see what all the innerweb hype was about -looked around tikka website picked out a 260 model - CAN'T GET THAT MODEL IN THE STATES
Picked out a 338fed -can't get that model in the States - never gave them another thought .
An old dressed up tuned up R-700 is plenty good enough for me .
Originally Posted by Richdeerhunter
There's a lot of lower priced rifles that shoot as well as a Tikka, in my experience. My Ruger American, TC Venture, Weatherby Vanguard and a couple Savages match my Tikka for accuracy.
Huh, my Tikka easily out shoots my Venture, Vanguard, Ruger 77 and Savages.
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by Dogger
i suppose a Tikka T3X or Sauer 100 XT Classic in 270 would be dang near bulletproof...

T3x Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. Anything else and you are leaving accuracy, precision, and shootability on the table for no gain.

I see nearly half a million rounds a year get shot, and while most isn't from bolt guns quite a bit is, and Tikka's are the least finicky, easiest to get shooting, and least troublesome rifles available.

I never stated one couldn’t hunt with a 700. You, and a lot of people believe that Remington 700 rifles (and others) are superior designed and better/more reliable/etc. From a mechanical and execution perspective- that’s not the case. Mechanically and executionaly the Tikka trigger, barrel, stock, and action is better.

This has little to do with the “sandbox” and everything to do with lots of rounds and lots of examples of both. In hunting and competition I have personally seen or had happen to me with 700 based guns- frozen triggers and frozen firing pins from both ice/slush and dust/sand. One bolt handle come off as well as a couple of triggers that failed and fired when the safety was taken off. Multiple locked of bolts due to sand/dust, and bolts that could be closed due to same. A T3 isn’t an AI, but side by side they have not suffered the same rate of issues as 700’s.

The Tikka isn’t perfect, but it’s very good. [/quote

[quote=Formidilosus]

I’m not making anything up. And no, not all enclosed triggers work the same nor do they all suffer the same issues. The most reliable action and trigger system by far is Accuracy International SWS’s. That has been proven by every single military trail where the rifles were legitimately tested. They have an closed trigger, and have outdone M98’s, M70’s, M700’s, etc. in multiple tests. The next closest guns have been Sako TRG’s (especially their newest 2 stage trigger) which is at worst a sister to the T3. The T3 has been tested by two countries, and is fielded by more entities than most know.

I like most people, used to think of Tikka as a budget gun. However after using them heavily, seeing the results of how they performed in two military trials, and seeing about every failure that can happen occur with every popular action/rifle/trigger- I would take a Tikka over any other action/rifle for general hunting and shooting. The Barret is an excellent true mountain hunting rifle, but for a general shooter and hunter the T3 Lite is unmatched.

Regardless of how they were advertised or thought of, and regardless of how many issues and custom Rem 700’s and clones I’ve owned and used, the Tikka T3/T3x’s get more right.

All Remington’s and all Remington clones (Surgeon/Stiller/GAP/etc) suffer from the same problem, and there is no way to replace it... the trigger. The way Remington 700 compatible trigger are made means they will have reliability issues. It has shown up in every military dust and ice test. AI, Sako TRG, and Tikka T3 triggers all do better in the same conditions. Couple that with better reliability of the bolt design in dust/dirt and ice conditions, better barrels with chambers cut correctly, bolt handles that don’t fall off, actions that don’t need to be squared and trued, scopes mounting holes that are concentric and square, a 2.5 lb factory trigger, not to mention one of the/the smoothest actions made that is extremely resistant to binding, and you are right.... there is no comparison.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
[quote=Dogger]i suppose a Tikka T3X or Sauer 100 XT Classic in 270 would be dang near bulletproof...

T3x Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. Anything else and you are leaving accuracy, precision, and shootability on the table for no gain.

I see nearly half a million rounds a year get shot, and while most isn't from bolt guns quite a bit is, and Tikka's are the least finicky, easiest to get shooting, and least troublesome rifles available.

I never stated one couldn’t hunt with a 700. You, and a lot of people believe that Remington 700 rifles (and others) are superior designed and better/more reliable/etc. From a mechanical and execution perspective- that’s not the case. Mechanically and executionaly the Tikka trigger, barrel, stock, and action is better.

This has little to do with the “sandbox” and everything to do with lots of rounds and lots of examples of both. In hunting and competition I have personally seen or had happen to me with 700 based guns- frozen triggers and frozen firing pins from both ice/slush and dust/sand. One bolt handle come off as well as a couple of triggers that failed and fired when the safety was taken off. Multiple locked of bolts due to sand/dust, and bolts that could be closed due to same. A T3 isn’t an AI, but side by side they have not suffered the same rate of issues as 700’s.

I’m not making anything up. And no, not all enclosed triggers work the same nor do they all suffer the same issues. The most reliable action and trigger system by far is Accuracy International SWS’s. That has been proven by every single military trail where the rifles were legitimately tested. They have an closed trigger, and have outdone M98’s, M70’s, M700’s, etc. in multiple tests. The next closest guns have been Sako TRG’s (especially their newest 2 stage trigger) which is at worst a sister to the T3. The T3 has been tested by two countries, and is fielded by more entities than most know.

I like most people, used to think of Tikka as a budget gun. However after using them heavily, seeing the results of how they performed in two military trials, and seeing about every failure that can happen occur with every popular action/rifle/trigger- I would take a Tikka over any other action/rifle for general hunting and shooting. The Barret is an excellent true mountain hunting rifle, but for a general shooter and hunter the T3 Lite is unmatched.

Regardless of how they were advertised or thought of, and regardless of how many issues and custom Rem 700’s and clones I’ve owned and used, the Tikka T3/T3x’s get more right.

All Remington’s and all Remington clones (Surgeon/Stiller/GAP/etc) suffer from the same problem, and there is no way to replace it... the trigger. The way Remington 700 compatible trigger are made means they will have reliability issues. It has shown up in every military dust and ice test. AI, Sako TRG, and Tikka T3 triggers all do better in the same conditions. Couple that with better reliability of the bolt design in dust/dirt and ice conditions, better barrels with chambers cut correctly, bolt handles that don’t fall off, actions that don’t need to be squared and trued, scopes mounting holes that are concentric and square, a 2.5 lb factory trigger, not to mention one of the/the smoothest actions made that is extremely resistant to binding, and you are right.... there is no comparison.
Yep. I agree with every word of that. As someone who has been in the gunsmithing trade for 10 years now I'm continually astonished at how incapable of evaluating the quality/precision of construction of a rifle even the most avid shooters/hunters really are. The Tikka's walk all over any of the American made rifles I'm farmiliar with and have worked on by a long shot. Remingtons are horrible in design and precision of construction and most of the others mentioned here aren't much better, I particularly get a kick out of folks who proclain such as the T/C Venture or Compas as nearly the equal of a Tikka. It ain't even close.
Originally Posted by JeffRaines
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

At$6-700?

This is one time I agree with Big Stick.

Tikka's aren't necessarily bad. At old Whittaker pricing, for the trigger, stock and the way they shoot you could overlook the mag length, action length, twist rate, etc.

Now they're approaching $800. If you're looking for a turn-key rifle you're in Browning territory. May not be a favorite here, but they're paying attention with the twist rates and mag lengths for around the same price. They also shoot. Kimber Hunter is in here too, and they aren't getting bad reviews either.

Want to save a hundred or so? Pick up a Bergara.

Put a couple hundred more with it... because honestly whats $200 more when you're at $800, now you can get a Montana, or a CA.

This is the second time I've recently read that Browning is changing the twist rate on certain rifles. I checked Browning's website and couldn't find evidence of this. What make/model of rifle are they changing. Hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.
Are Tikka short actions, not "really" short action length ?,,,or am I misunderstanding a few members posts.
All of the actions are the same length.
Originally Posted by 16bore

Thank you Sir,

What are the ramifications of that design ?
I've purhased several Steyr Pro Hunters and/or Mountain Rifles between $435 and $750.

I've found them to be a fine "bang" for the buck......

[Linked Image]

and hoglets!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Thank you Sir,

What are the ramifications of that design ?

Whining.....
Originally Posted by Blackheart
[quote=Dogger]i suppose a Tikka T3X or Sauer 100 XT Classic in 270 would be dang near bulletproof...

Yep. I agree with every word of that. As someone who has been in the gunsmithing trade for 10 years now I'm continually astonished at how incapable of evaluating the quality/precision of construction of a rifle even the most avid shooters/hunters really are. The Tikka's walk all over any of the American made rifles I'm farmiliar with and have worked on by a long shot. Remingtons are horrible in design and precision of construction and most of the others mentioned here aren't much better, I particularly get a kick out of folks who proclain such as the T/C Venture or Compas as nearly the equal of a Tikka. It ain't even close.

This isn't about reality it's about how a certain gun might make you feel. Feelings are important. When it comes to firearms a fairly conservative group of fellas can go a bit snowflake 😁

Facts don't care about feelings........BEN SHAPIRO

Trystan
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Joan,

You couldn't rebarrel a milkshake,with a fresh straw.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................
[Linked Image]
HAAAhaaaaaahaHAHAAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
Elkchunt,

You suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................
[Linked Image]
Elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Not really all the same length. The bolts are all the same, yes. But the magazines are modified for shorter cartridges, and the bolt stop is different, which makes a long action into a short action. So, it really makes no difference how long the bolt is. The bolt stop determines the action length. It could be made into a 22 LR length, and that is as long as the "action" would be.
A short action Tikka has no longer of a bolt stroke than a specific short action.
[Linked Image]
A long action doesn't "become" a short action,despite all of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

Hint................
elkchunt,

Whattya' figure the odds are,on you not schitting your pants today? 50/50? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............
[Linked Image]
elkchunt,

Mebbe start a Thread on the BIG Day,when you can drive yourself and "shoot" a rifle. Congratulations?!?

On pins & needles here!

Until then,you've got your GoogleFu and plagiarism,to keep your mind offa your schitty diaper(s).

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........
[Linked Image]
Elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Good to see you’ve somehow survived yet another night in Alaska, I don’t know how you do it?

Gas heat, indoor plumbing, electricity, grocery stores, gas stations, internet, I’m amazed you’ve made it this long.

Great job, please keep us posted on your amazing stories of survival.....
Originally Posted by RBO
Elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

Good to see you’ve somehow survived yet another night in Alaska, I don’t know how you do it?

Gas heat, indoor plumbing, electricity, grocery stores, gas stations, internet, I’m amazed you’ve made it this long.

BO,

You "hard" "chargers" really get after it. Congratulations?!?

You've a Magnificent Whine and your copious Insecurities,are very WELL founded.

Bless your heart.

I see somebody got a nappy.....
elkchunt,

This is what The Outdoors looks like and now you can say you've "seen" it. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............
[Linked Image]
I see somebody got a nappy.....

They gotta roll Elkchunt over a coupla times a day,to change her diapers and try to prevent bed sores...the "lucky" kchunt.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!.............
That’s hilarious.
She's gets flustered easily and cain't orient a picture by herself.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!............
Pics are always better,with a smidge of color,some mood to catch atmospherics and correct orientation.

[Linked Image]

Hint..................(grin)
[Linked Image]
Nice to catch that daybreak glow................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Though shooting into that harsh light,don't help much...on the other side of the 1200yd line...................

[Linked Image]
I'll swap you a bottle of hand sanitizer for your Tikka....
The Teekers are fhuqking hilarious and it's never not a good time,to bust out the laughs.

It's akin to Peterson brass funny!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And schit don't get ANY fhuqking funnier than that!

Hint...............
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

laugh
A little fill flash,before day breaks all the way...............

[Linked Image]
I've seen glue,come in handy too..................

[Linked Image]
Same goes Hi-vis ink...............

[Linked Image]
Adds a leetle mood,to Bokeh a Bitch.

[Linked Image]

Google it.

Laughing!...........
Sometimes it's nice to shoot backlit and gather up some movement..........

[Linked Image]
Or gun the light in one's favor,to add detail...while still catchin' movement.............

[Linked Image]
A backlit Silly Wet can add some mood to the equation.

[Linked Image]

Pardon Reality,trumpin' GoogleFu Plagiarism.

Laughing!...............
Shooting the opposite way,tells the whole story..........

[Linked Image]
Sometimes it's nice to mix it all up..............

[Linked Image]
Reflections can be nice............

[Linked Image]
Sometimes is nice to mix it up...especially on the rare ones.........

[Linked Image]
A simple finger,can connect dots and add perspective to the equation..........

[Linked Image]
Much to be said,for connecting all dots..............

[Linked Image]
Nice to capture facial expression............

[Linked Image]
Though an oblique angle can work...........

[Linked Image]
For me,it's all about the colors.........

[Linked Image]
A sliver of light,is all it takes..........

[Linked Image]
Or a coupla slivers...........

[Linked Image]
Sometimes you gotta toss some flash around.............

[Linked Image]
BINGO!

LAUGHING!...........
Beautiful pictures! Thanks!
This is beautiful............

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by RBO
Elkchunt,

Bless your heart.

BO,

You "hard" "chargers" really get after it. Congratulations?!?

You've a Magnificent Whine and your copious Insecurities,are very WELL founded.

Bless your heart.

That’s it? I figured the almost unsurvivable existence you lead that perhaps you would have come up with a stronger more meaningful insult.

Nice to see you were able to post some pics of shiny brass, electrical tape and fish though, and the paper you were able to sneak up on.

Special.
Noone can insult you,better than you can...by you simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No need to infer that you hang upon my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel as you "live" vicariously,because it goes without saying. Just saying.

You CLUELESS Window Licking Dumb Fhuqks,are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............
Great pictures !
A Shefire Buck.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!.............
Bird Dog............

[Linked Image]
Buck Brush............

[Linked Image]
Backlit heavy shadows..............

[Linked Image]
A few..............

[Linked Image]
3 days on the Internet and counting.
Backlit Baby Bean............

[Linked Image]
Light fading fast...............

[Linked Image]
Noone can insult you,better than you can...by you simply doing your best. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No need to infer that you hang upon my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel as you "live" vicariously,because it goes without saying. Just saying.

You CLUELESS Window Licking Dumb Fhuqks,are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

That’s more like the abused little grump I know.

Great pics you ignorant prik. Thanks for posting.

Here’s to hoping you survive another day!
Sucking my ass,ain't gonna getcha' anywhere...but what other "move" could you "make"? Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...........
1000 Words.........

[Linked Image]
Some motion........

[Linked Image]
This is beautiful............

[Linked Image]

gosh dam thats purty,,,,
Purty..........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purty funny............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Elkchunt,

You ALMOST made it Outdoors! Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............
B&W brush............

[Linked Image]
Front yard...........

[Linked Image]
Front yard.........

[Linked Image]
Front yard...............

[Linked Image]
Play Toy...........

[Linked Image]
Ice Ice Baby...........

[Linked Image]
Ooops!...............

[Linked Image]
A few fish................

[Linked Image]
Oops.................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purty..........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Is that you under the hat? Probably one of your better pics, you should use it as a profile pic or something.

You’re fixation with guys on this forum sucking your ass would be thought of as strange if I thought you were straight.
When did a Tikka thread become a subscription to National Geographic? I’m not paying for it. 😎
Is this better Beaver10?
[Linked Image]
Super pics, Stick.
Prolly quite a bit better than that.(grin)

But I'm at ease in sandbagging.

Wheels up bitches...perhaps one of you will get offa the couch?!?

Laughing!...........
😂😎
Well, at least we can be sure they aren't from Google images. Nobody else can compete with that level...…….hint
Hence why I said the 'Fire is a better place when 'Stick is able to post more than once a day.
Originally Posted by moosemike
Hence why I said the 'Fire is a better place when 'Stick is able to post more than once a day.

Lil Fish might get a bit to far out over his skies at time on rifle stuff but the pictures are always welcome.

I am glad I could get his posting privileges back and the new softer Lil Fish seems nice. grin
YOU GOT HIM BACK? What, are an idiot or what?
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
YOU GOT HIM BACK? What, are an idiot or what?

I was bored.

Nobody said I was smart. laugh
Stick on a string........epic
Stick on a string........epic

[Linked Image]

Rick Bin has been blowing up my phone and email in an effort to get me back posting on 24hrCF.

As part of a particularly lucrative deal including stock options and cash payments I agreed but only if my close personal friend Lil Fish was allowed limited posting privileges.

Just how I roll. laugh
Just spent 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back thinking I'd learn something new about Tikka rifles...………………..

All I learned was that Tikkas have gone up in price, Peterson brass flash holes are cut with a dull air nibbler, Remingtons suck, Brownings twist rates may or may not be thoughtfully done, and although Big Stick takes some awesome pictures, he has the gayest paintjobs on his rifles I've ever seen.
Not true...We learned that JB is depositing C Notes from Bin...Hannibal is running around buck necked showing his ass on every subsection available here. People are scared. Doors are being bolted. Women are being told to stay inside, and I have a blazing fugg’n headache from all the splendid pixels...😎
John, you need to get Rcamuglia posting again.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
John, you need to get Rcamuglia posting again.

Truth.

Maybe if we all quit bashing each other a few posters from the old days might find time to come back and add a bit to the Campfire.

To his credit Big Stick might be doing much to lead the way.

I really feel like singing that Cumbia song stuff right now. grin
It's too bad Mark Dobrenski doesn't post anymore either.
3 days of posting hell....worse than a teen
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Lil Fish might get a bit to far out over his skies at time on rifle stuff but the pictures are always welcome.

I am glad I could get his posting privileges back and the new softer Lil Fish seems nice. grin

Do you remember I used to call you Mr Burns ?

I’ve changed my mind now.

Jerry
I think mr. Burns fell and hit his fu cking head. My condolences.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I think mr. Burns fell and hit his fu cking head. My condolences.

Ouch?? grin
I find Burns to be a slight notch above the AK gnome in the pallatability department. A little of him goes a long, long ways. I just ignore the thread killer, especially since he's been let out of his cellar.

I've always wondered how being a perpetual PITA bodes well for the company you own, work for, or whatever Burns does when you're trying to sell the hunting public something.
I find Burns to be a slight notch above the AK gnome in the pallatability department. A little of him goes a long, long ways. I just ignore the thread killer, especially since he's been let out of his cellar.

I've always wondered how being a perpetual PITA bodes well for the company you own, work for, or whatever Burns does when you're trying to sell the hunting public something.

At least Stick has a sense of humor. And, if you ask politely, will give you useful information without stroking his own ego.

The orange man, not so much.

+ plus side is the gnome works 2 weeks and has off 2 so we will only get him 1/2 the time anyway. The little bastige posts quite a bit in the time he is here though.
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Just spent 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back thinking I'd learn something new about Tikka rifles...………………..

All I learned was that Tikkas have gone up in price, Peterson brass flash holes are cut with a dull air nibbler, Remingtons suck, Brownings twist rates may or may not be thoughtfully done, and although Big Stick takes some awesome pictures, he has the gayest paintjobs on his rifles I've ever seen.

Sounds to me like you got educated proper.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
And, if you ask politely, will give you useful information without stroking his own ego.

Nope
And, if you ask politely, will give you useful information without stroking his own ego.

He helped me a great deal years ago when I had questions about setting up my dies. Very knowledgeable and willing to help.

Then he turned into a dick, for reasons I have yet to ascertain. So he’s on ignore.

Funny thing, I still consult his advice when I’m setting up new dies. Saved it in Word.

P
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

So if you're politely asked for advice, because of your outstanding knowledge and experience...you have no intentions of answering ?

Candid, yet courteous....Hint

Hint...............

Yep, a self absorbed dick
He "helps" if you wanna duplicate his schit. But ask for help setting up a Savage 270 with a Vortex scope and see what happens.

Either way, pure entertainment....gets the click bait count up for the advertisers I'm sure.
But ask for help setting up a Savage 270 with a Vortex scope .

If a dude wants to stick his fingers in a drawer and slam it shut on them, he’s free to do as he pleases.... however, I’m not going to “help” him.
I tried to follow, but those Krylon fumes and colored duct tape were too much of a pain in the ass
He "helps" if you wanna duplicate his schit. But ask for help setting up a Savage 270 with a Vortex scope and see what happens.

Either way, pure entertainment....gets the click bait count up for the advertisers I'm sure.

lol
Luckily we have other great members here like yourself, so ignoring him is as easy as "1 click".

Hint....

This. ^^^

I try to read, decipher and learn from what he's saying. There is knowledge to be gleaned from his experience/posts. His delivery is crude, but so f'n what. I'm thick-skinned, my feelings don't get hurt easy, so I value his opinions. That said, I value a lot of the guy's advice that have him on ignore.....to each his own.

On Page No. 1 of this thread, I predicted eight pages of hate, lol. We're on Page 10. As 16B said, "Either way, pure entertainment."
As far as Tikka's go Stick is dead on. They shoot and they are light but they look funny and there should be a short action. Wouldn't own one anyway. Stick ought to buy one and start working on customer service in his own way. Now that would be worth watching.
You musta missed that episode....
OK, we learned that Tikka's are too expensive, Remington's 700 design has too many issues to make it a great rifle and Ruger Americans with the after market magazine are da bomb. Someone tell me about the Ruger 77 before it became known as the Hawkeye. Where do they fit in, are they worth the money and what is the current value of one in .223 with very few rounds and the synthetic stock. If it was talked about I didn't see it. If Big Stick wants to jump in and give an answer I'll read but I'm open to input.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
OK, we learned that Tikka's are too expensive, Remington's 700 design has too many issues to make it a great rifle and Ruger Americans with the after market magazine are da bomb. Someone tell me about the Ruger 77 before it became known as the Hawkeye. Where do they fit in, are they worth the money and what is the current value of one in .223 with very few rounds and the synthetic stock. If it was talked about I didn't see it. If Big Stick wants to jump in and give an answer I'll read but I'm open to input.

kwg

A Ruger M77 is worth the money and a .223 in a synthetic stock (just my SWAG) is worth about $500 +/-.

Has really nice hair though! Ha! Bet he carries a comb for pictures.

kwg

A Ruger M77 is worth the money and a .223 in a synthetic stock (just my SWAG) is worth about $500 +/-.

Thank you. Now I have a benchmark to move forward. If anyone has anything negative to say about the M77 (other than it's a Ruger) please let me know.

kwg
The Ruger M77 Hawkeye is one of the best feeling/handling rifles I've ever hunted.
It’s too bad there’s so many people here who are so content to ruin cool threads, this could have been an awesome one. Oh well.
Been happening on many threads.
Probably have to get used to the panty raids. Big boy has a Tikka. DBM'ed it as I recall. It's OK to do that to any other rifle though. Tikka mags suck with 75's. So does a 700 ADL unless you monkey with the spacer in the mag box. Then the sucky trigger that takes 2 seconds to adjust. Oh, then the "ergos" because it's hard to fit that big noggin behind the stock. Speaking of the stock, it sucks too, don't forget. And the loooong action which sucks all the soul out of it, almost making it inoperable and waaay to heavy.

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

5 gallon bucket of chum. Wait for it....wait for it. 5 more pages, minimum.

kwg

In 2014 I bought a used Ruger MKII .223 for $475 at Cabelas. Stainless/laminate. Thought if the barrel was shot out I'd rebarrel to a faster twist, but it shot bugholes with 40g bullets. If I need more than 40g I've got options in .243, .257, 6.5 and up. Most of my bolt rifles are Ruger - M77, MKII and Hawkeye. All but one is a keeper.
Probably have to get used to the panty raids. Big boy has a Tikka. DBM'ed it as I recall. It's OK to do that to any other rifle though. Tikka mags suck with 75's. So does a 700 ADL unless you monkey with the spacer in the mag box. Then the sucky trigger that takes 2 seconds to adjust. Oh, then the "ergos" because it's hard to fit that big noggin behind the stock. Speaking of the stock, it sucks too, don't forget. And the loooong action which sucks all the soul out of it, almost making it inoperable and waaay to heavy.

Yep, that long action is the suckiest

After all, with the bolt stop it is as short a throw, as a short action.

And the weight? A "short action" Tikka is soooo heavy for a normal prodduction gun.

And the ability to change bolt stop and magazines to seat bullets out farther?
Hell that's worthless, if you don't have to pay to get the action machined, then buy
a special $300 aftermarket set up that uses $70 magazines.

After them darn Tikky mags cost $50.

And everyone can tell they are junk.

(No one seems to break them though)

Well a drunk ass, Alaskan retard, that willfully abuses his equipment, and
molests young innocent virgin brass? He could break an anvil.
I'm supplized nobody aye eyed one....
I wouldn't say "nobody" grin

kwg

Thank you. Now I have a benchmark to move forward. If anyone has anything negative to say about the M77 (other than it's a Ruger) please let me know.

kwg

You're welcome.
Maybe he got a yearly maximum quota instead of daily. So, he probably burned it up already.
Like a drunk rationing Grey Goose
Ken, sorry but that’s not the case.

? ? ? ? ?

Jerry
Originally Posted by jwall
Ken, sorry but that’s not the case.

? ? ? ? ?

Jerry

Happy birthday Jerry!!

All good reasons to hate on the Tikka. I guess, if you are a midget with short arms. That extra 1/2" length of the action is just too hard for some to deal with... You know, they make chipmunk rifles for those that cant run a man sized rifle... whistle
Got a few Sakos, need a 1in8 22-250 Tikka

At least Stick has a sense of humor. And, if you ask politely, will give you useful information without stroking his own ego.

The orange man, not so much.

Is that about the spray tan on the face?
© 24hourcampfire