Posted By: Buzzaw SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
what have you heard?

what would you like?
Posted By: barm Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
The Remington 700 CDL SF Limited will be chambered in 25-06
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
I know what I want ain’t a rumor grin
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
That Ruger is finally opening a "Custom Shop". About time I'd say.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Fieldcraft 280AI? smile
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Winchester chambers the M 70 in .300 H&H for the SHOT SHOW Special.

Winchester makes the M 101 in 20 gauge.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

And last years chambering was the 6.5 creed. Might see your 300 h&h about March of 2020!
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Great! I'll have money for it then! smile
Posted By: 257James Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
A Kimber Super America in 257 Roberts would suit me fine grin
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

Fieldcraft 280AI? smile

Yes....and Barrett also changed the design of the long action Fieldcraft to a 3.7" mag box. This insider info is worth about as much as you paid for it....
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

Fieldcraft 280AI? smile

Yes....and Barrett also changed the design of the long action Fieldcraft to a 3.7" mag box. This insider info is worth about as much as you paid for it....

Just like my insider stock info . . . it's likely to cost me money smile
Posted By: KenMi Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/28/18
Heard there will be a new ice cream flavor for Doug to try.
And that might just be the highlight of the show
Posted By: skeen Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Originally Posted by 257Deland
A Kimber Super America in 257 Roberts would suit me fine grin

They are some pretty rifles. smile
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
The new CZ 457 will be interesting with all the changes.......Hb
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
That Ruger is finally opening a "Custom Shop". About time I'd say.

It's not quite what the name implies, at least not at the start. They've announced two models of upgraded existing firearms, a 1911 and a 10/22. You take 'em or leave 'em as they come; no options available.

The 10/22 has a machined heat-treated, stress-relieved hard-coated receiver, not cast, featuring an integral angled rail, two bedding screws, a cleaning port, an additional barrel retention device, the BX trigger, a hardened machined bolt w/release., and extended mag release. The stock is painted laminate with an adjustable comb. The barrel is floated and fluted and has a brake fitted, plus the chamber is tighter than usual, but not so tight as to prevent unloading a chambered round like some Bentz chambers.

I did the math on building a similar rifle starting with a standard 10/22 and adding comparable parts, then looked at the ones made by Kidd. The homemade one would cost at least as much as the street price of the Ruger, usually more, and would still lack some of the features. The Kidd rifles start at about $150 more than the MSRP of the Ruger, and $375 more than the street price. They are very nice, especially the higher grade ones, but the price difference leaves some room for upgrading on the Ruger if it's not quite up to snuff in any way.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Bankrupt Remington is coming out with the 700CP pistol based off a 700 action and a model 7 Scout rifle with Vortex scope installed.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
That's in the same vein as when Ruger brought out their SR1911. It had a lot of features you'd only find on custom 1911's or upgraded versions of more upscale brands but sold for a very reasonable price.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
My hot rumor is that some as yet unnamed company (or companies) is going to bring out their Nth minor variation on their basic polymer semi-auto pistol.

Also, Lipsey's is going to offer some Ruger, either a pistol or plastic stocked rifle and most likely a 10/22, in either camo, earth tone, muddy girl camo or digital camo.

You can take that to the bank...

The Custom Shop 1911 is a tricked-out 9mm target gun. Looks nice, but the MSRP is about $2500, much more than I'd go for a fun gun. I'd much rather spend that kind of dough on another Fieldcraft, especially if they add some interesting chambering like a fast-twist .223, one of the Grendels or a .22 Creed.
Posted By: JasonH Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18

So is this just a wish, or is this actually a rumor? I sure hope it’s a rumor because I would buy both.
Posted By: horse1 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
I believe I'd enjoy a FieldCraft in 223 w/1:8 twist with a ~2.6" mag-box.

Barrett FieldCraft or Kimber Montana in 22LR and 22Mag tube-fed up the rear (ala Nylon 66) sans any loading scallops in the butt-stock.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Originally Posted by JasonH

So is this just a wish, or is this actually a rumor? I sure hope it’s a rumor because I would buy both.

It is a wish.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Originally Posted by JasonH

It is a wish.

I've got a 2011 "special" FWT in the safe, it's a 257 Roberts...now that the new ones are Portuguese, if they did it again, would it be a Roberto?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
I have a Featherweight 7x57 Shot Show Special. I wish Winchester would offer it and the Roberts as regular items instead of limited specials.

May not sell a bunch,but what they would make will be sold asap IMO!
Posted By: Savuti Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
A well known New England gun maker will be offering their first ever (I believe) handgun.
Don't know if it'll be ready for SHOT though.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
I've heard that it will be in Las Vegas.
Posted By: Stump Buster Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
I'd love to hear Ruger has a new "Quality Control Division" that actually inspects every gun that leaves the production line before heading out the door. Ruger and Burris both have great ideas but sorry execution.

I've lost count of the Rugers I've purchased over the decades, new and used, but only one had an issue and had to go back (twice), a
New Bearcat. Once corrected, it was a peach. Luck of the draw, I suppose, but that's my experience. BTW, they paid for the shipping, both ways, both times, after a minor fuss, so the only expense was my time and trouble.
Posted By: Stump Buster Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I've lost count of the Rugers I've purchased over the decades, new and used, but only one had an issue and had to go back (twice), a
New Bearcat. Once corrected, it was a peach. Luck of the draw, I suppose, but that's my experience. BTW, they paid for the shipping, both ways, both times, after a minor fuss, so the only expense was my time and trouble.

It's just been in the past 10 years I've really seen their products go south as far as fit, finish and function. I promise you I'm not nitpicking and I don't expect Holland & Holland quality from Ruger, but when I spend $1200 on a rifle, it shouldn't leave the factory with a split stock, an action so rough the bolt would jam during the cycling process (action screws tightented per Ruger specs), an overtightened barrel that wouldn't allow the bolt to close, with sight blade channels cut out of square with the front sight, with wrong/oversized pins installed from other models into smaller framed guns, etc. I've come to have a wonderful relationship with their Customer Service Department, but I'd rather not know any of them. Maybe I am the unluckiest Ruger buyer ever because every "New" Ruger I've bought in the last 10 years has had to go back or needed repairs out of the box. I want to love the company and think they have been bringing out some really good ideas (especially when they listen to Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's), but I won't order anything again from them as it's too much of a gamble on whether they ship me a Monday gun or a Wednesday gun.
Posted By: 28lx Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/29/18

I've only had to send one Ruger back to the factory it was the best customer service by far I have experienced. Kimber and Remington could learn a lot from Ruger.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
All that is so contrary to my experience I can only surmise that whatever condition is the opposite of being born with a horseshoe in one's keister must apply to you. My condolences.
Posted By: Stump Buster Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
Ha Ha, I must use up all my other luck in other areas and hobbies, because in the grand scheme of things, I really have been VERY fortunate in life. Aaaaaaaand I agree, Ruger Customer Service is TOPS, I don't have ANY negative feelings towards the CS department at Ruger.
Posted By: EdM Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
Originally Posted by Savuti
A well known New England gun maker will be offering their first ever (I believe) handgun.

A nice SAA?
Posted By: Blackheart Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
All that is so contrary to my experience I can only surmise that whatever condition is the opposite of being born with a horseshoe in one's keister must apply to you. My condolences.
You must be one of those with a horseshoe in your keister. I've sent a bunch of Rugers back and repaired a bunch more myself that had some serious issues.
Posted By: Savuti Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18

Originally Posted by EdM

A nice SAA?

Decidedly NOT!
Posted By: tedthorn Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
Kimber is going to unveil a lightweight rifle that shoots accurately......
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You must be one of those with a horseshoe in your keister. I've sent a bunch of Rugers back and repaired a bunch more myself that had some serious issues.

Could be. I've only had 77s, 77/s, Redhawks, Blackhawks, Single-Sixes, .22 autos, a 10/22, coupla New Bearcats, and a few Number 1s. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Whoops, too late, I ordered one of the Custom Shop 10/22s. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Could be. I've only had 77s, 77/s, Redhawks, Blackhawks, Single-Sixes, .22 autos, a 10/22, coupla New Bearcats, and a few Number 1s. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead.

Whoops, too late, I ordered one of the Custom Shop 10/22s. Keeping my fingers crossed.
My current 77 Hawkeye was so rough out of the box that it was tearing the living shyt out of my brass. Took quite a bit of polishing on the feed ramp, under side of the feed lips and edge of the chamber before it quit. The extractor hook also wouldn't slide over the rim of a cartridge to let you load it singly. Took some work reprofiling the front of the extractor hook to straighten that out. Had two American rimfires I sent back recently. Neither would seat a cartridge into the chamber without considerable effort or extract fired cases from the chamber. Ruger replaced the first and sent me another. The second was the same. The recesses in the bolt faces didn't line up with the chambers. If I'd have deepened the recess so the shells could slide further up the bolt face and align properly with the chamber, the firing pins would no longer have hit the rim of the case as they should. After the second f^cked up one, Ruger offered to send me a third. I told them "no thanks, I'm done, I'd like a refund." They didn't argue and promptly refunded my money. I've also had a couple lemon 10-22's and a security six with a warped frame that Ruger replaced because there was no way to fix.
Remind me not to get on an airplane with you!

I've owned three SS Hawkeyes, and wish I had the one I sold back. They feel a bit rough at first, but feeding has been flawless, and a little moly bearing grease on the contact surfaces slicked them right up. Only other work I did was float the barrel on one and file the bottoms of the mag boxes on all of them as a precaution.

Based on what I seen here in the past, RAR rimfires are a crapshoot, so I have chosen to abstain.

Your butt-hurt is well earned, I'd say.
Posted By: grumpy7904 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18

It's just been in the past 10 years I've really seen their products go south as far as fit, finish and function. I promise you I'm not nitpicking and I don't expect Holland & Holland quality from Ruger, but when I spend $1200 on a rifle, it shouldn't leave the factory with a split stock, an action so rough the bolt would jam during the cycling process (action screws tightented per Ruger specs), an overtightened barrel that wouldn't allow the bolt to close, with sight blade channels cut out of square with the front sight, with wrong/oversized pins installed from other models into smaller framed guns, etc. I've come to have a wonderful relationship with their Customer Service Department, but I'd rather not know any of them. Maybe I am the unluckiest Ruger buyer ever because every "New" Ruger I've bought in the last 10 years has had to go back or needed repairs out of the box. I want to love the company and think they have been bringing out some really good ideas (especially when they listen to Jason Cloessner from Lipsey's), but I won't order anything again from them as it's too much of a gamble on whether they ship me a Monday gun or a Wednesday gun.

Stump Buster I feel Your pain I'm 8 for 8 with Rugers all have been sent back some more than once from a #1 that wouldn't put a round in a 4x8 sheet of plywood at a 100 yards to a 77 that you could move the barrel up and down with your hands , a 77 with no firing pin from the factory a Gold Label with a crack in the but stock that you could stick a quarter in when I opened the box and my American that had a muzzle so crooked it looked like the muzzle of a AK 47. In fairness to Ruger they fixed all my problems to my satisfaction and it was done in a fast manner.but I either sold or traded them all off except the Gold Label. So now i'm playing Kimber roulette an out of 3 i've gotten 3 good ones go figure.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/30/18
The "pink pistols"(gay second amendment group) have officially adopted the 6.5 creedmoor as their logo, they have lso colluded with Kimber to produce rainbow colored Montana rifles so chambered. Big stick has all the memos and literature
Posted By: rj308 Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 12/31/18
"Laff'n"! RJ

Oh Stick, sorry, I can't hear you. You are on ignore!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/22/19
Bumping this for rumor vs reality...
Posted By: RMerta Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19
Would be nice to hear someone with brains is now running Remington.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19

A Mossberg polymer 9mm. Bet they have as big a chance in cornering a majority of the market share as I do becoming a Chinese fighter pilot.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19
I'd like to hear that Kimber 84M's now have 3" COAL,due subtle changes on the existing receiver and nothing in the larder,is twisted slower than 8". That they are throated in accordance,goes without saying...just saying.

FUNNY part is,it's all there.

Hint....................
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd like to hear that Kimber 84M's now have 3" COAL,due subtle changes on the existing receiver and nothing in the larder,is twisted slower than 8". That they are throated in accordance,goes without saying...just saying.

FUNNY part is,it's all there.

Hint....................

....that and.....long action mag boxes for the Fieldcraft and 84L are going to be extended to about 3.7" with the addition of the .280AI....
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19

Amen to the Ruger comment.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19

You are not alone. I am a Ruger nut, but I have had my share of QC issues with their products.
Posted By: pabucktail Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19
My experience with Ruger customer service is that the outcome is highly dependent on who you talk to. Sometimes the person is helpful and issues are resolved other times I’ve gotten a big GFY.
Posted By: Hesp Re: SHOT SHOW Rumors ??? - 01/23/19
[img]https://www.damko-usa.com/damko-martini-rifle-c-54_56/damko-martini-rifle-peep-sight-p-36.html[/img]

No rumor, for real!!
© 24hourcampfire