Home
Posted By: dingo Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19

My 7mm/08 build is finally finished. Bell & Carlson stock, Timney trigger & 23" sporter weight barrel The genesis for the project was a 1984 Rem 700 BDL action. Here's a few pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This was my 2nd 5 shot group attempt with my new outfit. Believe me, I was happy the way it performed.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
Nice, love the clean bedding job.

I have a similar M-700 in 7-08, a Bobby Hart build that I put in a Hunters Edge. It also has a Timney trigger, a 501.

So far, I'm just shooting factory Nosler 120 NBT's. Gotta work up some loads.

Pharmseller likes Big Game for his 7-08, shoots some good groups.

DF

[Linked Image]

Posted By: UncleSoapy Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
That is a beauty!
Posted By: Hudge Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
Nice looking rifle.
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
Who did the bluing?
Bluing does look great. Goes with the gloss finished scope.

Everything these days is matte, that rigs looks retro on an elegant way. I like it.

DF
Posted By: dingo Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Bluing does look great. Goes with the gloss finished scope.

Everything these days is matte, that rigs looks retro on an elegant way. I like it.

DF

Burris no longer make gloss Trumount bases. I ended buying a pair in matt finish, remove the bluing, sanded them by hand with 1200 wet/dry sandpaper, polished them and then had them reblued.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lastround Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19

Nice rig, dingo. Great choice in chambering for 7mm-08!
Originally Posted by lastround

Nice rig, dingo. Great choice in chambering for 7mm-08!

Yep.

Do a search for Pharmseller's 7-08 load. He seems to have it worked out pretty well.

DF
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
What a beautiful hunting rifle, in a great cartridge. Congrats.
Posted By: IMR4350 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/19/19
Glad your new rifle shoots as good as it looks. Are Remington 700s popular in Australia? What are the most popular big game calibers? I know the old British .303 was used a lot there.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Scope sucks. Rings/bases suck.

45-seconds of actual use,would "reveal" same.

Hint.................
Posted By: kingston Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Helluva bed job!
Unfortunately..."good" bedding can NOT be "seen". Congratulations?!?

Hint...............
Posted By: Trystan Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint...............

It can be seen on the target and he posted a picture

Hint..............grin!
Trybone,

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and you suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint................
Originally Posted by Trystan

Hint...............

Hint..............grin!

In fairness to your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...vertical stringing THAT loud,is no "attribute" at the100yd line(or any other). Congratulations?!?

HINT..............

Hint...............

Hint..............grin!

In fairness to your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...vertical stringing THAT loud,is no "attribute" at the100yd line(or any other). Congratulations?!?

HINT..............

The vertical stringing clearly points to not being in the node, not bedding!

Congratulations!

Hint................

Hint...............

Hint..............grin!

HINT..............

The vertical stringing clearly points to not being in the node, not bedding!

Congratulations!

Hint................
Trybone,

Stupidity isn't a "Node". Though in fairness...Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.............
Trybone,

Stupidity isn't a "Node". Though in fairness...Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.............

I do appoligized your being forced to guess and perhaps need a dozen or so groups to come to the correct conclusion.

Hint............
Trybone,

It's cool...you can ONLY Plagiarize. Congratulations?!?

Hint.............
Posted By: fredIII Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Always fun to go to bed and pound hole. Hint. ya

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Scope sucks. Rings/bases suck.

45-seconds of actual use,would "reveal" same.

Hint.................

Does it matter, whilst smoking critters in a light????? Haha

You poor dumb bastard......
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Originally Posted by fredIII
Always fun to go to bed and pound hole. Hint. ya

[Linked Image]

Stick has to wait to.pound hole until the rest of the trailer park is done with his kid
Oh my...you "Hard Chargers "REALLY "..."get after it"! With that much stored angst,you Ladies must really "set" the bar? Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!

Hint...................
Posted By: fredIII Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Originally Posted by dingo

My 7mm/08 build is finally finished. Bell & Carlson stock, Timney trigger & 23" sporter weight barrel The genesis for the project was a 1984 Rem 700 BDL action. Here's a few pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This was my 2nd 5 shot group attempt with my new outfit. Believe me, I was happy the way it performed.

[Linked Image]

The rifle looks very nice.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by dingo

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The rifle looks very nice.

+1
It can't/won't hold zero...if only for starters.

Hint..................
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
Trybone,

Pretty funny to see where I vacation, rent-free! laugh laugh
Trybone,

You could always follow me around and reiterate what a Clueless Fhuqk you are. Ooooooopsie!...too late. Congratulations?!?

Hint..................
It can't/won't hold zero...if only for starters.

Hint..................

Do you mean when throwing your schitt around like a 5 year old having a tantrum or Youtube attention whore, or normal use like most responsible adults?
Posted By: hanco Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
I like the 7mm 08. A lot of power in a small case. It’s a very efficient killer. My boy has killed a lot of deer with his, a ton of hogs too. He got it when he was eleven, still using it twenty years later with an adult size stock. He has a little boy that will be using it before long.
Trybone,

Actual use,does things to wares...that Imagination and Pretend cannot resolve. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................
henco,

I've only rebarreled a single 7-08 (6) times thus far...but admittedly have a "few" others.

Hint............
Posted By: Seafire Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/21/19
henco,

I've only rebarreled a single 7-08 (6) times thus far...but admittedly have a "few" others.

Hint............

Quit throwing it the creek along side what ever fish you caught, when you take your hero pics...
and it probably still would be on the original barrel, there Rusty....
Shefire,

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................
Originally Posted by Seafire
Quit throwing it the creek along side what ever fish you caught, when you take your hero pics...
and it probably still would be on the original barrel, there Rusty....
I'll bet Fug Stick has ruined more barrels like that than he has actually shot out. The troll still uses moly, which is hygroscopic.
Trybone,

Pardon my shooting more,than you could even fhuqking BEGIN to fathom. Congratulations?!?

This High Desert AO,is VERY forgiving. LAUGHING!

Hint................
If you actually learned from your shots instead of plinking like a 5 year old at a dump, you'd have won some matches. Or maybe you don't really shoot much, you just hoard and fish?
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If you actually learned from your shots instead of plinking like a 5 year old at a dump, you'd have won some matches. Or maybe you don't really shoot much, you just hoard and fish?

Oh my...your Dumbfhuqktitude is INCREDIBLE. Congratulations?!?

"hoard"?

Bless your heart for TRYING!

Hint...........
Posted By: Trystan Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
Stick, unfortunately coal, mag restraints, twist, throat geometry, gadgets, toys, spending $1000s of dollars a week on guns, parts, scopes, bedding compound, rings, bases, super duper barrels and whatever else you do on your island that is 70 miles long 30 miles wide is only 5% of the equation where as the hunter is 95%

You are pretty damn proud for a 5% er!!! Maybe spend more time hunting and less time wearing out barrels. Maybe show us what a 180 eld-m looks like that's been through a shoulder, heart, or lungs!

I would love to follow you around reiterating my dumbfuckitude but I'm busy getting my pack animals ready for a 50 mile wilderness adventure. My guess is a horse would likely kick your fool head off. Are you smarter than a horse? If your not well your dumbfuckitude dude!!! 😁 I thought about buying 6 barrels but bought 4 mules and two horses instead and I'm smarter than all of them. I don't recommend it for stuck on my 70 x 30 mile island chunt! What's a matter.....island got yur chunt? Drive 30 miles and start licking the ocean. Drive 30 miles the other way and lick the ocean again. Ocean licking, island got your chunt, dumbfuckitudinal 5% er!

Haven't been there haven't done that but hey I have rebarreled 5697 rifles. The throat geometry, twist and all things align nicely and it better because it is litteraly EVERY THING THAT THERE IS. I've also posted pics of 25 critters I've kilt! Imagine that! 5697 rifles all rebarreled at least 6 times $250,000 dollars later and I have eaten at least 10 deer and 5 bear. I can't believe you don't weight several thousand pounds!!! I mean good Lord all the rifles and bullets and scopes you must eat at least 120 lbs of venison a day!!! You go you hard charger you. For all the effort, time and money you obviously have enouph venison stored up dried, pickled, jerky, etc to live at least 2500 years and it's no surprise to any of us considering you are actually immortal. I know you didn't say it but you did elude to it. That is a LONG time to live on a 70X30 island πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Trystan
Posted By: 2506man Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
Sweet rifle, great choice with 7-08!
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
That’s one of the better looking rifles I’ve seen lately....

2 thumbs way up.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
Trybone,

Your CLUELESSNESS,is Hilarious!

Hint...................
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
Stick, unfortunately coal, mag restraints, twist, throat geometry, gadgets, toys, spending $1000s of dollars a week on guns, parts, scopes, bedding compound, rings, bases, super duper barrels and whatever else you do on your island that is 70 miles long 30 miles wide is only 5% of the equation where as the hunter is 95%

You are pretty damn proud for a 5% er!!! Maybe spend more time hunting and less time wearing out barrels. Maybe show us what a 180 eld-m looks like that's been through a shoulder, heart, or lungs!

I would love to follow you around reiterating my dumbfuckitude but I'm busy getting my pack animals ready for a 50 mile wilderness adventure. My guess is a horse would likely kick your fool head off. Are you smarter than a horse? If your not well your dumbfuckitude dude!!! 😁 I thought about buying 6 barrels but bought 4 mules and two horses instead and I'm smarter than all of them. I don't recommend it for stuck on my 70 x 30 mile island chunt! What's a matter.....island got yur chunt? Drive 30 miles and start licking the ocean. Drive 30 miles the other way and lick the ocean again. Ocean licking, island got your chunt, dumbfuckitudinal 5% er!

Haven't been there haven't done that but hey I have rebarreled 5697 rifles. The throat geometry, twist and all things align nicely and it better because it is litteraly EVERY THING THAT THERE IS. I've also posted pics of 25 critters I've kilt! Imagine that! 5697 rifles all rebarreled at least 6 times $250,000 dollars later and I have eaten at least 10 deer and 5 bear. I can't believe you don't weight several thousand pounds!!! I mean good Lord all the rifles and bullets and scopes you must eat at least 120 lbs of venison a day!!! You go you hard charger you. For all the effort, time and money you obviously have enouph venison stored up dried, pickled, jerky, etc to live at least 2500 years and it's no surprise to any of us considering you are actually immortal. I know you didn't say it but you did elude to it. That is a LONG time to live on a 70X30 island πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Trystan

[Linked Image]
Posted By: keith Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
I would certainly get rid of the bedding out from underneath the barrel, which is a last ditch hail mary attempt to try and get harmonics right. Free float to the lug, make sure bottom of lug is free floated.

3/8"-1/2" should be easy to attain IF that is important to you.

I ride a mule and pack a horse.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 04/23/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Trystan

[Linked Image]

LMFAO
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/08/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Trystan

[Linked Image]

LMFAO

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this!

Ohh and OP...very nice rifle!
Posted By: mad_okie Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/08/19
Dingo-beautiful rifle and I love the 7-08, it should put many meals on the table!
Posted By: vabowhntr Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/08/19
Good looking rifle, mine is a 700 sps stainless in a McMillan mountain rifle stock. Shoots 120 gr bt and ttsx at 3200 fps with big game powder at .75 moa or better. It is my go to rifle when I have to get serious. I would feel comfortable with it on anything I would shoot out to 400 yards, up to elk.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/08/19
Dingo,
Of all the more gooder scope mounts on the market, why would you be so endeared to those antiquated, prehistoric bases?
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/09/19
Simply a heavily compromised piece of useless schit,that cain't weather a storm.

Hint...………………...
Posted By: Remington280 Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/09/19
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Trystan

[Linked Image]

LMFAO

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this!

Ohh and OP...very nice rifle!

Made my day reading that..... pretty damn funny.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem700 7mm/08 - 05/09/19
Few things funnier,than Window Lickers...taste testing. Congratulations?!?

Hint...……………………….
© 24hourcampfire