Home
Posted By: Bangum Savage 110 Long Range Hunter - 04/08/19
Did anyone try one of these rifles yet? I won one the other night and debating on selling-trading/ keeping-scoping it. This one is chambered in 280 Ackley. Advertised as a 26-inch barrel but with muzzle brake, I getting 25.5 inches if I'm measuring it correctly. Slightly falsely advertised.
Mine is chambered in 6.5CM. Got a good deal online several months ago. If I do my part it holds easy MOA groups out to 700 with factory ammo and Vortex Razor glass. I work on the road and haven't had time to work up a load for it yet but I'm thinking I can tighten the group's a bit when I get a chance.

Functions like a savage. Accustock, predictable accutrigger, somewhat functional muzzle brake. The 6.5 is easy on the shoulder anyway but with the brake it's pretty fun watching paint splatter through the scope when I'm shooting 400 or farther. The adjustable cheekpiece yanks out a whisker now and then. Every once in a while a case fails to eject but as long as a guy understands he didn't pay a few grand on a custom target rifle it's fine. Load it up and have fun.
Originally Posted by 2506man
Mine is chambered in 6.5CM. Got a good deal online several months ago. If I do my part it holds easy MOA groups out to 700 with factory ammo and Vortex Razor glass. I work on the road and haven't had time to work up a load for it yet but I'm thinking I can tighten the group's a bit when I get a chance.

Functions like a savage. Accustock, predictable accutrigger, somewhat functional muzzle brake. The 6.5 is easy on the shoulder anyway but with the brake it's pretty fun watching paint splatter through the scope when I'm shooting 400 or farther. The adjustable cheekpiece yanks out a whisker now and then. Every once in a while a case fails to eject but as long as a guy understands he didn't pay a few grand on a custom target rifle it's fine. Load it up and have fun.

Haha, this is my first Savage. Wouldn't have it if I hadn't won it. I guess I'll figure out which scope and give it a try.. Thanks for your feedback!!
i like the salvage lightweight hunters pretty well. theyre functional little turds.
© 24hourcampfire