Home
Quick question. I would like to know if someone can measure what the distance is from the front most base screw to the rear most? Most pictures I have seen have the scope pushed far forward with the rings pretty much at the bell and occular. I have a vortex HD LH 3-15x42 that has 5.7" mounting surface and I'm trying to figure out if I can go with a classic look ala the steel Talley and if I can mount the scope back far enough to get enough eye relief at all magnification levels when wearing layers for hunting. I would much prefer a classic look on a lazermark if this will work, over a rail. I've also had alpha mounts from near which are perfect but another $400 for a mount isn't happening right now, wife says so.

Appreciate your thoughts.
I think Talley reversible steel bases should work nicely .
How much extra room does the extended version give?
Maybe 1/2 inch. I would call Talley, I have used both regular and extended bases on Mark V's with even shorter tube scopes (leupold 2.5-8)
Called Talley and they recommend the extended base and medium rings.

Thanks
Talley has done numerous favors for me, unexpectedly, over the years that put zero dollars in their pocket. I love their products. I use them as exclusively as possible. Gary Turner is a good man, as well as those employed by him.
© 24hourcampfire