Home
Tripped and fell into a screaming deal on a Sako stainless in a McMillan stock plus the factory stock today. Honestly don't even know what model because my Dad was at the LGS and saw it, called me and said it looked really clean and told me the price (less than 600....). I told him to have the owner put it back and I'd be up Friday to pay for it.. Even had the original McMillan box with the $502 sales receipt in the box..... I figured there is no way I can loose money on it....

Anyhow, any recommendations for a good middle of the road towards higher end scope for it? I have a couple Leupolds and a couple Vortex that I like, but figured with the caliber, I might for 12x range with either dials or BDC. Just looking for ideas.

Also, anything to look out for, never owned a Sako before.
Doug at camera land on this site and MidwayUSA has some on clearance Lieca German glass as good as it gets I like the 3-16 power range on my 270 wsm. I just purchased a Nightforce NXS 5-22-50 might be a little much just got it
Sounds like you got a steal on this . It's either a 75,85 or A7. I would look at 2-12 or 2-10 glass
3.5x10
I have found each of these to give good service for the types of game, distances and time of day/eve which I shoot!

ya!

GWB

Zeiss Conquest, 2.5-8 x 32

[Linked Image]

Sako M-75, Hunter, 9.3 x 62

Leupold 2-5- 8 x32

[Linked Image]

Sako Riihimaki, 222 Rem

Swarovski 3-9 x 32 Habicht

[Linked Image]

Sako M-75 Varmint Stainless Laminate, 260 Rem.

Leupold 4.5-14 x 40

[Linked Image]

Sako L61R, Varmint, 7mm Rem Mag

Swarovski Z3 3-12 x 50

[Linked Image]

Top: M85, Bavarian Carbine, 30-06 Springfield
Bottom: M85, Bavarian Carbine, 308 Win.

Schmidt & Bender 3-12 x 42.

[Linked Image]

M85 Bavarian, 6.5 x 55SE

4.5x14 Leupold CDS on my Sako’s

[Linked Image]
With 270 wsm I’d go 12 power to see little better further out. I’m huge fan of 2-10 but there have been times I wish I had little more top end when shooting target past 500 yards..
Anyways.
Look at the tract scopes as they are having a sale and even some scopes in outlet.
Their bdc is simple and effective but I prefer dial for shots past 400 yards.
First off...SWEET FIND!! As for the glass I'm with the others, something in the 3-12 or 3-15 range. Lots of good options there between Leupold, Zeiss, Meopta. I've got some of each and especially like my old Meopta Artemis 2000, it's great in low light. Doug at Cameraland had some on sale a few weeks ago. Being a holiday weekend it should be good for finding deals.
I have two Meopta scopes, one An Artemis an the other a Meopro. They are fine scopes.

ya!

GWB
Another vote for a 4.5-14-40. That’s what I have on my .270WSM and I’m very pleased with the set up.
Loving the wood. In a non gay non fan boy way
Last season, I bought a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 for my new Tikka 7mm mag. Absolutely one of the finest scopes that I have ever bought. My other scopes are Kahles and Zeiss victory and the Meopta can easily keep up with both in glass quality. Perfect magnification for long range. Smoked a nice Muley at 350 yards and it was perfect.
I’d call Doug at cameraland and ask what deals on a Meopta he has. Lots of scope for the money imo.
Originally Posted by ReadyRob
Last season, I bought a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 for my new Tikka 7mm mag. Absolutely one of the finest scopes that I have ever bought. My other scopes are Kahles and Zeiss victory and the Meopta can easily keep up with both in glass quality. Perfect magnification for long range. Smoked a nice Muley at 350 yards and it was perfect.

My .270 WSM wears the Conquest version of the Meopta above. I have several of these in both versions and they are fantastic imo.
© 24hourcampfire