Home
Posted By: aalf New Target Stand - 06/11/19

My take on a portable target stand.......

I wanted/needed something weather proof that I could leave outside all the time, and have enough height to be above the foliage in the set aside field.

Inch and a half PVC, five feet tall, two feet wide, with vinyl J-channel screwed to the 2 sides and the bottom. I'll staple targets to pieces of cardboard cut to size to slide in the channels. None of the connections are glued, so I can just pop the top support off to slide them in.

Might have to pour some sand in the legs to keep them from tipping over.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: longshot3 Re: New Target Stand - 06/11/19
That is nice! And, easy enough to fix if someone clips a side piece. Good on ya!
Posted By: gunswizard Re: New Target Stand - 06/11/19
I made a PVC target stand very similar to yours several years ago and it has served me very well. Like you I did not glue the PVC together and was glad that I didn't as I have had to replace a couple of pieces damaged by errant shots.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
I've seen them like that before. I prefer my base instead. It is a lot more stable in the wind:
[Linked Image]

And we have a lot of wind here in the gorge to contend with...

I use this type of stand now, as i don't have to tell my buddies to keep their bullets on the target. Buddies have a way of always hitting the pvc pipe. Now I just throw the targets on and have at it...:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 16bore Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
Used to do something similar with slots for lathing strips.
Posted By: kingston Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
I like the sanitary tees! :-)
Posted By: WiFowler Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
Run outta milk and water jugs, did ya?

Originally Posted by aalf

My take on a portable target stand.......

I wanted/needed something weather proof that I could leave outside all the time, and have enough height to be above the foliage in the set aside field.

Inch and a half PVC, five feet tall, two feet wide, with vinyl J-channel screwed to the 2 sides and the bottom. I'll staple targets to pieces of cardboard cut to size to slide in the channels. None of the connections are glued, so I can just pop the top support off to slide them in.

Might have to pour some sand in the legs to keep them from tipping over.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aalf Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
Originally Posted by kingston
I like the sanitary tees! :-)

Cheaper than the regular tees, even more so in the 10 pack......pinchin' pennies......
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Run outta milk and water jugs, did ya?

Running seriously short, but these are for zeroing/testing, not for "fun"......
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I use this type of stand now, as i don't have to tell my buddies to keep their bullets on the target. Buddies have a way of always hitting the pvc pipe. Now I just throw the targets on and have at it...:[Linked Image]

I don't have any buddies, so damage will be all me.......

Because these are going to be left outside 24/7, I originally was going to build them out of treated wood, but decided on the PVC route instead.

These have 3 literally 1000's & 1000's of shots at and through them. They were built using the galvanized frame from furnace filters. The 2 on the ends had the top piece on each wore to a frazzle till they broke in half & I took them off.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Setterman Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
Hey BSA:

You ought to be ashamed. Nobody keeps a gun room that neat and clean. Good God!

Bob
Posted By: Bwana_1 Re: New Target Stand - 06/12/19
Archers have been building the pvc stands for decades, and a roll of brown wrapping paper on the middle cross bar....pull up to top, and clip with magnum paper clips.
Posted By: aalf Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Archers have been building the pvc stands for decades, and a roll of brown wrapping paper on the middle cross bar....pull up to top, and clip with magnum paper clips.

Never said I invented the idea......
Posted By: aalf Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19

Gave 'em a shot of flat black, just for the hell-of-it, and cut 8 pieces of cardboard for ease of switching targets.....

[Linked Image]

First stand I made with 4 one foot legs and the 2nd I went with one & a half foot instead. May modify them like BSA's on the front and back with a couple elbows & cross pieces.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19
Variation on a theme. This one is fairly short to keep the wind from rocking it and if the wind kicks up a sandbag or such placed on a crosspiece keeps it stable. Like yours everything is just press fit together for ease of replacing parts - anything downrange will get hit eventually. wink For transport the top is pulled out of the bottom.

I like the rails on yours to slide backers in and out, mine are screwed/bolted onto the frame but a backer lasts up to a thousand or more shots so they don't have to be replaced too often, and even then it's a five minute job.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JSTUART Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19
Thank you fellas, i shall get a pup out of those and do a couple for myself.

Regards.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19
Originally Posted by Setterman
Hey BSA:

You ought to be ashamed. Nobody keeps a gun room that neat and clean. Good God!

Bob

It's really absurd! Geeze, pile some chit up! Random box of crap here and there. You know, something to "hunt" through...
Posted By: Big Stick Re: New Target Stand - 06/13/19
If a guy ran the height to 13' and had a butcher paper roller atop,he could tall target test 40 Mils of erector travel,in one whack. It'd be easier than subtending low with the reticle,to keep the erector going,on a lesser height backer. The ability to add/subtract pipe joints,would make it a breeze.

Hint.................
Posted By: gunswizard Re: New Target Stand - 06/14/19
This guy must be on drugs, WTF is he talking about.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: New Target Stand - 06/14/19
Cumguzzler,

Your IQ ain't in "question".

Yes it is....you Amazingly STUPID fhuqk.

Bless your heart,for TRYING.

Hint...................
Posted By: fredIII Re: New Target Stand - 06/14/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Cumguzzler,

Your IQ ain't in "question".

Yes it is....you Amazingly STUPID fhuqk.

Bless your heart,for TRYING.

Hint...................

You referring to the X or the daughter? You poor fat fûck
Fredrica,

If/when you sober up,feel free to "talk" about MOA or MIL's...as you battle your addictions.

Hint...................
Ya except I ain’t drinking just enjoying beating your fat ass like the lazy cùnt you are. Hint.
Originally Posted by fredIII
Ya except I ain’t drinking just enjoying beating your fat ass like the lazy cùnt you are. Hint.

Oh my!

Hint............
PS all my scopes are moa. And I don’t chase the wind late at night because my wife is screwing someone else in my bed

[Linked Image]

All will barely do .3
Fredrica,

Your "all",is a fhuqking JOKE. Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fredrica,

Your "all",is a fhuqking JOKE. Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Per SS sucking ass for everything killing. Hint and I said all not that’s all. You poor retarded scumbag.
Posted By: hanco Re: New Target Stand - 06/14/19
I build mine out of 1” square tubing, weld it together, zip tie a piece of plywood to it. That’s faster than fooling with PVC
I enjoy a Drooler's slurred Insecurities.

Hint................(grin)
Posted By: navlav8r Re: New Target Stand - 06/15/19
Political “vote for me” signs work just fine...😊

If it’s a little windy, brace it with an cheap stick😀
© 24hourcampfire