Home
I've got two Model Seven rifles. First is a blued 7mm saum the second a atainless 243 in the cheap factory black synthetic stock. I really like the laminated stock and I'm curious what the popular opinion here is on whether they are a quality stock and worth a proper bedding. I'd like to find another laminated stock for the stainless 243 and build a nice all around rifle for whitetails and anything smaller.
I guess I think those were subbed out by Remington to Boyds and they get their Laminates from Vermont Rutland? I was looking at one of those 7 SAUM blued M7 Magnums with the Lam stk at the shows around here for the last 7 years, guy want $700 for it and I couldn't see it for that Kinda money. Lucky for me I found a stainless in a Tupperware stk last spring for about half that, damn 7 SAUM ammo and brass is gold plated. MB
I just picked up a factory laminated stock for the stainless 243 of gunbroker. It came from a magnum model seven so with the heavier barrel I won't have to remove any material to float the barrel. Maybe a proper bedding of the action and I'll have a cheap little woods rifle.
All the laminated stocks I've used/using perform fine - just as stable - probably more so - as/than any other compostion stock
If you're interested, I have a new Remington 7 laminated stock with a magnum barrel channel that I bought from Remington, but have never used.
Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. How much do you want for the stock?
pic and price?
Originally Posted by peeshooter
pic and price?

I don't do pictures.

I have 4 nib Remington Seven laminated stocks, 2 with magnum BCs and 2 with regular BCs. These stocks are new in box, brown/nutmeg color laminate, like all the rest of them.

$150 per unit shipped in the lower 48.
With Schnable tip?
Originally Posted by peeshooter
With Schnable tip?

Yes, a big ugly schnabled forend tip.
Originally Posted by Showdog75
I've got two Model Seven rifles. First is a blued 7mm saum the second a atainless 243 in the cheap factory black synthetic stock. I really like the laminated stock and I'm curious what the popular opinion here is on whether they are a quality stock and worth a proper bedding. I'd like to find another laminated stock for the stainless 243 and build a nice all around rifle for whitetails and anything smaller.

The laminated stocks from the Remington 673 also fit the Remington Seven if you prefer a stock with a raised cheekpiece.
Numrich Gun Parts has 673 laminated stocks that will work on your Remington 7. I'm not sure what size barrel channel they have but the one I used on my model 7 was for the magnum contour. Nice stock and decent price.
Originally Posted by OldTimeArcher
Numrich Gun Parts has 673 laminated stocks that will work on your Remington 7. I'm not sure what size barrel channel they have but the one I used on my model 7 was for the magnum contour. Nice stock and decent price.

$118.20 plus shipping is a great price for that stock.

I don't care for the pistol grip geometry on the 673 stocks, too open/shallow a radius for my tastes.
260 remguy…. What is the length of pull on your stock(s)?

Your pm box is maxed or I would of went that route.

thanks for your time.

chris from nv.
I saw a nice dark Model Seven laminate stock today with black forend tip connected to a SS 7SAUM BDL for $550 and luckily it was a consignment so I could NOT put it on layaway.
© 24hourcampfire