Home
Posted By: smithrjd Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
LGS had a Ruger that I have not seen before come in on consignment. 77 Model, very nice walnut and checkering. Iron sights, sling swivel on the barrel. 6.5X55, think it might be a Lipsey's special. Not priced yet, is this one a rare one?
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
Its very desirable at the least.
Posted By: lastround Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
What you saw might be what Ruger called the “Express Rifle”. It came with a few extras such as nicely done Circassian walnut stocks and sights.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
Yea, just did a google search, looks like an African model/special. No fore end tip, and a black butt pad.
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
It is probably the African from last year. If it is, should have a black fore end and a barrel band sling swivel. Nice guns, reported to be good shooters. They were a special limited run for Lipseys. Not sure how many were made, but the Africans are usually limited runs. There are some new ones still listed on Gubroker. If I was still adding guns to my collection, I'd get one.
Bfly
Posted By: lastround Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19

Check out the thread above this one titled “Ruger Hawkeye”. There is a picture, but it doesn’t have the barrel mounted sling stud or fancy walnut.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/09/19
A fellow at the range had one last year. Very nicely done. A Lipseys variant for about $1K - well worth it.
Posted By: Quak Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/11/19
Agree with above...awesome rifle. Worth about 8-1100. They year prior they made it in 275 Rigby and this year in 9.3x62.

If I were still buying factory rifles I’d own one too
Posted By: las Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/12/19
If you ever come by a 77V tang from the 70's, in .25-06 with fiddleback stock from forend to butt pad, it's mine.*

Damn, I was dumb for selling it. I want it back!

* Last gun I ever sold that was mine. - Kick me hard!!!!
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/15/19
So did smithrjd buy it?
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by las
If you ever come by a 77V tang from the 70's, in .25-06 with fiddleback stock from forend to butt pad, it's mine.*

Damn, I was dumb for selling it. I want it back!

* Last gun I ever sold that was mine. - Kick me hard!!!!

What is this "Selling" guns?

We are programmed to buy.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/15/19
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Yea, just did a google search, looks like an African model/special. No fore end tip, and a black butt pad.

^^^this^^^

Our resident Whittaker Gun’s Store member just sold one here for the store. Lasted a whole 15 minutes.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ttaker-guns-deal-of-the-day#Post13902262
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/16/19
Yes it did look like that, No I have not bought it. They have not priced it yet. Didn't see rings or anything else, doesn't mean they don't have them. For the price of Whittaker's one I would buy it. I love the Swedes, just not sure about a Ruger.
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/16/19
Well I'm sure about a Ruger!
I have one of the Lipsey's African 6.5 x 55's and if I would have been
home when shortactionsmoker posted that one I would have 2 at the price.
Mine is way more than adequately accurate. No not sub-MOA but most
days I'm not either.........+
Posted By: shinbone Re: Odd Ruger today - 06/16/19
Originally Posted by smithrjd
They have not priced it yet.

Perfect! Go in and make an offer. The shop would love to sell it before investing any more effort into it.
© 24hourcampfire