Home
Posted By: Jeffrey Swapping Buttstock on Rem 7600 - 06/02/19
Have a 15 year old 7600 synthetic in 308. Running iron sights with a Williams peep. Original stock is Monte Carlo, obviously designed for use with scope. Are there any stocks out there with a straight comb? Can I swap one from an 870? The action looks like it could be about the same size as maybe a 20ga 870.

Jeff
20 ga 870 should work. If not look for an older 760 stock they didn't have a month carlo
Awesome. I’ll look around. Thanks!
There is a straight comb 760 stok on eBay for 35 bucks right now
These stocks are perfect for receiver sights.

[Linked Image]
Will this work on the 742 woodmaster or the ole "jam-o matic" ? Was given my grandfathers 30-06 when he passed and I just picked it up as a memento and placed it in the safe, however I'd like to fix it. The butt stock is like a hard piece of plastic that is half broken off. Could probably get by with a grind to fit limbsaver, but open to suggestions. He kept it spotless and given the name, his never jammed, but he kept it clean.
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Will this work on the 742 woodmaster or the ole "jam-o matic" ? Was given my grandfathers 30-06 when he passed and I just picked it up as a memento and placed it in the safe, however I'd like to fix it. The butt stock is like a hard piece of plastic that is half broken off. Could probably get by with a grind to fit limbsaver, but open to suggestions. He kept it spotless and given the name, his never jammed, but he kept it clean.

Yup
© 24hourcampfire