Home
https://www.browning.com/products/firearm/rifles/x-bolt/limited-availability/xbolt-wgm-maple.html
Link posted above won't work........Go to the Browning site under limited availability......White gold medallion with a monte carlo maple stock; stainless octagon barrel.....Beautiful.
I would rather have that stainless xbolt pro
I don't own one because it is a little "too much" for hunting, but I do love the look of a maple stock.
Not crazy about light maple stocks, but Winchester had a few with dark maple that looked very nice.
See if this works

Browning Gold Medallion Octagon
Originally Posted by Darryle
..................Yep! That worked......Thanks....................I would tend to like the rifle a bit better with a matte black or hi luster black barrel.
Its nothing some spray paint wouldnt fix
I have big hands and I find all the Browning bolt guns to have a small/tight wrist. Lots of them out here in "Browning country". smile I do like the older Browning Safari Hi Power rifles, but they are so heavy. They are fine for shooting out of a box blind or similar. I am not keen on packing one in the mountains, but am a sucker for FN actions! smile
If o could knock off that dreaded high gloss shine on the stock I could prolly really like it
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Not crazy about light maple stocks, but Winchester had a few with dark maple that looked very nice.

I don't understand why they leave them light instead of giving them a little stain to really bring out the curl. It doesn't take much on a good piece of curly maple.
I have an older (2004) A-Bolt "White Gold Medallion" in 300 WSM if anyone is interested.
PICS and price to an e-mail addy.
I have one thats polished blue with nice figured oil finished walnut and has the octagonal barrel. Mine is an A Bolt 3.
Both Browning and Winchester had some good looking wood on their maple stocked rifles,

but this one tripped my trigger......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dakota 76 Alpine, 280 Remington

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB
(bumping an old thread back to the top)

Changed my mind! After some more research, I've come to really like these fancy X-Bolt rifles. That octagonal barrel is irresistible. And, that they come chambered in 28 Nosler adds to the allure for me. Unfortunately, every Browning retailer I have contacted is out of stock in that model/caliber (and pretty much out of any other caliber in that model, too). Anyone know where I might find a Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion Maple in 28 Nosler? Thanks!
Originally Posted by shinbone
(bumping an old thread back to the top)

Changed my mind! After some more research, I've come to really like these fancy X-Bolt rifles. That octagonal barrel is irresistible. And, that they come chambered in 28 Nosler adds to the allure for me. Unfortunately, every Browning retailer I have contacted is out of stock in that model/caliber (and pretty much out of any other caliber in that model, too). Anyone know where I might find a Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion Maple in 28 Nosler? Thanks!
........................I got this off the Browning site......Ahern Group LLC in Ft Worth TX......817-237-9000............MSRP $1720.........Yep! The 28 Nosler chambered in this particular rifle is extremely alluring!! Too bad Browning sticks with all of the more traditional rounds in their std Medallion maple offering.
© 24hourcampfire