Home
Posted By: Tri70 So You Really Need That Gun..... - 06/15/19
What would you do for that next gun?? My daughter is going to college this fall and is donating plasma for funds. What would you do for extra income to buy your next pride and joy? Myself, I ref basketball and ump softball games.
I work every Saturday at a dunhams store selling guns and fishing stuff
I got nephew that sold plasma and bought a Ruger 300 WM
Same as what I do for food and shelter, wait for Direct Deposit.
I pick up brass at the range when I go shooting and scrap it for cash..
I collect all my change in a jar.
I get cash rebates on my credit cards.
The proceeds of those three sources buys me a gun a year. Plus sometimes I just buy one as a splurge.
I usually try to find OT when I need the extra cash. I try not to need extra cash🙂
Late last summer I finally got around to listing a bunch of "junk" on Ebay that had been taking up space Some of it was gun accessories, some old toys from up in the attic, stuff like that. Even sold a vintage KISS t-shirt for $300. Before I knew it, I had about $1900. Now the smart thing to do would have been to put it in the bank or use it for some home repair project. Instead, I put another $700 with it and bought this .370 Sako Magnum. I had been wanting one for awhile, but coming up with the $2600 all at once for a new toy wasn't happening so the Ebay selling spree made it possible.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Late last summer I finally got around to listing a bunch of "junk" on Ebay that had been taking up space Some of it was gun accessories, some old toys from up in the attic, stuff like that. Even sold a vintage KISS t-shirt for $300. Before I knew it, I had about $1900. Now the smart thing to do would have been to put it in the bank or use it for some home repair project. Instead, I put another $600 with it and bought a this .370 Sako Magnum. I had been wanting one for awhile, but coming up with the $2600 all at once for a new toy wasn't happening so the Ebay selling spree made it possible.

[Linked Image]

Now that's the way to do it! Wish I had an old KISS t-shirt around!
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Same as what I do for food and shelter, wait for Direct Deposit.

+1 LMFAO
Pass on a new set of Zipp 303's for a couple paychecks.
Production bonuses help me out.
Quit smoking a few days ago.

$250 a month should let me snag a new gun every so often, basically for free smile
I just work overtime. I work 7 days on 7 days off and they usually need bodies for most of the week off.
A little prevailing wage goes a long way grin
I left the wife and kids to go to the sandbox for a year. 36 more days, and I might be picking up empty soda cans on the side of the road for shooting funds. Actually, if I can land a good job, I'm just going to wait until the direct deposit hits the bank and then buy what I want after the bills are paid. I paid quite a bit off in the last 11 months being here, so fewer bills make it easier to afford toys now. I also have been told to come see my former boss at a part-time gig I had before I left as he may need some help again, so for $37 an hour I might do it.
1) Sell off projects that have been sitting around too long.
2) Fire up the sawmill on weekends.
When I feel like I need a new rig, I lay down until that feeling goes away....
The so called wife left 21 years ago. My wages went up drastically about that time too. All worked out. Now retired with toys out the wazoo
If I drive my personal truck to a particular job site, my company pays me mileage. It's an eays 300 miles...Several trips later I just picked up an xbolt western hunter in 7mm RM.
Make sure the wife gets to work ok.
Originally Posted by Tri70
What would you do for that next gun??

I wait and conserve paycheck. There's a bit more $$ coming in than is going out so if I am disciplined in my spending, once in a while I get something new and shiny (or blued), and if I'm wasteful, I don't. Pretty simple. Live within my means.

Tom
Not a damn thing. I've already got more than I'll ever need.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Not a damn thing. I've already got more than I'll ever need.

Same here but that doesn't stop me. Although I wish it would.
Originally Posted by 16bore
When I feel like I need a new rig, I lay down until that feeling goes away....

Pretty much this. Been thinking bout cleaning out the safe. I could get down to about a dozen or so and not feel disadvantaged.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
Make sure the wife gets to work ok.

Folks we have a winner!
Got a friend who picks up scrap metal every now and then on his days off and has a fair amount of money set aside from this. He is talking about buying a nice 22 revolver when he has enough money
I bought a Glock 20 from donating plasma.
Originally Posted by RMiller2

How much money is there in donating plasma?
Originally Posted by moosemike

Around here (NE WI) it was $40 per donation, two a week max, when I checked a couple years ago. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It paid half that back in the early nineties when I did it to buy a few guns of my own.
OK Wow. Thanks.

Originally Posted by trplem
Originally Posted by moosemike

Around here (NE WI) it was $40 per donation, two a week max, when I checked a couple years ago. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It paid half that back in the early nineties when I did it to buy a few guns of my own.

In NW Arkansas they get $50/donation limit of 2/week.
Can't remember when "need" had anything to do with it.
Phil
My overtime usually goes for ammo ( bullets & reloading supplies) most of my money goes to pay bills and keep the wife and kids happy. Sometimes I buy a gun cheap, not necessarily a “wanted” gun, and use it for sale or trade down the road.
I worked 2700 hours last year with a month off in the summer. OT pays for extras.
I have summers off from work so I picked up a few side gigs, one will end up being 200/day for ~ 3 hours of work and the other is 32.00/hour with ~ 20 hours of overtime each week. Both jobs last approximately 5 weeks.

That should give me some play money.
© 24hourcampfire