Home
Posted By: Buzzaw 6mm Creedmoor VS .22 Creedmoor - 12/28/18
Looking for pro's/con's

Beside the obvious, no factory rifles, they seem to be pretty close in performance re; (80-100) gr bullets going about the same velocity.

Any real world suggestions?
243 win or 22-250. The creedmoor in anything but .264 is wiping your azz on a hoop.
Originally Posted by Buzzaw
Looking for pro's/con's

Beside the obvious, no factory rifles, they seem to be pretty close in performance re; (80-100) gr bullets going about the same velocity.

Any real world suggestions?

Barrett makes their outstanding Fieldcraft in 6 creed ....
What's the intended use?
Savage makes a 6mm Crede too.
Creedmoors are solutions to problems no one really had...
Oh schit....Legba be coming 'round now....
prairie dogs to whitetail
6mm Creed fixes the problem of a 1:10 twist .243, and I'd imagine the .22 Creedmoor does the same for slow twist .22-250 rifles.
Originally Posted by Seafire

you could say the same about the 243 and 22/250 , being as we had the Roberts , 250 Savage and the Swift many years before those johnny come lately cartridges showed up

the Creeds are simply a better designed case and better suited to most of the existing short actions......they aint going away soon.........

I might need to call Sierra and confirm this assertion.... you have their number handy?
I'd buy a 6 Creedmoor before most 243s simply because, as stated, twist.
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

I might need to call Sierra and confirm this assertion.... you have their number handy?

Haha
The 22 creed is the only one that horns me up
I'd happily play with any of the Creedmoor iterations. 22 would be a hoot for deer, yotes, and whatever else.

Kinda nice seeing factory stuff on the shelf for the 6. Loading, finding time for it, can be a PITA.
Ya a 22 with 75 sirocco' s would be a dandy buck huntin iron..
Ever hear any talk of making .224 legal in WA?
These sound really cool... thinking about maybe trying them both...

Been trying to decide between a 6mm X Bolt Hells Canyon speed or putting a new barrel on a 243. Probably just go the 6 Creed route.
Originally Posted by Judman
Ya a 22 with 75 sirocco' s would be a dandy buck huntin iron..

I would be in.
257 Creedpong is gonna be the shizza......
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'd buy a 6 Creedmoor before most 243s simply because, as stated, twist.

...or if you're tired of trimming cases. That brass has to come from someplace. .243 probably is a better choice for lighter bullets or for a guy with a bunch of brass and dies on hand. Got the Creed, but bought a $249 Vanguard .243 to use up my components.

No everyone around us can, but not us...Dumb
Originally Posted by Judman

No everyone around us can, but not us...Dumb

Same in VA. Once they cross the border, they're bullet proof.
$21/box for match grade 6 Creed ammo, with .550+ BC at 2900+.... is a lot of wins. Can’t do that with many rounds....
Originally Posted by Cinch

Shut the front door!!!

LMAO!!!!
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by Cinch

Shut the front door!!!

I know the perfect platform for both of them........
Originally Posted by 16bore
257 Creedpong is gonna be the shizza......

NOPE bullets are way too dumpy - just like the 8mm .

Sure Dog....

Ask for Donald....
22" Tikka T3 in 6CM would be dandy...

Lapuas for the win........

[Linked Image]
Fieldcraft 6mm Creed would be my first choice but would buy a 22 Creed in same platform if possible.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sure Dog....

Ask for Donald....

I got the number yesterday..... I just said “Siri, help me find my gut-shot deer”... she dialed Sierra right up... that chic is a genius.
Haha god damn I’m crying!!! Lmao
Heavy bullets in fast twist barrels is what's driving the current markets, like it or not.

Problems -
260 = 1:9
243 = 1:10
22-250 = 1:14

Solutions-
6.5CM = 1:8
6CM = 1:8 (1:7.7 in my Ruger)
22CM = 1:7-1:8 if/ when it goes to SAAMI

Yes, you could say easier solution is to just make faster twist barrels in the older standards, but the ammo is going to be made to the lowest common denominator. Bubba Joe's 1969 Rem 700 most likely isn't going to stabilize factory 108 gr ELD 243 ammo. Same reasons the 257R, 6.5x55, 7x57, etc are all loaded down by factories, lowest common denominator is rifles that may not handle the pressure.

As to the original 22 vs 6, yea in similar weight bullets they're pretty close, just like a 223 vs 6x45. Ive already got the 6CM and it's been a dandy, not even counting the price I paid. I am still REALLY considering a 22CM on a Win 70 FWT I've got in 243 that just doesn't shoot as good as my 243 EABCO bbl'd Encore or my 6CM. And a 22CM is going to shoot the heavy 224 pills faster than my 22 Nosler. It would be great for my treks to MT and WY for deer and goats
^^^^ this ^^^^
© 24hourcampfire