Home
Posted By: Sixpack Trigger - 04/28/19
The only trigger I have ever used has been Timney. If a guy bought a new 700, what trigger would you recommend? Just looking for a good trigger in the 3# range for hunting. Do the XMark triggers respond well to a spring change or is replacement better? Looking for opinions...

Thanks
Posted By: Judman Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
I throw mine in the garbage and call 805 hunter, love his worked over walker triggers. I've Jewell and timney as well, but prefer 805's....
Posted By: joe6555 Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
After many years of using the factory trigger adjusted to about 3#, I bought a Triggertech. Best money I ever spent on a trigger. I have Timney's on several rifles and like the TT much better. JMO
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
I've switched a couple over to Jard's. Been very happy for a hunting trigger.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
If you want THE best - http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=cgxtrememod22
Posted By: Shooter71 Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
Triggertech specials are nice. I agree that 805 worked Walkers are great. Not sure if he’s still doing it but snag one if you see it.
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
Originally Posted by Judman
I throw mine in the garbage and call 805 hunter, love his worked over walker triggers. I've Jewell and timney as well, but prefer 805's....

Much obliged sir!

Originally Posted by joe6555
After many years of using the factory trigger adjusted to about 3#, I bought a Triggertech. Best money I ever spent on a trigger. I have Timney's on several rifles and like the TT much better. JMO

Does triggertech require fitment? Every Timney has had to have clearance around the safety lever and the trigger body/shoe, especially on my McMillians. What makes the TriggerTech better? Just curious.

Thanks for all the replies! Keep em coming!
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
This one?

https://triggertech.com/products/rem-700-special-trigger
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
I use Shilen and Jewell.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
I really like the TriggerTech as well, I have 2 of the primary triggers and like them a lot. I have most of my hunting rifles set at 2 3/4 lbs pull weight which is just fine for the primary trigger so didn't feel the need to spend extra for their higher end ones. No issues with fitting and both have been perfect. About the only thing I wish they would change just a little bit is the amount of force needed to engage the safety, its a little too light IMHO, never had it come off safety so probably not a problem but its a bit too easy to move off and on if that makes sense.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
Originally Posted by joe6555

Been very happy with the TriggerTechs so far. Got them in my Whelen, 300 RUM and Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. Can’t beat the adjustments.
Posted By: lastround Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
I have a TriggerTech on a M700 and I am very satisfied. I think it’s probably the best replacement trigger available.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Trigger - 04/28/19
Fan of TT here as well.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Trigger tech easy drop in and very very great at any price.
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Sounds like TriggerTech is gonna be the way to go.

Thinking hard on a SPS Stainless 7-08, new trigger in a McSwirly Mtn Rifle stock and having barrel bobbed back to 21” as a perfect Deep South deer rig!

Thanks for all the response! Preciate it!
Posted By: 01Foreman400 Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
I’ve got several Jewell and Timney triggers. Don’t get me wrong they are nice triggers. All my new trigger purchases are TriggerTechs. The last 4 I bought I paid $113 each for them. It’s a no brainer at that price.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Originally Posted by Sixpack

Thinking hard on a SPS Stainless 7-08, new trigger in a McSwirly Mtn Rifle stock and having barrel bobbed back to 21” as a perfect Deep South deer rig!

This almost matches your specs - SPS stainless 7MM-08 - but stock is a Classic Edge and the barrel is chopped @ 22.5" with TriggerTech primary. It works:)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sixpack Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

This almost matches your specs - SPS stainless 7MM-08 - but stock is a Classic Edge and the barrel is chopped @ 22.5" with TriggerTech primary. It works:)

[Linked Image]

Very, very close to what I want! How does it shoot?
Posted By: Tejano Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
At 2.75 lbs the Trigger Tech is good. Lighter then the Jewel starts to shine, but I have buggered up a Jewel by getting sugar sand in it. The Trigger Tech can take more grit than most others. Have not tried the "Elite" version but don't think it is worth it until you are under 2 lbs. The Timney Calvin Elite is very nice but the standard does just fine at the heavier settings. The Shilen is good too.
Posted By: kingston Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
TT 700 Special or Bix ‘N Andy Tac Sport.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
I love my bix n Andy (except the price) and have a X-treme enroute currently. Always got a long fine with Timneys but TT owns that price point hands down.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

[Linked Image]

Very, very close to what I want! How does it shoot?

I had Eddie Fosnaugh do one of his awesome bedding jobs on it and install the trigger - shoots just about anything great, the factory 120 grain Ballistic Tips have just been ridiculously accurate.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Trigger - 04/29/19
Another vote for Triggertech.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Trigger - 04/30/19
The only trigger I have ever used has been Timney. If a guy bought a new 700, what trigger would you recommend? Just looking for a good trigger in the 3# range for hunting. Do the XMark triggers respond well to a spring change or is replacement better? Looking for opinions...

Thanks
Triggertech.

Simply OUTstanding... https://triggertech.com/
Posted By: JPro Re: Trigger - 04/30/19

I've long thought that if my rifles vanished tomorrow, my replacement for the light sporter category would be that exact rifle, likely shooting the 120TTSX at 3,000+. My daughter shoots an SS SPS 7mm-08 that a prior owner crowned at 20" and it has never been picky with regards to accuracy. Hers is bedded/floated in an SPS youth handle for now.

Regarding triggers, I like Timneys best, followed by tuned Walkers. No experience with the Triggertech yet. I will add that a few buddies had me put Ernie the Gunsmith springs in their recent 700 ADL purchases and the newer X-marks have actually tuned up pretty well, to a safe and clean 2-2.5lbs.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Trigger - 04/30/19

Thanks

The Mark triggers are pure schitt, and if you like Timneys thats the way I'd go. I use the old style Walker triggers personally, but have installed Timneys for friends.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Trigger - 05/02/19
Another vote for the Trigger Tech. They are awesome for the money.
© 24hourcampfire