Home

I know Tally has a system for the Barrett Fieldcraft. Does anyone know if Leupold makes their double dovetail
system for this rifle?

Or any other company making a base/ring system for it?
I don't know about their double dovetail; but, Leupold does make a rail for the Fieldcraft.
I have the rail. When I checked, and I check regularly, none of the names make DD bases, or even Weaver or 1913 slotted bases except the rails.

I’d just like a set of Warne steel, or Burris tactical bases to mount my Burris Signatire CTR 30mm rings in. I’m

I am going to call Leupold Monday about the double dovetail system.

The rail was another idea but I like my scope as low as possible and thought a rail would raise it higher than necessary. I am going
to use a scope with either at 40mm or 44mm objective.

What rings did you use with a rail?
I have Talley LWs in 1" and 30mm, both lows. Only reason to go with a rail for me would be for quick swaps. All the rail setups I've seen pictured here are too high to suit me. I would pony up for regular Talley QDs if they ever make them; best of both worlds. Fjords to shoot across are pretty scarce in these parts, so I don't need any elevators on my bases.

The lows handle 42mm scopes just fine, just like the Talley TS guy said they would.
DNZ makes a set for the Barret Fieldcraft. I don't have them on mine; but, I do have them on a couple of other rifles and find them to be excellent. Here's the link:
https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/hunt-masters/
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
DNZ makes a set for the Barret Fieldcraft. I don't have them on mine; but, I do have them on a couple of other rifles and find them to be excellent. Here's the link:
https://www.dnzproducts.com/product/hunt-masters/

tag for later... Thanks!
Looks like medium is the only available height for the DNZ at present. Might have to try a set anyway. Thanks BigSky.
Pair of Hunt Masters on the way. Interested to see how the height is going to be as all I've used in the past have been lows and x-lows on the hm's or gr's. I like that they are making the 4 screw/tactical version...not that the 2 screw was bad but I like the extra ring area of the 4 screw. With the choice of 3 holes on the front of the FC action it should allow some extra freedom on mounting.
Ring spacing.

Ring spacing.

Ring spacing.

Roughly in that fhuqking order.

Hint...................
These extra low rings (.750) are the best with a rail for the Fieldcraft that I have found. Expensive but worth it.
I have a couple extra sets if anyone is interested.
R

https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/collections/scope-rings/products/30mm-scope-rings
Dangle a pic of 'em,on "your" rifle...because it WILL be fhuqking funny. hint.

Pass the 'Horn's and hold the Fluff.

Hint...............
Sorry ‘Stick but I am at DSC this week so can’t post pics. Those ‘Horns you mention are good rings, just happen to like the cheekweld a bit better with the Tru-locs. Both are good options though.
I'm "surprised" at the excuse(s).

Laughing!...................
What are "Horns"?
'Horn's...............

[Linked Image]
'Horn's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hint...............
Thank you
They "seem" durable.

Horn RINK One

Horn RINK Two

Hint......................(grin)
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm "surprised" at the excuse(s).

Laughing!...................

'Stick,
I can't live on the keyboard like you do, I have actual hunting to do Lol. At any rate, i just think you should check them out like you do everything else before giving them a complete thumbs down. Would actually be interested in your opinion.

R
It's YOUR story,so tell it as you MUST. Hint. Laughing!

Pardon my being the only one in the conversation,who isn't guessing.

Hint........................

I appreciate the input and wish I had seen the rail and ring idea earlier. I have Talley's ordered but might change my mind and go with the rail. It just depends on how sturdy the Talley rings seem to be and how they fit me. I have to admit that I am nervous about this product since I had a set of them crack on a 300 Win Mag.

Like Rhettseaker, I am in Dallas now too. Once the DSC is over I am going to get the Barrett going as soon as possible. I am really looking forward to seeing what it can do. All of the reports on it are outstanding, especially for a rifle as light as it is.

Big Stick, have you had any ejection problems while using the rail?
Fieldcrafts shuck shells,with aplomb and it'll take wayyyyy more than Skookum scope mounting to deter one. Hint.

On the flipside.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though obviously a Safe Queen.(grin)

Hint...............
'Nother.

Ooospie!

[Linked Image]

Hint..................
Originally Posted by DuckScarer
What are "Horns"?

His "special" name for Burris XTR Signature.
'Nother.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint..............
'Nother.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hint...............
'Nother.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hint.................
DNZ's arrived. Will try to get some details on height/weight and compare it to the Talley rail/Seekins low combo sometime today and post here.
Ring spacing.

Ring spacing.

Ring spacing.

Roughly in that fhuqking order.

Hint...................

The DNZ's are 2 piece but are not a "reversible" setup as the total base width is the same as the top ring width. Regardless, since Barrett made the 3 screw front option there's flexibility on placement.
DNZ simply cain't begin to hang with a 1913 interface.

Hint................
Yep, unlimited spacing options and rigid base is hard to beat. Height for cheek weld is (for me) the catch on pic bases. DNZ kinda screwed up with only the medium height as low would be my choice..... Will throw a few 1000 words up shortly so folks will have a little more insight on the options.
There ain't nothing to say but "Ooopsie" and "Toldjaso".

Hint..................
Sounds like dyslexic nigerian
I'm afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...while you gotta suffer your version of "means","abilities" and "experience". Hint.

Bless your heart.

All "new" to me.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!.............
Some ~ measurements for 3 different mounting systems.

Talley 0 MOA pic base with Seekins low rings first:

Weight of mounting system:

[Linked Image]

~ height from bottom of base to scope:

[Linked Image]

~ ring width/grip surface:

[Linked Image]
DNZ Huntmaster mediums

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
TLW lows

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
DNZ's mounted

[Linked Image]

Bolt handle clearance

[Linked Image]
Quick thoughts....

1. I wish DNZ had made the mounts in low rather than medium.

2. I wish the front ring had been made to take advantage of all 3 mounting screws. It could have been reversed either way with no change to the current 2 hole version and would have given a bit more strength to the base. Probably makes no difference but just my preference. I can understand why they didn't from a production standpoint....the front and rear rings are EXACTLY the same so no need to produce 2 different versions.....

Will give them a run after hunting season ends.
I should mention the pic base is for a long action. All rings are 30mm.
Thanks JC.
Ooopsie!

Toldjaso.

Hint...................(grin)
Fieldcrafts shuck shells,with aplomb and it'll take wayyyyy more than Skookum scope mounting to deter one. Hint.

On the flipside.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though obviously a Safe Queen.(grin)

Hint...............

You should be charged with vandalism.

Sad.
Have only broken (8) LW's thus far...but they've largely been removed from Active Duty,unless I missed one somewhere.

Hint...............
Have only broken (8) LW's thus far...but they've largely been removed from Active Duty,unless I missed one somewhere.

Hint...............

All they have going for them are weight and height...but they've got to many con's for the pro's to allow me to use them. I've only broken two. I do like the low mounting height but I can't make myself try them again.
I think every mounting system does a salt treatment on the screws....I'm sure my degreaseing doesn't help and I spend a fair amount of time in the rain. I've yet to find a mounting system that doesn't end up with rusty screws. I'm considering it functionally as just a little extra lock-tite.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Hint...............

All they have going for them are weight and height...but they've got to many con's for the pro's to allow me to use them. I've only broken two. I do like the low mounting height but I can't make myself try them again.

Elder vintages were VASTLY superior.

Everyone I know who shoots a smidge,has puked 'em and all have walked away from same..............
I think every mounting system does a salt treatment on the screws....I'm sure my degreaseing doesn't help and I spend a fair amount of time in the rain. I've yet to find a mounting system that doesn't end up with rusty screws. I'm considering it functionally as just a little extra lock-tite.

[Linked Image]

Have a local Cerakote applicator coat the screws. Problem solved.
Bone dry here and thankfully...fasteners never get discolored,let alone rusty....................

I have Talley on order. After getting the information about the rail and seeing the pictures people have so generously posted
in this thread, I am going to order a rail and rings.

Hint...............

How did you break them? While mounting or in use under recoil? Were they torqued to spec or farmered? If they broke in use, what rifle/cartridge/scope combo broke them? Thanks.
Shooting and actual use,does stuff to wares...that don't/can't occur Indoors in the safe. I've never puked 'em on anything lesser in capacity than 223 SALAMI.
Hint.................
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Hint...............

How did you break them? While mounting or in use under recoil? Were they torqued to spec or farmered? If they broke in use, what rifle/cartridge/scope combo broke them? Thanks.

Both were on the same rifle. It lived in a gun boot on an ATV. Both times they were broken/cracked when I pulled it out of the gun boot. I tighten the top rings using finger/thumb holding the small end. Rifle is a .223....it wasn't recoil.

Same rifle has worn DNZ's for several years now and had no problems.
Shooting and actual use,does stuff to wares...that don't/can't occur Indoors in the safe. I've never puked 'em on anything lesser in capacity than 223 SALAMI.
Hint.................

Are the Burris rings you use alloy or steel?
Yes.

'Horn's are alloy...DD Signatures are steel.................
Okay, thanks.
Burris REALLY is fhuqked up,for not packaging DD steel Signatures 30mm's in pairs,like they useta'...though they are still making the rings.

Funny schit!....................
Midway has the 'Horns on sale. Do you use the mediums or highs on the Barrett?
Ordered 'em Friday.(grin)

Mediums on everything,except Krunchentickers...................
So you got some and I gotta backorder. Figgers.

Thanks again.
It never pays to linger and it helps to keep a nose in the wind.

Hint................
Guess I shouldn't expect to be pretty and lucky.
I never was much into fhuqking around and tend to keep a reserve stash of most things. Have some somewhere,but sometimes it's just easier to order more.................(grin)

Wish I would've seen that, I ordered a set from Brownells on Sunday.

My rail is on the way from Barrett as well.
Was counting on 'em arriving today,but no joy...just Fish USA and Amazon schit.

Mebbe tomorrow?!?...................
I ordered a rail based on Sticks remarks. Thanks, fugger.
I've seen me bolster the economy and folks with a lick of savvy,cut checks and follow suit.

Hint...................
I've seen me bolster the economy and folks with a lick of savvy,cut checks and follow suit.

Hint...................

Subscribed for the help...

Stick.. the Burris rings you use are medium per your posts, what rail are you using, Talley?burris?
Thanks
Jonathan
Inclined Talley 1913 extended rail and roger that on the "medium" 'Horn rings,only because they don't make 'em lower(yet).

The Melding Is Fairly Robust RINK

Hint...................
© 24hourcampfire