Home
Ok......so you have “your” favorite. What if you could have another ‘fire memeber’s rig?

There’s a M70 EW in an Edge that pops up every now and then that I’d like then there’s a fluted 7-08 of BS that I’ve always been partial to.

Summer boredom, gonna have to think a bit on that one. GW has so many I can’t even keep track.
I like several of Dirtfarmer's rifles, as well as geedubya's..
I am pretty partial to a certain .275 Rigby rifle that belongs to one of our members from Texas.
Kingston has a couple...a Pierce and Weichel build that would look better in my safe than his. 😎
Sakohunter 264 has some beaut's.

A sweet Sako Bavarian half stock in 7mm-08

A Kimber Classic in 308 that iIRC Redneck had a hand in perfecting.

and a 6.5-06 custom that I would love to own.

If Jason sees this, maybe he will put em' up!

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah...Geedub taunts me with a Sako Bavarian on occasion...
elkhunternm has a Mauser 7x57 I covet..... a Biesen M70 posted recently and pretty much all of Whitebird's rifles.... smile
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yep.....

And, anybody that has a good condition M64 Winchester in .30-30, well, I'm jealous.
Originally Posted by irfubar
elkhunternm has a Mauser 7x57 I covet.....

According to him, that ain't enough rifle for rabbits....but it is nice...
I enjoy looking at GeeDubya’s pics, he just seems like a man that knows how to live life. But if I had to pic one rifle one here it would probably be that 7x57 that Butch Lambert posted

I'm not usually a Kimber Classic fan, but this one trips my trigger!

[Linked Image]

Jason's (Sakohunter 264) Classic Kimber, 308 Win.(IIRC)

ya!

GWB
I want one of Big Sticks rainbow trout rifles😂😂😂
elkhunternm has a Mauser 7x57 I covet..... a Biesen M70 posted recently and pretty much all of Whitebird's rifles.... smile

Strategic on my part not to mention your fine iron ladies you own... Should any ever go missing during a drunken stupor. I wouldn’t be considered a suspect...🤫😎
Elks rifle barrels have all been shot out on wabbits. 🤷‍♀️😎
Anybody covet someone’s 270 Win?

Asking for a gay friend of Irfubar’s 😂😎
I can’t remember if that Edge stocked one is a 270 or 308. I’d take Brads 22” 270 Montana.....that’s damn near perfect.

I would settle for a slow meander through Butch's firearms safe.
Originally Posted by geedubya

I'm not usually a Kimber Classic fan, but this one trips my trigger!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

This! Not sure if this was one of the ones Carlos (Karnis) refinished the stocks on. If so, I missed buying it by .0000052 seconds and still think about it quite a bit. If it wasn’t one of the rifles that Carlos did, than someone else has a similarly beautiful rifle.

Also GWB, anything from your safe would do as well. You have some spectacular rifles.

Lastly I want Stick’s ‘666 and ‘Buck Remover rifles, just for the ‘collector value’ alone. Also the similarly famous Recrowned 7mm-08 Kimber Montana that could not possibly be made to shoot, but eventually did.
...... and pretty much all of Whitebird's rifles.... smile

Yeah, but you CAN'T have this one !!

[Linked Image]

I've already claimed this 6.5-06 that belongs to Whitebird. He hasn't sold it to me yet............. I'm waiting.

Pic is in the Deer Hunting Forum, Let's see some really big deer -- Thread on P 72, 2/18/17

Jerry
Damn Jerry that's my fave......... wonder what brand of cigars & whiskey Whitebird prefers? I am not above bribery..... smile

Oh and Beav, I own three 270's with a fourth on the way.... I am so ashamed..... frown
Geedub posts some of the nicest rifle pics ive seen on the Fire though there are several more that post pics of some nice rigs .....Hb
Everything Irfubar owns.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Everything Irfubar owns.

Haha my Savages would give you the "vapors"....... smile

I don't post pic's of them because I am ashamed of them as I am my 270's......
Phil Shoemaker's Ol' Ugly.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Everything Irfubar owns.

Haha my Savages would give you the "vapors"....... smile

I don't post pic's of them because I am ashamed of them as I am my 270's......

I can handle Savages. wink
Behold a Savage in all it's glory.... hahahaha

Ugly as a mud fence , but damn they shoot....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

[Linked Image]

Bada bing bada boom..... good call goat
I like Dirtfarmer's modified 375 H&H model 70 Stainless Classic with the shortened fluted barrel. Have the same rifle but unmodified. One of these days maybe I'll get to that.
I’d pay a visit to Shrapnel’s house. His stuff is very nice in my eyes.
Anything Geedubya owns
Originally Posted by Godogs57

No doubt Shrap's place is at the top of the list come raid time..... smile
I wouldn't want to have any of Shrapnel's guns but a weekend talking and shooting with the man would be fantastic.
Old Bobby has a Brownell 7mm Rem Mag I REALLY loved. That sucker would be a classy elk rifle on the mountain.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Plus, I know it shoots like crazy or it wouldn’t have stuck around his place.
BobinNH ?
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.
Handwerk and pathfinder76 have some lovely M70’s in Echols Legend stocks I quite like.
This is one........and it’s a 270 to boot....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by beretzs
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.

I miss Bob..... frown
[Linked Image]

Yep! Easy one for me.

Next would be about anything scenarshooter saw fit to sacrifice. smile
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.

I miss Bob..... frown

Same here buddy.
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.

I miss Bob..... frown

frown Same here.
a Biesen M70 posted recently

I have a pic of that one too. whistle

Since I passed on it..... you can have it. grin

Jerry
There are lots of nice rifles displayed on this forum. Every time geedubya posts photos I have to stop and admire his taste in firearms. There are lots of others as well.

That said, I don't want or need anyone else's rifles. I sold my one safe queen and don't want another. The rifle I'm building now on a Savage 111 action and factory birch stock probably won't be complete until next year and it likely won't set anyone else's heart afire with desire to own it. It will, however, meet my needs and, like many of my firearms, probably get handed down to daughters or grandkids. My daughters already have a history with some of them and, hopefully, will cherish others as I do the firearms I have that were handed down to me by Granddad.

It is kind of like sports cars - I like looking at them, enjoy driving them when I can rent one, but have no desire to own one.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Ok......so you have “your” favorite. What if you could have another ‘fire memeber’s rig?

There’s a M70 EW in an Edge that pops up every now and then that I’d like then there’s a fluted 7-08 of BS that I’ve always been partial to.

Summer boredom, gonna have to think a bit on that one. GW has so many I can’t even keep track.

I want you XTR featherweight that shoots 1 ragged hole... grin
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.

I miss Bob..... frown

frown Same here.

I miss Bob too..
My fav, my trusty ole encore prohunter 35 wheeler. Jim hendershot (?) fixed the trigger for me. I’ve only seen two with a factory brake.

I’ve seen several LH’s on here thst make me envious though.

Geedubya’s gun and knife pics never disappoint. Actually i look forward to them!

[Linked Image]

That's my rifle, I bought the rifle off of RenoH414 and the Edge from TDN. The classifieds here have been pretty good to me when I have cash to spare.

I think TC1 puts together some pretty cool stuff.
I’d have to say any rifle Pat AKA scenarshooter owns.
Any number of guns that Shrapnel posts.

[Linked Image]

Oh and the scopes that go with them. wink
Originally Posted by jwall

[Linked Image]

I've already claimed this 6.5-06 that belongs to Whitebird. He hasn't sold it to me yet............. I'm waiting.

Pic is in the Deer Hunting Forum, Let's see some really big deer -- Thread on P 72, 2/18/17

Jerry

Nice rifle.

Too bad about all those splotches and streaks on the stock.😛
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
BobinNH ?

Yes sir.

I miss Bob..... frown

frown Same here.

I miss Bob too..

I’d love to have his Simillion 7 Masher as well. That’s a perfect western killing gun. I built mine on his blueprint but I’d still rather have his!

[Linked Image]

I’ve got a buddy that loves him some Savages and for a fun builder I definitely can see how much fun they can be. Especially with great barrels ready to get turned on in a few minutes. Cool rifle.
[quote=Pappy348][quote=jwall]

[Linked Image]

Nice rifle.

Too bad about all those splotches and streaks on the stock.😛
-------------------------------------------------

grin grin

Jerry
I like Steelhead's Ruger M77RSI 250 Savage.

Hanco has some great rifles also.
I'd pick a 6.5 GAP out of scenarshooter's safe, but only if the scope came with it.

Oh yeah, and he'd have to sweeten the deal with a few hunnerd of his handloads......
This one of Whitebird's is pretty damn nice!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I’ve got a buddy that loves him some Savages and for a fun builder I definitely can see how much fun they can be. Especially with great barrels ready to get turned on in a few minutes. Cool rifle.

Thanks Beretz, I am a savage barrel swapping fool..... they are the erector set of rifles. The one pictured is a 260 with a Douglas 1/8 twist. Weighs 6.5lbs all up . I have a 7-08 , 243, 22-250 and 308 barrel for it also.
Originally Posted by taylorce1

[Linked Image]

That's my rifle, I bought the rifle off of RenoH414 and the Edge from TDN. The classifieds here have been pretty good to me when I have cash to spare.

I think TC1 puts together some pretty cool stuff.

It’s definitley a good one!
Bob helped keep a lot of us grounded! I have a pre 64 fwt 270 in a mcmillan compact edge I call Bob's gun!
That nice rifle of whitebird's with the big moose rack would be easy enough to keep hold of too and provides some inspiration on direction of the next rifle for me!
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Bob helped keep a lot of us grounded! I have a pre 64 fwt 270 in a mcmillan compact edge I call Bob's gun!
That nice rifle of whitebird's with the big moose rack would be easy enough to keep hold of too and provides some inspiration on direction of the next rifle for me!

I just did a similar move myself. He was a use PoundR fan but the Compact EDGEs are a better fit.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
This one of Whitebird's is pretty damn nice!

[Linked Image]

Speaking of which, you have a wood stocked 30-06 I’d take for a walk!
There are several guys on here whose rifles I really like, but if I was going to pick one or two rifles out of someone’s cabinet and take them home it would be ChetAFs.
If I recall the handles correctly, UtahLefty and Utah708.

I don't covet anyone else's rifle.......
A certain someone’s 6mm BR Kimber Montana seems like a sweet little rig.
It would be soooooo cool to have one of Stick's rusty clunkers with the bbl hack sawed off. You'd have to clean the beer and cigarette smell off it though.
Phil Shoemaker has an Adolf Minar 30/06 sporter that he almost sold last winter. I was in the middle of buying my house but god I was tempted. I might have been living in a tent but that is still heck of a rifle. Michael Petrov used to post on here and he had Wundhammers, Owens and some Barry Worthen rifles that were pretty freakn nice.
I like this thread!

From a lust standpoint, I'd be happy to just be standing close to nearly anything in EdM's safe. However, whenever holding that Rigby or the Whelen, I'd better be wearing a condom. whistle

From an eminently practical standpoint, my predilections would be very much satisfied with the .300 Savage that Steelhead put together:

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Remington 700, Douglas stainless barrel cut to 21" measures .6" at the muzzle but keeps the Remington type taper/contour. McMillan Hunter's edge with Leupold 2-7x. All I run it is 130gr TTSX's in front of 44grs of H4895, just a hair under 3000fps.

That would pack easily, in any weather, felling just about anything on this continent that I can afford to hunt, at the distances I shoot, and it keeps all the pain downrange, where it belongs. What's not to like?

FC
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Phil Shoemaker has an Adolf Minar 30/06 sporter that he almost sold last winter. I was in the middle of buying my house but god I was tempted. I might have been living in a tent but that is still heck of a rifle. Michael Petrov used to post on here and he had Wundhammers, Owens and some Barry Worthen rifles that were pretty freakn nice.

Bingo.

I have some odds and ends from Michael's estate that are slowly morphing into sporters he would have approved of.
Pretty much anything from Jgraider, scenarshooter, elkaholic and a few others. Also, anyone with a Blaser R93 with some extra barrels. That first pic of Whitebird's rifle would be nice, but, I'll be good and let jwall have that and take the second one. laugh
Sadly most of the #1 blocked posters various 6mms - if the skull and cross bones can be removed.
Shrapnel’s, GW’s.
Couple of AAA French Kimber's,308 & 257 Roberts and a pair of Rem 700 Ti's in 308 & 300 SAUM [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
There are some beautiful rifles in the favorite rifles thread that certainly should be people's favorites, but I'm kind of happy with mine. While they aren't fine custom rifles like some of those shown, they suit me just fine and I'm not interested in those that belong to others.

Sure is fun to look though...
Anything aalf has. He builds some really sweet rifles.
That beautiful flintlock muzzleloader that DigitalDan keeps posting pictures of ! 🤠
Originally Posted by Bbear
Pretty much anything from Jgraider, scenarshooter, elkaholic and a few others. Also, anyone with a Blaser R93 with some extra barrels. That first pic of Whitebird's rifle would be nice, but, I'll be good and let jwall have that and take the second one. laugh

grin grin

In reality I’d be very happy with either one.

For the record. I’m very content with my arsenal
It’s not a matter of ‘covet’, WE buy/trade for things
we want.

I’ve ONLY offered to buy a few rifles that I admire.
Part of that is also to COMPLEMENT the owner.

Jerry
Originally Posted by geedubya

I'm not usually a Kimber Classic fan, but this one trips my trigger

ya!

GWB

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
284 Win
6.5-06
308 Win
7mm-08
Originally Posted by jwall

[Linked Image]

Jerry

Jerry,

LOL.... You are on the waiting list for sure..
Originally Posted by Godogs57

BTDT.... still wiping drool off my chin.
Lots of good ones here I’d love to have.

Always was fond of Steelheads Bumblebee .223AI, as well as Ingwe’s Mcflame. Got lucky and snagged Ingwe’s, and the rifle does not disappoint.
Ingwe has a very nicely done custom 303 British in the Lee Speed style that I like.
Geedubya might have one of the finest collections of rifles I have seen in a very long time. Mainly because he has a lot of different action types represented and a great mix of that.

DF and SHrapnel,Scenarshooter have a bunch of classy rifles and I apologize if I missed anyone.

I am sure there are others here that have similiar collections and choose not to post all their pictures .

I enjoy looking at these rifles immensely BTW , it never gets old
Fieldgrade has a CZ 527 Varmint with a stainless barrel that gets me excited.

A lot of other very nice rifles here but that is the one I really like and wish we could see more pics of, especially with some critters!

I would also take Judmans 660 in 6mm AI off of his hands to work some Missouri whitetail over with. Probably even use his 80 grain Ballistic Tip load to do it with.
Dirtfarmer had a .404 Jeff Win 70 with a slim Walther barrel in an Echols stock that made me want one... so I had one built.... but I chose to do in on the (quasi) cheap with a .375HH and keep the factory barrel. When he sold it and I missed the sale by a couple hours I was kicking myself. I know my .375 is all I'll ever need but man... that .404 would be nice. I've copied a few other builds I've found here but that was the only one I really didn't meet or exceed the original.

I believe someone has a .303 double rifle on the board as well. Grail rifle for 20+ years but it's hard to find one for less than a new Toyota.

DF's rig.

[Linked Image]

Any one of a thousand of Shrapnel's vintage Winchesters! That man has some NICE antique firearms.
Originally Posted by RickF
There are several guys on here whose rifles I really like, but if I was going to pick one or two rifles out of someone’s cabinet and take them home it would be ChetAFs.

Same here. Rifle for rifle, ChetAF has the highest quality rifles on the Campfire, in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryan
Originally Posted by RickF

Same here. Rifle for rifle, ChetAF has the highest quality rifles on the Campfire, in my opinion.

His latest rifle even makes me kinda like the chambering whistle
© 24hourcampfire