Home
Who's shooting one?

How's the accuracy? Any issues with MAGPUL mags not seating properly?

What's your favor load for varmints? Plinking?

Groups?
What twist barrel??
I wrote this up last summer

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...iew-of-ruger-american-ranch#Post13082422
I've got one... shoot everything pretty well. Will put green tip ball ammo in a 1/2 all day long. Great for deer/hogs with a can on the end. Love mine smile
Good write up.

I need to wring mine out a bit more, but it was showing promise last week wit some ammo I just happened to have in the shooting box.

I have the PMAG version.
I've got one as well and really like it. The stock is much stiffer than my 300BO ranch with the horrid rotary mags.

I run mine with a Griffin Armament can and it's been really accurate. Mostly shot HPR bulk with L.C. brass and 55 grain V-maxes a lot of 1/2 to 3/4 5 shot groups and suppressed was dead on horizontal and an inch higher than just braked.

Haven't had any problems running magpul 10 rounders and can't see running 20's or 30's.

The 5.56 gun does have me thinking about my 300 and what to do with it. It's an accurate gun but only 1 of my 3 mags feed well. I know I could sell it and get a newer model w/ar style mags but its accurate and we have some history together. Will probably put it in a MDT chassis stock with a folding butt stock like what Huntsman 22 has.
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I've got one... shoot everything pretty well. Will put green tip ball ammo in a 1/2 all day long. Great for deer/hogs with a can on the end. Love mine smile

Laughing! 1/2" groups with 62 gr. green-tip penetrator?
That must be a VERY special rifle, or you must shoot at very short yardage.
Bump
NV - it is a pretty good gun... thanks
My brother has the16" ranch version with 5 round rotary magazines. It is a shooter. I bought one of the 18" compacts long before the Ranch rifle was introduced to have a compact 223 bolt gun and I'm pleased too. Would like to get one of the new versions that takes AR mags.
I MUCH prefer their 223 chamber,over the "NATO"...due throat geometry.

Even in AICS DBM's.....................
© 24hourcampfire