Home
Post the best deals here if you spy them and want to pass it along.
Barrett Fieldcraft 17268 308Win with 18” threaded barrel, $1,326 with coupon code HUGE. 2 in stock
Originally Posted by rj112275
Barrett Fieldcraft 17268 308Win with 18” threaded barrel, $1,326 with coupon code HUGE. 2 in stock

If it’s like the last thing I ordered from them, they’ll tell me 24 hours later that that price was a mistake. I’m still a fan and a customer, though.
Not a mistake. Also a Fieldcraft 270 for same. Dan Wesson A2 for a little over $1000.
Whittaker's sets THE bar,for shooting straight and has always gone above and beyond.

Hint.....................
They make it happen, done right and quick. If there's a problem they'll fix it.

If you bitch about Whittakers, you've likely never ordered a damn thing from them!
I was there yesterday. Their inventory was way down. Like crazy down. I was there to buy some Berger VLD bullets and brass and did not look at too many rifles. Their RPR’s were at full price.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Whittaker's sets THE bar,for shooting straight and has always gone above and beyond.

Bought a Barrett FC/6.5 CM from Whittaker's late last year. Darrik is solid.
Why are they having an inventory reduction?
Originally Posted by RMerta

To reduce inventory...

I looked through these this morning, and I’d guess they are rifles that have been in stock for too long, they’re looking to make room and free up capital to restock models that will sell better. I wouldn’t read anymore into it than that
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Bought a Barrett FC/6.5 CM from Whittaker's late last year. Darrik is solid.

He's better than that...................(grin)
Within a hundred miles today and can't go! SOaB!
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

To reduce inventory...

grin
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Within a hundred miles today and can't go! SOaB!

Probably a good thing for the old wallet. I'm glad I don't live close...looking at their website is hard enough.

Kentucky has inventory taxes

To reduce inventory...

🤔

I laughed.
I live about 45 mins away. Since I retired I’ve been going over there on rainy days. I have been a customer since they were a very small business. At one time their prices could not be beat. Particularly Benelli shotguns. Now days their prices are average. You can find better deals by just looking. However the one drawing power for me is the ability to handle guns prior to buying.
I take my out of state gun nut buddies over there for the look on their faces when they walk in the door. On Thursday the racks were empty.
Their website shows they still have the one I want...but for now, at least, the 'good' angel on my shoulder (the 'save-your-money') angel, is winning
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Kentucky has inventory taxes

Bingo! Last year we paid over 90K in inventory taxes. That won’t happen again.
Well damn.
Sounds like it’s my civic duty then!!!
I’ll help a worthy cause.
grin
Trying to remember if I bought just 1 or 2 Kimber MT's from the D Man.

Either way of course each transaction went uber smooth.

Darrik, you don't happen to have an 18" Fieldcraft in 6 Creed that you'd like to reduce do you?
On Thursday the racks were empty.

See above.

Few more comments....
The racks were empty because we had to segregate guns for the sale. We did all that on Thursday. We still have over 6000 guns in stock. It would have looked totally different had you been there today.

Aside from letting inventory diminish to avoid inventory taxes, this is also show season. Everything I buy is on sale for the next coup,e months. I wait to replenish until the shows start. We don’t pad the margin either. We pass along the savings to the customer.

Our margins haven’t changed. Others have come down. I’ve stated it many times before on here, but inventories are still big in a bunch of places. You’ll see crazy deals to pay bills throughout 2019. The dust will eventually settle and we’ll still be in business.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Trying to remember if I bought just 1 or 2 Kimber MT's from the D Man.

Either way of course each transaction went uber smooth.

Darrik, you don't happen to have an 18" Fieldcraft in 6 Creed that you'd like to reduce do you?

I don’t think we do Sam! Apologies.
I wouldn't wanna pay Inventory Taxes,on the wares currently setting in my crummy!........................
Hey no prob, let me know if you get one in please.
(at whatever price.....)
Originally Posted by rj112275

Had I caught that I wouldn’t have let it happen! I didn’t micro manage the staff with this. I told them to take any firearm that's been in the store for over 365 days and mark it down 15%. I guess I should have paid more attention! We had a little over 600 of our 6000 guns that fit that category.

Obviously, there are some bargains.....and a few that slipped through. They did a good job organizing everything though. I’m not going to beat any of them up over a few dollars.
man i want one of those smith 17s ...
ive lost count of how many whittakers rifles ive bought ...
Any Christensen arms mesa in 308 win?
Originally Posted by Esox357

This.....in burnt bronze maybe?....Hb
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
ive lost count of how many whittakers rifles ive bought ...

Me too.
Originally Posted by Esox357

Yes, but not at the 15% off. I’m leaving for SHOT, so I won’t be in the shop when we open back up this week. Call them Tuesday. You’ll like the price.

No burnt bronze in stock. They’re on order though.
Need:

Click Shop. Click Centerfire Rifles. Click Cartridge.
Need:

Click Shop. Click Rimfire Rifles.

https://taxfoundation.org/does-your-state-tax-business-inventory/

[Linked Image]
Need:

Click Shop. Click Rimfire Rifles.

YES
It’s hard for me to find a centerfire rifle in stock on their site.
The D'man is going to whip his webmaster daily till we get specs on all items!
Originally Posted by Tom264

To reduce inventory...

🤔

I laughed.

As did I...and then I became Captain Obvious and realized we have a Mensa member among us.

To reduce inventory...

grin

Originally Posted by Tom264

I laughed.

Glad at least a couple of you laughed, it’s disappointing when a smart ass comment is completely unappreciated...

Darrik--are you going to be getting any Christensen Arms Traverse in? Any idea on delivery date? I never heard of inventory tax, sounds ridiculous!
Tried their website but I had a difficult time using it.
I hate the website too.
It’s not fluent.
Fluent?

I hate it too ... because it costs me $ when I visit it!

Someone buy those Barretts! I don't need another!
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Fluent?

Not easy for me to navigate.
Great price on the Fieldcraft 308 and 270.
Originally Posted by KevinLA
Great price on the Fieldcraft 308 and 270.

There's rules around here... Please follow the D'man protocol.
This thread got me curious about the price of a Ruger American 22 magnum. I couldn’t even find the damn thing. I definitely prefer the OLD website.
somehow the new website is tougher to navigate than the old.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
This thread got me curious about the price of a Ruger American 22 magnum. I couldn’t even find the damn thing. I definitely prefer the OLD website.

Just type Ruger American Rimfire 22 magnum in the search bar. Or just type Ruger American 22 magnum. It’ll pop up.

I’m not happy with the website yet either, but it’s evolving. Lots of hurdles when dealing with POS systems and distributor feeds. It’ll improve.
"Tougher to navigate" is being WAY to kind. I have some interest in finding a good price on a short action Fieldcraft. First choice 6.5 Creedmoor distant 2nd .308. Does anyone have a link to a sale price on either of those? A PM with a link would be appreciated.
The inventory reduction sale has long passed. This thread is 5 months old. Search “Barret Fieldcraft” in the search bar. Everything will show up.

You may see two different prices on the rifles. The lower price identifies what we have in the store that was purchased direct, the higher price comes from a distributor feed.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

Just type Ruger American Rimfire 22 magnum in the search bar. Or just type Ruger American 22 magnum. It’ll pop up.

I’m not happy with the website yet either, but it’s evolving. Lots of hurdles when dealing with POS systems and distributor feeds. It’ll improve.

I stand by my original post. Yes, I visited the site again. I’m real pleased with the Fieldcraft transaction though.
The new website sucks and thats being kind , But the shop is still great. I do miss the free shipping though.
What happened to free shipping?...
Just go to centerfire rifle to find a rimfire. LOL

It does suck and that's pure truth. But, I ain't buying so no matter.
I've bought enough from Whittaker's to know that a phone call makes the shopping a breeze, irrespective of the website. Just for the sake of it I just revisited the website. Didn't use it much, but it took approximately 15 seconds to find a Ruger American in 22 Magnum for $289.30 and maybe another 15 seconds to locate the Compact version for $236.99.
Originally Posted by 406_SBC
I've bought enough from Whittaker's to know that a phone call makes the shopping a breeze, irrespective of the website. Just for the sake of it I just revisited the website. Didn't use it much, but it took approximately 15 seconds to find a Ruger American in 22 Magnum for $289.30 and maybe another 15 seconds to locate the Compact version for $236.99.

Bowing down.......
I’m not worthy 😂
What wise tax apostle dreamed up inventory tax.
State gets paid when you sell the item, but wait that’s not enough money, let’s also tax you for stocking the item. That’s a surefire way to encourage businesses to fill the store... and compete with the online sales.

Unfortunately you are correct sir.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Unfortunately you are correct sir.

regardless, i havent purchased from a better retailer! they have gotten ALL of my business over the last few years.
Firearms - click
Rimfires - click
Rimfire rifles - click
Cartridge - click
shop
The new Whittaker website is a GIANT step backwards for mankind.
Firearms - click
Rimfires - click
Rimfire rifles - click
Cartridge - click
shop

Sure sounds easy
Firearms - click
Rimfires - click
Rimfire rifles - click
Cartridge - click
shop

Sure sounds easy

It does sound easy.

Biggest problem I’ve noticed is that filters don’t seem to work correctly. I just looked under all firearms tab, shows to have 18 remingtons and 12 tikka items.. No where near all they carry.

Go centerfire rifles, select 6.5 creedmoor. No results found.

Manual search doesn’t work well for me either.

Not bitching, this is just feedback. I’m sure it’s a ton of work to migrate all that inventory to a whole new website, and that they’ll get it running smoothly. I’ve bought several from Whittakers over the last few years, and will again.
Posted By: prm Re: Whittaker inventory reduction - 05/03/19
Just call them for great service.
"Hi, I am wondering what rimfire rifles you have and the prices?"

"Dude, we have hundreds."

"Oh, really? Tell me about them all including specs and provide pictures too."

"Uhh, let me get D'man"

"Uhh, let me get D'man"

Hahaha

I’ve been an advocate of Whittaker’s for 20 years just to clear that up. Like another member here at the Fire said, I m just providing feedback.

"Uhh, let me get D'man"

Hahaha

I’ve been an advocate of Whittaker’s for 20 years just to clear that up. Like another member here at the Fire said, I m just providing feedback.

The website is just bad. That's unfortunate too because they are so good to deal with. That website is going to cost them business.
Alwaysoutdoors,

I called them a couple of weeks ago to order a Nightforce scope because it's not on the website. The person who took my order informed me that they are no longer offering free shipping. The scope arrived a few days later.
It's all just encouragement... Imagine they'll get'r fixed up.... Hopefully. Maybe. Probably. The way things are looking, I'll be in the market for something in 361 months!
Can’t filter to exclude out of stock items. Still love Whitaker’s but their new website sucks.
© 24hourcampfire