Home
Levers have never been a rifle I spent much time using, aside from a Winchester 1894 30/30 that I was handed to use for my first deer hunt. And, a Marlin 444 that I bought as a timber gun, then sold 10 years later...I’ve always hunted and played with scoped bolt guns.

I’ve seen a lot of pictures on the Fire of some very fine lever action rifles. I wanted to ask “What are some really nice lever action rifles, both in CF and Rimfire to own for play”?

I’m starting to warm to the idea of plinking and shooting small varmints with a low recoiling lever gun, and just enjoying the feel of a well made lever action from years past in my hand...Winchester, Marlins and maybe Browning come to mind...

I wouldn’t want a chambering that would put me on a “search and find ammo mission.” Something that is readily available in box ammo.

Here’s pics of the only lever action I own....Winchester Model 71 in 348. This rifle feels great in my hand. 😎

What do you all suggest and in what chambering?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'd love to find a 348.

IMO one of the best lever 22 rifles is the Browning BL 22.

The only levers I currently own are originals. An 1873 in 44-40 and an 1892 in 38-40
I have a bunch of JM Marlins. Great quality. Comfortable to carry. Pretty damn accurate. 22, 30-30, 35 rem, 45-70, 450. Traded off a couple very limited models. Best trade I made was my .32 H&R for a 30-30, a 45-70 and a 450. They only made a few thousand in .32 H&R configuration and it’s in demand on the Cowboy action circuit. Best part was I bought the .32, a JM 30-30 and a Winchester 94 for $650 4 years ago.

You can’t go wrong with a JM marlin. I love my .35 Rem. Killed a bear in Maine last fall with it using 150 gr Coreloks. Bear was just under 500lbs. I’d post pics but phtobucket sucks as you know
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I sounds like you want to keep it simple. A pre '64 Winchester model 94 or Marlin 336 in .30-30 would fit your bill nicely. I prefer the Winchester but tastes vary. Depending on area 32 Winchester Special and 35 Remington ammo might be just as easy to find, but usually cost more these days.
Winchester 88
Well you have the Cadillac, now you need to look for a Ford (or Chevy). It will be a 30-30, whether it is a JM (pre 2012ish) Marlin 336 or Winchester 94 is your call. I would lean to a gold trigger Marlin 336 (69-82 or there abouts), but any pre Remington buyout 336 will be a good gun and about the same feel / fit as that model 71!

I have owned Win 94's, 9422's, Marlin 336's and that is what and why I recommend them. Henry's have good reputations and as far as new are probably a great option CF or RF. Of course there are Savage 99's and Win 88's out there as well, but then you will be looking at a 308 instead of a 30-30.
Everyone needs a 30/30. Take your pick between Winchester/Marlin and Savage. Unfortunately you're gonna have to go used on everyone of those these days.

Hard to not like a Savage 99 in 300 Savage for a do it all rifle.
I like Savages and BLR S

Winchester levers in all of their iterations here.
I got the itch for a lever, my first, not too long ago. An avid hunter/collector pal of mine recommended a BLR or Savage 99. Ended up putting me on a 99. Went with .308 over the classic savage original 300 round, because I too am not a hand-loader, and just my familiarity with and preference for this round in my shooting purposes. I do believe a manufacturer or two may still make the 300 sav, but obviously, the availability and selection of commercial loads are nothing close to what’s on the shelf in 308. I can’t beieve how much I love this gun, and now want more. I would describe it as having the pedigree of a vintage bolt, with the soul of a lever. Really neat guns. Maybe in .243? Though it might be a little easier and cheaper to find one in .308. Good luck.
I have a Winchester 1873 in 38-40, and 5 Savage 99’s. 243, 308’s, 300 Savage, and a 358. I really like the 99’s. Fun as hell to shoot. I wish I had discovered them when I was younger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by gitem_12

IMO one of the best lever 22 rifles is the Browning BL 22.

The BL 22 is sweet as Banana Pudding !

I have an XTR 9422 M with WinCam stock that I really like.

Obviously I like Savage 99s......

Then B L Rs in centerfire rifles.

ADMITTEDLY I'm prejudiced TOWARD Weight/Power ratio. I ain't carrying a HEAVY rifle with a Softball trajectory.
Personal Preference-------NO OFFENSE toward anyone, okay ?

Jerry
For plinking and small critters it’s hard to beat a Henry 22 for a lever gun.
I have owned lots of levers over the years. Most of my hunting has been done with one actually. The Savages are in my mind some of the best. Marlins are inexpensive and great hunting tools as well. I've been using an old JM model 444 for years. The 444 is a very underrated cartridge. The 9.3x62 is in big fashion these days. Compare its ballistics to the 444 and you will see they are very similar. Certainly no animal would ever know the difference. I've never been lucky enough to own a 348, but maybe someday!
I like most of them and use a BLR for most of my hunting.
I would like to find new Miroku / Winchester m95- takedown. To make it even more unlikely in the .270 Winchester.
Leverguns really make a guy smile,imo
I should add, if you’re more comfortable with scoped bolts, as I was, look for a ‘later’ 99 from somewhere in the 50’s through the sixties or up (but not too far up, lol) that came drilled and tapped from the factory. Mine (‘66, a DL) came with a same-date Leupold 4x M8 on it. Same date weaver push-off mounts too, so you can go to irons. Scope seats nice and low to the gun, high comb stock makes a perfect cheek weld to it. And it looks completely natural to the lines of the gun, which I already described as bolt-like. Brass spits to the side. A lever in Bolt’s clothing.

Here are some Winchesters...

[Linked Image]
Only one I’d consider is a Marlin 39.
Since you already have a Model 71, I'd recommend a Model 64 in .30-30 for easy to find inexpensive ammo. For a small caliber small game plinker a Model 65 is order, but the rifles and the ammo are not inexpensive.

The trifecta. 71, 64 & 65
[Linked Image]
Well, you're certainly well-equipped for big game; 71s are awesome rifles.

In my book, the top contenders for small game are the Browning 53 and the Winchester 9422. Rifles in .218 and .25/20 are great, but I seldom see them for sale, and they come high when available. Figure on $800 to $1300 for the two I mentioned in very nice condition. Another possibility is the .25/35, handloaded, and very pretty, if not faithful, editions are in production now from Winchester (Miroku). Sights might have to be modified for light loads in those, or they can be scoped.

Marlins and Whitney Kennedys...

[Linked Image]

From Rabbits to big game they work...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Shrap
Any idea what your collection is valued at? You have some really sweet stuff. I’m jealous
My #1 favorite is the M95 Winchester.

However I have several that are in a 3 way tie for 2nd place.

M71 in 348
Marlin 336 long barreled rifle in 30-30.
Savage M99 in 300

And then there are these too, that I also like.

Marlin 336 rifle, half mag and pistol grip in 35 Remington.
Marlin M39 long barrel, pistol grip. 22
Ruger M96 in 44 mag.
Browning BLR light weight pistol grip stock, take down model in 7-08
Winchester M76 Rifle in 45-60

I've used Savage lever actions for about 30 years with good results.
My favorites gotta be a Savage 99. The .300 Savage is a great deer killer as well

You could find one in .308 or .243 if you need a more common round

-Jake
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Shrap
Any idea what your collection is valued at? You have some really sweet stuff. I’m jealous

I can’t count that high!
That’s what I was thinking. I think his collection is worth more than any house I’ve ever lived in.
For plinking and small game look into a pistol-cartridge lever. I have a Rossi Puma in.44 mag and it works for hogs. If loaded lighter ( or in .44 special) it is great for bouncing pop cans, etc.
My all around varmint rig.

[Linked Image]

.30 US Army & .32 WCF.
Originally Posted by tmitch
Since you already have a Model 71, I'd recommend a Model 64 in .30-30 for easy to find inexpensive ammo. For a small caliber small game plinker a Model 65 is order, but the rifles and the ammo are not inexpensive.

[Linked Image]

Oh, dang! Model 65. That I could like...Thanks! 😎
I forgot about a Savage 99 in 300 savage that was given to me after my uncle had passed away. It was in 95% or better condition and had a peep site installed. It was a pretty flat shooting, low recoiling rifle. I was 17 years old and ended up trading it for Browning A5.

Should have kept it...An accurate little lever gun for sure. Young and dumb 😎
Originally Posted by shrapnel

[Linked Image]

You’re a whore! But, a whore with great taste...I’m eyeballing each one. Thanks, Shrap for a catalog to choose from. 😎
Levers have never been a rifle I spent much time using, aside from a Winchester 1894 30/30 that I was handed to use for my first deer hunt. And, a Marlin 444 that I bought as a timber gun, then sold 10 years later...I’ve always hunted and played with scoped bolt guns.

I’ve seen a lot of pictures on the Fire of some very fine lever action rifles. I wanted to ask “What are some really nice lever action rifles, both in CF and Rimfire to own for play”?

I’m starting to warm to the idea of plinking and shooting small varmints with a low recoiling lever gun, and just enjoying the feel of a well made lever action from years past in my hand...Winchester, Marlins and maybe Browning come to mind...

I wouldn’t want a chambering that would put me on a “search and find ammo mission.” Something that is readily available in box ammo.

Here’s pics of the only lever action I own....Winchester Model 71 in 348. This rifle feels great in my hand. 😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Still can’t believe that story mark!!! Love that 71...
Originally Posted by 16bore
Only one I’d consider is a Marlin 39.

I’m looking at one...39-A Mountie. Gold trigger, 20” tube. Good shape $699. Is that a good price?

I definitely, want an older model 22LR, tube fed. Octagon barrel would be pretty sweet. 😎
I'm a big fan of the Marlin 1895 as my screen name would suggest. I really like the old .45-70 Govt cartridge, there isn't much on the planet that won't fall to one. You can load them down and plink with it, or really load it fairly hot. I really like the loading versatility. I find the 1895 Guide series handy for hunting in the timber and carrying all day tracking. My JM stamped stainless guide gun wears a Skinner Alaskan receiver peep and a 1 piece front sight. I shoot cast lead extensively in mine, I see no need for jacketed bullets. A 405 grain loaded to 1600 fps is pretty mild and will kill just the same.
Shrap, A picture of you and Travis rabbit hunting is what caused this....I’ve seen a lot of your pictures with small game where your holding a Lever. Open sites on running game was a lot of fun shooting growing up. I just had a Rug 10/22 blazing away as a kid.

Now, I want a cool Lever gun for doing it...😎
Originally Posted by hikerbum
For plinking and small critters it’s hard to beat a Henry 22 for a lever gun.

A Henry would work...I’m thinking/leaning towards the older Wins or Marlins. 😎
Jud, I still can’t believe the 71 made it back to me after 40 years being stolen. I had my Smith scope the bore.

He said it was almost as new with deep, clean rifling. Aside, from some compression marks and a scratch here and there from the thief probably loading it into his trunk with other stolen guns. It’s as I remember it. 😎

[Linked Image]

You’re a whore! But, a whore with great taste...I’m eyeballing each one. Thanks, Shrap for a catalog to choose from. 😎

He’s got a classy set of guns , no doubt.
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Shrap

I can’t count that high!

Whatcha ya talking about Willis??? You’re a gun whore too with piles of awesome shoot’n irons. Get Gdub throwing down his collection, and the three of you could open your own whore house...😬😎
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

[Linked Image]

.30 US Army & .32 WCF.

That’s a “Big Knife” Bob....😎
"Low Recoiling"

Hands down choice for rimfire is the Marlin 39. I refuse to own a 24" barreled .22 so it's 39 M, 39 D and 39 TDS.

Centerfire, flip a coin, Marlin or Winchester 94 357 or 44 MAG.
Originally Posted by GuideGun
I'm a big fan of the Marlin 1895 as my screen name would suggest. I really like the old .45-70 Govt cartridge, there isn't much on the planet that won't fall to one. You can load them down and plink with it, or really load it fairly hot. I really like the loading versatility. I find the 1895 Guide series handy for hunting in the timber and carrying all day tracking. My JM stamped stainless guide gun wears a Skinner Alaskan receiver peep and a 1 piece front sight. I shoot cast lead extensively in mine, I see no need for jacketed bullets. A 405 grain loaded to 1600 fps is pretty mild and will kill just the same.

Marlin is/was making a custom guide gun in 45/70. It’s all trimmed out with cerakote, XO peep site, open lever hoop wrapped in cord, extended hammer. Nice carbine! I hemmed and hawed about one for sale basically new for $1200. I would have snagged it, but I have a Model 71 I want to use....😎
My list would be Marlin 39 for a 22, Marlin 94 in 357 or 44 magnum as a big, dumb plinking gun or woods bumming rifle, and a late '40s-mid '50s Savage 99 in 300 for general purpose rifle stuff. I'll throw in a Winchester 1895 too, just because their cool.
My choice would be about the same as trplem's, using my '57 M99F in .300 Savage as my deer hunting choice with the 1.5-5 heavy duplex Leupold. The lever .22 choice has to go to a Marlin M39A. My first whitetail fell to a borrowed Winchester M64 and if only for nostalgia sake I could use one of those, but it sure wouldn't carry any better than that featherweight Savage 99F.
Stopped in to Turnbulls today to drop off my Marlin .444 and have them color case harden the receiver ,lever ,forend cap,hammer,base and scope rings,refinish the wood and install a new recoil pad

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.30 US Army & .32 WCF.

That’s a “Big Knife” Bob....😎

Yeah, I know. I call it a crew served knive. Big azz Marbles Ideal bowie. One of the last US made.
Ithaca Model 94 (.22LR single-shot)
Browing B92 (.44 MAg)
Marlin 336 336C (.30-30)
Marlin 375 (.375 Marlin)
Marlin 1895 (.45-70)

THe Ithaca showedup under the Christmas tree one year and I've loved levers ever since.
I'm a traditional levergun guy so I like them with hammers. My favorite would be the Winchester 92 and it's clones.
MARLIN 39A is my favorite 22 it is also one of the best lever 22 ever made ,as far as lever rifles everyone has their own ideal what is best for them,for me i like single shot Ruger #1 `s which are my favorites and are kinda of a single shot lever .my reason is i can use cartridges that are more accurate and shoot a long ways out and i gotta make the shot with 1 bullet. this year fall 2019 i shot my biggest whitetail buck ,it was a 30 foot shot and just about any gun could have killed that buck . its a free world here in America and everyone can make their own decision on what caliber,cartridge, type of action,brand,quality of the rifle you want to use. i also like Savage 99`s and Browning BLR`S for lever rifles,but i also own some Winchester levers . good luck with your choice,Pete53

Would love to have a M39 to go with my 336 35 SC and 444.
I'd go with a Marlin 39A also. It's a classic rimfire lever action, very accurate and it's a full size gun. I've never had a Marlin that didn't shoot well.
Sako finnwolf.
I just recently got interested in lever guns. So far I have a Model 94 in 30-30, a Model 64 in 32 WS, and a Model 86 in 45-70. I was shooting the 64 this weekend. It has a Lyman receiver sight, and I could clang the 8" steel gong with almost 100% regularity at 100 yards offhand. I'm looking forward to getting back to REAL hunting this season, not 400 yard shots with a whiz-bang magnum and 6x24 scope.
Originally Posted by Judman

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Still can’t believe that story mark!!! Love that 71...

I do to. Great darned story, awesome rifle and all around cool.

That Model 71 is hard to top. One of the Browning M65’s in a 218 Bee would be pretty wicked to pair up.
For rabbits about the best I've tried is a Ruger 96 in 17 hmr. I keep it by the back door for diggers rather than a 22LR because hopefully it won't be as prone to ricochet across the river to the neighbors should I miss the squirrel.
99's.....
M94 30-30 and M99 300 Savage
Would echo having a savage 99. Would go 250-3000 or 300sav depending on your intent. 22HP if adventurous.

A marlin 93 carbine in 30wcf would be another legitimate antique big game gun you can readily use; or the rifle if nostalgic for the length and weight.

A win 1873 or 1892 in whatever chambering you like, carbine or rifle, for plinking and varmints. Fun history and run slick.

I suppose the blr and marlin 39’s are tops for 22’s, but as older stuff goes, not sure. Early marlin 39 prices get silly. Have a marlin 1892, that’s a fun little 22 lever. Would get a blr if going to run the piss out of it.

Ps thumbs up on the model 71, at any rate!
A cool little lever in 357/38 would be sweet for knockin’ varmits and general assery. 38 wont recoil a bit, knock over any varmit, and while not as cheap as rimfire, still pretty damn cheap. 357 would handle about anything else.
I really like the Miroku 1886s amd 71s. You've already got a '71, but a nice 1886 in .45-70 or .45-90 (will fire .45-70) would be cool.

I also like the Miorku 1892 for pistol calibers. And although it's not a lever gun, I recently bought a Navy Arms clone of the Colt Lightning, and it's incredibly fun.

Marlin the newer post-Remington guns I've seen have sucked, and I can't recommend them. There are plenty of good old ones out there cheap though.
Found a Winny 65 in 218 Bee as new old stock...Over $7k
Still looking 😎

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798600733
I killed my first deer back in 1965 with a .32 Special that I borrowed from one of my college roommates. I think it was a Win '94.

In the early '70s I bought a Canadian Centennial model Win 94 in .30-30. Its been a safe queen for 45+ years.

Then a few years ago I had an empty slot in my gun safe that I thought needed another Win 94 .30-30. So far I've only used it on a Mountain Lion hunt in Colorado.
This in .44-40....
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting/rifles/winchester-model-1873-short-lever-action-rifle/p/p41960
Clean lines on it...Is Winchester making a decent firearm these days? 😎
There was this one lever rifle, ole trusty rusty, that didn't have a lick of bluing. It was a parts rifle missing all the springs. A cheap rebore to 358 win, I stoked it with 275 grain woodleighs.

For two seasons in a row, ole trusty rusty brought home some big bulls. One bull was just shy of four fingers width, of 60 inches. When I paid to have a finish put on ole trusty rusty, it was no longer the same gun, so sold it to my hunting buddy.

Had a gruntin battle with the bigger bull, the big warrior was in a rage. As he came after me full charge, out of the willows I popped, and sent one 275 grain woodleigh center mass, instant drop. A quick shuck of the lever, another behind the ear. Lever guns that have no scratches or rust, kinda weird me out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Two new lever guns that I feel are an absolute home-run:

New Wichester Model 94 in 450 Marlin:

I handled one of these, and was beyond impressed. The rim diameter of the 45/70, is too large, but the 450 marlin fits. Smart. At 6.75 lbs, this slim, lightweight powerhouse carries like a dream, very different rifle than a Marlin 1895. The tubular magazine holds 7 cartridges:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-94/model-94-current-products/94-short-rifle.html

New Winchester Model 1886 in 45-90:

If you're going to go beyond 45/70 power, skip the 450 fuller conversion all together. With Starline making strong 45-90 brass, this is the lever gun to nip at the heels of the 458 win mag. The tubular magazine holds 8 cartridges:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...ent-products/model-1886-short-rifle.html
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Two new lever guns that I feel are an absolute home-run:

New Wichester Model 94 in 450 Marlin:

I handled one of these, and was beyond impressed. The rim diameter of the 45/70, is too large, but the 450 marlin fits. Smart. At 6.75 lbs, this slim, lightweight powerhouse carries like a dream, very different rifle than a Marlin 1895. The tubular magazine holds 7 cartridges:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-94/model-94-current-products/94-short-rifle.html

New Winchester Model 1886 in 45-90:

If you're going to go beyond 45/70 power, skip the 450 fuller conversion all together. With Starline making strong 45-90 brass, this is the lever gun to nip at the heels of the 458 win mag. The tubular magazine holds 8 cartridges:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...ent-products/model-1886-short-rifle.html

Yeah, Miroku made firearms are top rate. I have the .450 in a Miroku BLR. I would love to try the Winchester 1895 replica in the .270 win.
Mainer, one day, you’re gonna write a book. I believe that...Thanks for the Win 94 link. 😎
savage 99 in 3030
winchester 94 made in 97 in 3855
winchester 94 in 45 colt. no safety . trapper
Oh W O W !!!

[Linked Image]

Holy Smokin Moses !!! -- who's the ugly guy ? laugh

[Linked Image]

Jerry

Keep it up and I'll put you on double secret probation. wink
There was this one lever rifle, ole trusty rusty, that didn't have a lick of bluing. It was a parts rifle missing all the springs. A cheap rebore to 358 win, I stoked it with 275 grain woodleighs.

For two seasons in a row, ole trusty rusty brought home some big bulls. One bull was just shy of four fingers width, of 60 inches. When I paid to have a finish put on ole trusty rusty, it was no longer the same gun, so sold it to my hunting buddy.

Had a gruntin battle with the bigger bull, the big warrior was in a rage. As he came after me full charge, out of the willows I popped, and sent one 275 grain woodleigh center mass, instant drop. A quick shuck of the lever, another behind the ear. Lever guns that have no scratches or rust, kinda weird me out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great pics!!
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A cool little lever in 357/38 would be sweet for knockin’ varmits and general assery. 38 wont recoil a bit, knock over any varmit, and while not as cheap as rimfire, still pretty damn cheap. 357 would handle about anything else.

That's the direction I went.
I love a good pre safety Marlin with a Texas style stock and have way more than I need, but less than I want.
This Marlin 336 SC in 35 Remington suits me fine.
[Linked Image]

So does this Marlin 336 in 44 magnum.
[Linked Image]

This Browning satisfies my need for any leaveraction that isn't a Marlin. It is an early 308 Winchester that was made in Belgium.
[Linked Image]
Mark I got a few, need to start using them more. Got a really nice 88 308, blr 358, 99 250, a few 94 30\30's, pre 64's, and a Big Boar 375 win. Like all of em, the 375 is probably my favorite... Well tied with the 250 I reckon....
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Keep it up and I'll put you on double secret probation. wink

Noooo! I’m sorry 😟😎
Mark I got a few, need to start using them more. Got a really nice 88 308, blr 358, 99 250, a few 94 30\30's, pre 64's, and a Big Boar 375 win. Like all of em, the 375 is probably my favorite... Well tied with the 250 I reckon....

Thinking one old plinker would be cool...The 348 Win isn’t a Lever I’m gonna grab to shoot many bunnies 😬😎
Originally Posted by Mathsr

[Linked Image]

I had one of those in 358 W. Great rifle and so EASY handling. Killed WT with it >> with 'aplomb'.
Don't ask me why I traded it off ! DUMB ! DUMB !
Originally Posted by jwall

[Linked Image]

I had one of those in 358 W. Great rifle and so EASY handling. Killed WT with it >> with 'aplomb'.

I heard ya! That Browning in the picture is my second one. Like an idiot, I sold the first one I had, that was just like it, in the late 70's. I killed my first few deer with that BLR. I realized how much I liked it and when I found a second one I bought it. This one has found a home until I give up the ghost.
Have a herd and like sandbagging.

Hint...………………..
[Linked Image]

Thinking one old plinker would be cool...The 348 Win isn’t a Lever I’m gonna grab to shoot many bunnies 😬😎

Me neither,it's too small. wink
Holy Smokin Moses !!! -- who's the ugly guy ? laugh

Not nice to call his moose ugly! LOL!

For deer hunting, my Savage 99 in 300 Savage. For plinking, the Browning BL22 my dad gave me for Christmas when I was 12. For anything bigger, the first year deluxe model 71.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ummm. I love that one! ^^^^

I'm a sucker for a .35 Rem or a 45-70. Both are usually available most of the time where I shop.
[Linked Image]

Savage 99 in .308 makes for a truly great big game rifle.

Sherwood
This thread got my lever gun interest sparked. The only lever centerfire I have is a Mossberg 464 30-30 . It s a pistol grip walnut stocked and blue gun. I traded for it about three or four years ago and never got it out of the safe. Last year, a neighbor sold me an old Leupold 2.5x compact. I installed it on the Mossberg right away. Fast forward to this week, I got the rifle out with a box of 150 grain Federal ammo and sighted it in. The old scope did surprisingly well responding to adjustments (I didn’t have to tap it with a hammer after each turn or anything) Damn, that’s a sweet little handling and shooting rifle . The trigger isn’t too bad ,not great however but plenty good for a brush /timber gun .It’s perfect for the front seat of the truck too while checking fences or whatever . I want a 44 or 45 bore lever gun now.
My lever collection is small two Marlin 45-70's a Cowboy model and the standard 20" barrel model. I have another Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag and a BLR in 358 Winchester. For pure fun I like the 44 Mag loaded with cast lead bullets fairly economical to shoot.
Posted By: efw Re: Lever Guns...What do you like? - 04/12/19
My aunt & uncle bought me one of the last pre-safety Model 94s they made for me for my 16th birthday. Shot my first deer with it as well as my first coyote. Love the 30-30 cartridge as a do it all.

I saw a Model 71 in a LGS the other day. Damn. 22lr is more my style these days and would get a lot more use, although we can now shoot straight walled CFs in lower Michigan while deer hunting so a 44 Mag would get used too.

An awful lotta lever-type eye candy here in this thread thanks for starting it Beav!

Things that make ya go hmmmm...
Originally Posted by jwall

[Linked Image]

Don't feel bad, same boat .
Browning BLR in 308!
Lot of talk about Marlin 39's and well there should be. But don't overlook the Henry .22's. They're pretty sweet too!
The Henry is a steaming pile of fhuqking schit(understatement). hint.

I've only got (3) 39's.

Hint...............
They sure grow on you. My accumulation. Winchester 64 30-30, Winchester 71 348, Marlin 1894 44 magnum, Marlin 336 30-30, Winchester (Miroku) 1886 Extra Lightweight 45-70, Browning 65, Browning 53 and everyone needs a Marlin 39.

[Linked Image]
Oh how I LOVE Blued/Walnut.

[Linked Image]

Hint................
[quote=Big Stick]Oh how I LOVE Blued/Walnut.

[Linked Image]

Hint................[/quoteyou don't strike me as a guy who would let your son have purple hair
'12,

Keep ridin' the pine,from your couchbound kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Slow morning.

[Linked Image]

Hint.................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'12,

Slow morning.

[Linked Image]

Hint.................

Ooohhhh you posted a picture of a fish....that doesn't negate the fact your purple haired son is one ugly bastard
1980 Marlin 375
[Linked Image]

1966 Win 94 post 64 top eject 30-30
[Linked Image]
Nice, renegade!

[Linked Image]

Hint................

That's just wrong to paint that rifle like that.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Nice, renegade!

Want ta get a .308 savage 99 in the next 2 or 3 yrs or sooner.
Call it good on lever guns then.
Slumlord has the big 3 collection in place, mostly Marlins.
I just want one of each.
Seeing the lever guns that guys have posted on this thread is pretty cool.

Win 64,s got my interest also.

'12,

Slow morning.

[Linked Image]

Hint.................

Ooohhhh you posted a picture of a fish....that doesn't negate the fact your purple haired son is one ugly bastard

Poor form to talk bad about another guy’s kids... regardless of the actions of their parent(s).
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
'12,

Slow morning.

[Linked Image]

Hint.................

Poor form to talk bad about another guy’s kids... regardless of the actions of their parent(s).

Blow me

I've only got (3) 39's.

Hint...............

Turns out I may know a little about both. And I don't even have to "claim" to own them. I can take a picture of them. Hint.
[Linked Image]
I'm kind of partial to Marlins. Don't think I've ever gotten them all out of the safe at once before. Top to Bottom: 336-44magnum, 336 SC in 35 Rem, model 444S, 336 30/30, 336 RC 35 Remington, 336ER 356 Winchester, 39D 22LR. Seems to always be room in the safe for one more.

The 39 D is my favorite 22LR and the 336 SC in 35 Remington, is the lever action deer rifle I will reach for most often this coming season, but the 336-44 magnum is the one Lever action that I would never get rid of.
[Linked Image]
'12,

What is it that you "do" for a "living",that keeps the Brokedick Whining Kchunt that you are? Congratulations?!?

I very MUCH enjoy your High Pitched Nasal Whine and how your Melting Snowflake routine and Perpetual Victim card,are no act. Hint.

Slow evening too.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe wax eloquent on the SWEET "satisfactions" that are your's,in keeping that couch tethered.

Hint....................
dooshmike,

You couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of fhuqking boots and couldn't "critique" a glass of fhuqking water. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................
dooshmike,

You couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of fhuqking boots and couldn't "critique" a glass of fhuqking water. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

But I don't have to "pretend" to have three model 39's either. Hint.
dooshmike,

One could fit a year's worth of your "empties",in a TicTac box. Congratulations?!?

Haven't shot more than 3800rds,through a single '39,in a single day.

Hint.................
dooshmike,

One could fit a year's worth of your "empties",in a TicTac box. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................

How do you get all of this supposed shooting done when all you do is sit in front of a computer and post the same photos over and over again on an internet forum....face it....your years of bullshit stories are up and you're being called out on the fraud that you are..

Whaaat No Weatherby dead bunny picture....Slacker! 😎
'12,

I'm no fun to keep pace with and you version of a "paycheck",precludes your attempt. Congratulations?!?

Your inability to keep pace,is more than just a "little" bit fhuqking FUNNY...you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Fair evening yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Hint..................
dooshmike,

Hint.................

Still haven't seen one pic dangled of the "three model 39's". But imagination and pretend are of course free.
Originally Posted by tzone

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ummm. I love that one! ^^^^

I'm a sucker for a .35 Rem or a 45-70. Both are usually available most of the time where I shop.

Thanks, tz...The Fire boys about torn me apart when I was thinking about doing a complete restoration on it after I got it back from the police...Glad I decided to keep it original. 😎
dooshmike,

I'm purty hip on sandbagging,at DUMB Fhuqk's expense. Congratulations?!?

Hint.......................
As an aside,I found some Belgian SA's I'd forgotten about too.

Hint...................
Decisions...decisions.

[Linked Image]

Hint........................
'12,

I'm no fun to keep pace with and you version of a "paycheck",precludes your attempt. Congratulations?!?

Your inability to keep pace,is more than just a "little" bit fhuqking FUNNY...you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk.

Fair evening yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Hint..................

Now we know who catches all the fish you post....She prolly shoots better than you, too. Hint.....😎
Sister has whacked/stacked more splendor,than everyone you know bolted together. Congratulations?!?

She's a little bit whole bunch GOOD with a rifle.

Hint................
Decisions...decisions.

[Linked Image]

Well there's one of the "three". We're getting there!
Sister has whacked/stacked more splendor,than everyone you know bolted together. Congratulations?!?

She's a little bit whole bunch GOOD with a rifle.

Hint................

Good on her....😎
dooshmike,

We've been there for decades and only YOU and your Stupidity,are shy of the pace. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................
#2.

[Linked Image]

Hint.............

[Linked Image]

Hint..................
Originally Posted by mart
They sure grow on you. My accumulation. Winchester 64 30-30, Winchester 71 348, Marlin 1894 44 magnum, Marlin 336 30-30, Winchester (Miroku) 1886 Extra Lightweight 45-70, Browning 65, Browning 53 and everyone needs a Marlin 39.

[Linked Image]

Wow!!!
Nice collection!!!!
Looking at this.....https://www.gunbroker.com/item/808618178

A lot of cash for something that will only see paper plates and being a camp gun, as I’m bound to a Model 71 for timber fun for Wapiti.
😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice!!!
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a Winchester 1873 in 38-40, and 5 Savage 99’s. 243, 308’s, 300 Savage, and a 358. I really like the 99’s. Fun as hell to shoot. I wish I had discovered them when I was younger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Btt!!!

[Linked Image]

Holy fugg!!!!
Nice collection!!!
71's don't have much going for them...as ergo's,round count,boolits,capacity,logistics and fun go.

They're just something one does,to sau they "did it" and happily move on.

The Belgian steel BLR's crush 'em.

Originally Posted by tmitch

[Linked Image]

A 64 is one I wanta get eventually!!!!

Marlins and Whitney Kennedys...

[Linked Image]

Gawd!!!
Nice!!!
Ren, your Win 94 is plenty sexy...The Marlin 375 ain’t not a head turner, either...Nice carbines 😎
53's I savvy...but 64's suck ass. Congratulations?!?

Hint..............

From Rabbits to big game they work...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Btt!!!

[Linked Image]

.30 US Army & .32 WCF.

Nice rig!!!

[Linked Image]

Hint....................

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mainer in ak
Nice!!
I grew up in old town and Milford.
71's don't have much going for them...as ergo's,round count,boolits,capacity,logistics and fun go.

It’s not a carbine one buys to set the world on fire with...It’s something your either covet for a collection or have handed down to you where it’s stock and worn patina tells a story of an earlier time when it was thought useful. Today, it handles just fine in dark timber for big fur. 😎
Oooooopsie!

Found another.

[Linked Image]

Purty sure there is more.

Hint.....................
I love a good pre safety Marlin with a Texas style stock and have way more than I need, but less than I want.
This Marlin 336 SC in 35 Remington suits me fine.
[Linked Image]

So does this Marlin 336 in 44 magnum.
[Linked Image]

This Browning satisfies my need for any leaveraction that isn't a Marlin. It is an early 308 Winchester that was made in Belgium.
[Linked Image]

Nice!!!
Originally Posted by SMACK
[Linked Image]

Btt!!!
Originally Posted by Sherwood
[Linked Image]

Savage 99 in .308 makes for a truly great big game rifle.

Sherwood

Exactly what I need to complete my major 3!!!

It’s not a carbine one buys to set the world on fire with...It’s something your either covet for a collection or have handed down to you where it’s stock and worn patina tells a story of an earlier time when it was thought useful. Today, it handles just fine in dark timber for big fur. 😎

I don't buy 80-grit sandpaper,that's actually used and 100-grit...because that's "neat".

No Timber here,or fur.

Pass the 422 and get the fhuqk outta the road.

Hint...................
Originally Posted by moosemike

I've only got (3) 39's.

Hint...............

Turns out I may know a little about both. And I don't even have to "claim" to own them. I can take a picture of them. Hint.
[Linked Image]

Nice rifles!!!
I'm kind of partial to Marlins. Don't think I've ever gotten them all out of the safe at once before. Top to Bottom: 336-44magnum, 336 SC in 35 Rem, model 444S, 336 30/30, 336 RC 35 Remington, 336ER 356 Winchester, 39D 22LR. Seems to always be room in the safe for one more.

The 39 D is my favorite 22LR and the 336 SC in 35 Remington, is the lever action deer rifle I will reach for most often this coming season, but the 336-44 magnum is the one Lever action that I would never get rid of.
[Linked Image]

Nice collection!!!

I don't buy 80-grit sandpaper,that's actually used and 100-grit...because that's "neat".

No Timber here,or fur.

Hint...................

Jealousy from you is always welcomed...Save your money and you could own a 71 one day. Feel free to oogly mine when ever you’d like...It’s free just for you my special little friend. 😎
Shot more than a few and they're an EASY pass. Schit bullets,swoon me none.

Blued Steel/Walnut is a Goat Fhuqk and they are Fence Hopping Play Toys at best.

Hint................
Oooooopsie!

Found another.

[Linked Image]

Purty sure there is more.

Hint.....................

We're getting there!
Shot more than a few and they're an EASY pass. Schit bullets,swoon me none.

Blued Steel/Walnut is a Goat Fhuqk and they are Fence Hopping Play Toys at best.

Hint................

Talking about guns or your daughter being your play toy?..let's face it that baby looks inbred as phuqq
'12,

Wax eloquent upon your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery and the "pay scale"...which mandates your standing in the cheese line,licking windows. Congratulations?!?

What do you "do" for a "living" again? LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint..........................
'12,

Wax eloquent upon your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery and the "pay scale"...which mandates your standing in the cheese line,licking windows. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

You have no idea appt me or my "pay scale". The simple fact that you constantly try basing your character on "pay" means that you likely have little, of both pay and character....by the way..have been able to hug "ALL" of your kids lately
'12,

Bless your heart.

You have no idea appt me or my "pay scale". The simple fact that you constantly try basing your character on "pay" means that you likely have little, of both pay and character....by the way..have been able to hug "ALL" of your kids lately

Your Drool is captured. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy your sniveling Whine,as you "justify" your plight,as being a "choice" in your hilariously dismal "resume".

Bless your heart.

Hint................

Fine.... wink
[Linked Image]

I'll even throw in a picture of .460's loaded with 350 grain Speers along with what I'm going to try with them,for my next rabbit hunt.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
'12,

Bless your heart.

Your Drool is captured. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy your sniveling Whine,as you "justify" your plight,as being a "choice" in your hilariously dismal "resume".

Bless your heart.

Hint................

What plight?..

Remember I'm not the one who's wife ran off with his buddy. I'm not thenone, who's kid offed himself because his dad is an utter douchebag. I'm not the one who has no life other than an internet forum.

Seems like the"plight is all. On you and likely self induced.

You're nothing but a blow hard midget with shortman syndrome...a classic narcicist
'12 doesn't speak English and she's a brokedick to boot. Hint.

Congratulations?!?..................

Actually, for syntax, the vote definitely goes to g12...hint....😎

He knows he is a nothing, and he knows everyone here is figuring that out as well.

Fine.... wink
[Linked Image]

I'll even throw in a picture of .460's loaded with 350 grain Speers along with what I'm going to try with them,for my next rabbit hunt.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Them bunnies are gonna be so good eaten after you stuff em with the 350’s. I call dibs on the remaining chunk of backstrap, if either is still attached...😬😎

He knows he is a nothing, and he knows everyone here is figuring that out as well.

Yup, she’s down to just a very small group of members. 😎
Tell you what Beaver10,you have a deal! smile
Thank you! Beaver’s gotta eat 😎
grin
Time for another LEVER ACTION picture.

Calling all Winchester, Marlin, Browning, Savage, Lever Throwers to show themselves 😎
i suppose Ruger #1`s are not true levers ?
It’s a lever...Post it. Let’s see that wicked #1 in 2-5-7 Wby 😎
I think I only have 4 levers. Henry Steel, Savage R 250-3000, Marlin Lever-Matic and a BLR Lightening 30-06.

No Timber here,or fur.

Hint...................

Jealousy from you is always welcomed...Save your money and you could own a 71 one day. Feel free to oogly mine when ever you’d like...It’s free just for you my special little friend. 😎

He must have phuqed a goat or two in his day .

to see what a nothing is....

Check out Stumpy's profile and see how many posts he's made in the last 12 hours...

sitting at a computer screen with his keyboard, high on meth, lonely, and a bottle of cheap rot gut on the desk....

yeah, sounds like a full existence, don't it?

I bet Stumpy's place is such a dump... even the rats and cock roaches have left because they are concerned about their health....

and from the looks of any pics he posts of his dump, inside or out... and seeing pics of Stumpy..

can you imagine the stench?

we all should be kinder to Stumpy.. he ain't got much substance in his life...

Think of his world as a transient who hit the welfare lottery....

just ask his friends... if he has any where he lives....
As I've aged I really only look for/ at leverguns and single shot rifles. New and old- using rifles. The most dull levergun is more interesting than the fanciest bolt action rifle to me. If I could afford it , I would like a big double.
These days the levergun will handle most any situation while hunting. I use a modern levergun for sheep and mountain goat hunting and I do alot of it.
The Miroku 95 sure looks interesting, so does the Henry longranger. Maybe Miroku will replicate the model 88 or 99 in the future. New or old- just like gold.
Slow morning.

[Linked Image]

Hint................
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall

[Linked Image]

Hint................

That's just wrong to paint that rifle like that.

Wait a minute......Is that blue tape over the muzzle? smile
A couple of 22HPs
[Linked Image]
A few EGs 308 win, 250 savage and 300savage
[Linked Image]

Lee
'MX,

The blue tape was a running joke for years and still rates a chuckle. Was Grock 34 MOS'n today in a Gunfighter Inc...or I'd of had some on display.

Hint.................(grin)
Was lucky enough today to add a 94 Big Bore in 375 Win to the stable. Nicely used shooter grade and came with a box of ammo too. I'm going to need to figure out the picture thing!
[Linked Image]

I'm liking this .444 of late. I also very much enjoy savage 99s in .300 and .30-30, and Marlin 1894s in .357 and .45 colt.
GenuWhine SLEEPER.

[Linked Image]

Especially with The Satchel!

[Linked Image]

Hint...................
GenuWhine SLEEPER.

[Linked Image]

Especially with The Satchel!

[Linked Image]

Hint...................

Is that lever a 270 because it sure does look GAY? ! Hahahaha 😆
always',

No need to burst outta yet another closet,as your proclivities are certainly no "secret". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint...............
First Marlin in my safe. Marlin 375 (.375 Winchester).

[Linked Image][/URL]

Later a Model 1895 .45-70 and 336C .30-30 joined it.
Originally Posted by pabucktail
I'm liking this .444 of late. I also very much enjoy savage 99s in .300 and .30-30, and Marlin 1894s in .357 and .45 colt.

Really like that 444. A very practical package you put together.
Time for another LEVER ACTION picture.

Calling all Winchester, Marlin, Browning, Savage, Lever Throwers to show themselves 😎

Okay. Here's a Winchester 71
[Linked Image]

And a few Marlin 44 Mags. I kinda like these for some reason.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire