Home
Posted By: limabean Kimber rifles - 05/22/19
Seems like I remember hearing kimber had some real accuracy issues at one time especially in the 7mm-08 caliber. Does anyone know what timeframe that was? Reason for asking is I found either a select grade in 7mm-08 or a montana in 308 which both look like new with rings and bases. Both are priced at 750.00 and I want one of them. I'm leaning towards the select grade in 7mm-08. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Kimber rifles - 05/22/19
I e got a Classic .308, Classic Selects in .257 Roberts and .30-06. All bought used. The .308 does well. The .257 does really well.

The .30-06, if you squint and cross your eyes you can pretend it got a 1” group. Dad and I shot a dozen loads, the best one was close to an inch, everything else was 1.5”-2”. In fairness we didn’t go back to square one and start checking everything (screw tightness, scope, magazine interference etc). Switched to a JC Higgins 50 at the same time and every combination was under an inch
Posted By: addicted Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
I have 3) Montana’s (260, 308 and 300 Win Mag)... all shoot 1/2” CTC.

I had a few 270 WSM’s that had a hard time grouping... had.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
The selects really are attractive rifles.i need one, haha
Posted By: tuam76 Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
Let me know which one you don’t take.

Great rifles. If you experience any issues google the Montana pre flight check list.

Many folks have great accuracy with them right out of box.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
Have two AAA French,257(middle) & 308 both 1" or better. [Linked Image]
Posted By: RDW Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
For 750 I would be on the Montana as a donor for a match grade, properly twisted and threaded barrel chambered for whatever I was planning to shoot.

I sold multiple Montana barrels for ~100
Posted By: drakecasey Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
I bought a used Kimber 7mm-08 Montana from the classifieds here. It shot 1.5" groups so I bedded the recoil lug and tang, and free floated the barrel. It now consistently numerous loads sub-MOA. Shoot me a PM if you want any additional information or assistance.
Posted By: Quak Re: Kimber rifles - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by sqweeler
Have two AAA French,257(middle) & 308 both 1" or better. [Linked Image]

Those bottom two sure are pretty. I hope you use them and enjoy them! Great looking rifles for sure and in two great chamberings.
© 24hourcampfire